The Christian Church today is to be condemned/cursed.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]That is a straw man argument. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I have not condemned any church.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Paul told us that if anyone preaches a different gospel than what he and the apostles taught they were to be condemned/cursed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]None of the Christian Churches that I know of teaches what the apostles taught. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](Galatians 1:7-8) “Not that there can be more than one Good News; it is merely that some troublemakers among you want to change the Good News of Christ; and let me warn you that if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one you have already heard, he is to be condemned.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]By the way Jesus personally taught me that the Christian Church is not teaching his Word. [/SIZE]
No this is not a straw man argument...

"Paul told us that if anyone preaches a different gospel than what he and the apostles taught they were to be condemned/cursed."

" None of the Christian Churches that I know of teaches what the apostles taught."

By switching your language you do not deceive anyone...Paul is specific using the word "gospel". You switch to vague language "what the apostles taught". The gospel speaks nothing about pacifism. The gospel speaks nothing about not owning anything. These concepts you attach to the gospel, say no one is teaching these concepts, thereby...

I don't believe you about your Jesus story. No one speaking by the Spirit of God will say Jesus is accursed. You curse both Jesus and His Church with your delusional allegations.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
justaname said:
No this is not a straw man argument...

"Paul told us that if anyone preaches a different gospel than what he and the apostles taught they were to be condemned/cursed."

" None of the Christian Churches that I know of teaches what the apostles taught."

By switching your language you do not deceive anyone...Paul is specific using the word "gospel". You switch to vague language "what the apostles taught". The gospel speaks nothing about pacifism. The gospel speaks nothing about not owning anything. These concepts you attach to the gospel, say no one is teaching these concepts, thereby...

I don't believe you about your Jesus story. No one speaking by the Spirit of God will say Jesus is accursed. You curse both Jesus and His Church with your delusional allegations.
[SIZE=16pt]I have been sharing what Jesus has taught me for about forty years, and only a very few accept what I share about God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]My wife used to say that Jesus has me share so people can’t say to Jesus when they are being judged, that they never heard the truth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I do not share with any expectations of ever having people believing me.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I confirm what Jesus teaches me with the written Word of God, but people have a way of ignoring what they don’t want to hear. [/SIZE]

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 20:29
Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
justaname said:
John 20:29
Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."
[SIZE=16pt]One who truly believes in Jesus Christ our Lord and God will obey all of God’s commandments.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]How many people do you know of that have seen Jesus. I have seen Jesus.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Also Jesus told us what it takes to be a disciple of his.[/SIZE]
(Luke 14:33) “So in the same way, none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up all his possessions.”

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be quite proud of yourself Johnlove. You never sin. Jesus hangs out at your house. You supposedly own nothing to prove how devoted you are.

It is quite astonishing to me how someone can turn the gospel of our Savior who is filled with grace, love and truth into another form of self-righteous, legalistic chest-pounding. Not even the Apostle Paul, who wrote 2/3 of the NT did such boasting of his personal visions and sacrifices. I do not read any love or grace in your writings, but only how much more blessed, chosen and faithful you are than all of the Church. Your lack of humility is astounding. You claim that only Jesus/the Holy Spirit can correct you. Not even Peter or Paul made such ridiculous statements.

Jesus claimed that the gates of hell would not prevail against his Church. Yet you say, "Scripture condemns the Christian Church."

Your comments about your own sinless perfection, and personal visits by the Divine in order to restore a entirely corrupt and condemned church, filled with legalism is the EXACT type of language Joseph Smith and Brigham Young used when establishing their cult. Both of them claimed unique divine visits, sinlessness, and a supernatural calling to rebuild a condemned church. Birds of a feather...

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before stumbling.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Wormwood said:
You must be quite proud of yourself Johnlove. You never sin. Jesus hangs out at your house. You supposedly own nothing to prove how devoted you are.

[SIZE=16pt]Yes over the years when people could not find any fault with the word that was being shared by me, they started throwing stones at me. The stones for then and now were and are just words.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Being called proud would never be done by one who has been so blessed by God A person so blessed knows just how impossible it is to not sin unless God has made him or her a temple of God’s.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]A spiritual Christian knows that becoming a temple of God is not through any ability of him or her so blessed. It is only through the grace given by God that enables him or her to be able to obey God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]One who has the indwelling of God, has been taught that all honor and glory belongs to Jesus. His or her Lord and God.[/SIZE]
It is quite astonishing to me how someone can turn the gospel of our Savior who is filled with grace, love and truth into another form of self-righteous, legalistic chest-pounding. Not even the Apostle Paul, who wrote 2/3 of the NT did such boasting of his personal visions and sacrifices. I do not read any love or grace in your writings, but only how much more blessed, chosen and faithful you are than all of the Church. Your lack of humility is astounding. You claim that only Jesus/the Holy Spirit can correct you. Not even Peter or Paul made such ridiculous statements.

Jesus claimed that the gates of hell would not prevail against his Church. Yet you say, "Scripture condemns the Christian Church." [SIZE=16pt]Prevail means wins, and Satan is not going to win. Jesus will restore his Church.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]By the way which of all the thousand different Christian Churches is God’s Church in your estimation? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus does not only hang out in my house, but he is in me at all times.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](John 14:21) [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt](John 14: 23)[/SIZE]
Your comments about your own sinless perfection, and personal visits by the Divine in order to restore a entirely corrupt and condemned church, filled with legalism i
[SIZE=16pt]Did Jesus/Holy Spirit teach you the opinion you just shared?[/SIZE]
s the EXACT type of language Joseph Smith and Brigham Young used when establishing their cult. Both of them claimed unique divine visits, sinlessness, and a supernatural calling to rebuild a condemned church. Birds of a feather...

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014

Jesus claimed that the gates of hell would not prevail against his Church. Yet you say, "Scripture condemns the Christian Church."

Your comments about your own sinless perfection, and personal visits by the Divine in order to restore a entirely corrupt and condemned church, filled with legalism is the EXACT type of language Joseph Smith and Brigham Young used when establishing their cult. Both of them claimed unique divine visits, sinlessness, and a supernatural calling to rebuild a condemned church. Birds of a feather...
Johnlove, I would agree with Wormwood's comments above; he has adequately identified the spirit behind the proclamations you've put before us. You seem to be expressing a lot of anger. The Lord tells us it's okay to be angry but not to sin. What would be your next move, Johlove? And while you ponder that, I, and perhaps others, will now extend grace.

I went back and took another look at your OP. What solutions would you propose to the perceived problems you've listed?

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus/Holy Spirit teach you the opinion you just shared?
Well, obviously not, since you are the only one here that has the Holy Spirit...which in turn means you are without fault or sin and so it is inconceivable for you to be in error.

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
sojourner4Christ said:
"The [true] bottom line is", you have been deceived by a foul spirit.
I have been deceived by a foul spirit? What's that? OK, if you say so, a foul spirit is fine by me. You happy, I happy. :rolleyes:

sojourner4Christ said:
...very "superfically."
It's ok, I don't expect you to understand that the Greek words of Romans 13:8a which I quoted was arranged superficially (like jigsaw puzzles). Notice the last word was "to love"?

sojourner4Christ said:
"...seems ambiguous...could not agree unanimously...evidently...seemed..."

So why do you blather so with your reply?

Rather, "...let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation." (James 5:12)
It's ok, don't worry about it, I know where you/Johnlove are coming from. I don't expect you [2] to be qualified to discuss/debate theology with me.

sojourner4Christ said:
That's because the word of God does not say that "the holy spirit of God" inspired any translators.
Very, very good.

Err... but will you go back to your vomit and continue to chase your own tail [again and again] (by quoting from the English translated bible/s)? :rolleyes:

Or will you begin to learn how to study from the undiluted/given text/words of God to make/present yourself approved by God? :huh:

Or you are already too puffed up to be able to learn anything more/new!?!?! :rolleyes:

Every Scripture is God-breathed BY/WITH WHO/WHAT? (by who, and with what?) In order for you to know the exact answer, you would need to know the literal meaning of θεόπνευστος -- Let me help:
theopneustos = figuratively God-breathed or God-inspired. But what exactly is pneustos? Angry birds?

[SIZE=18.399999618530273px]So be it Angry birds. [/SIZE]You win, and I rest my case. Cheerio!

Wormwood said:
Well, obviously not, since you are the only one here that has the Holy Spirit...which in turn means you are without fault or sin and so it is inconceivable for you to be in error.
Oops, that hurts, [God's beloved] John and love. :D

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
Wormwood said:
[SIZE=16pt]A straw man argument. [/SIZE]
sojourner4Christ said:

Johnlove, I would agree with Wormwood's comments above; he has adequately identified the spirit behind the proclamations you've put before us. You seem to be expressing a lot of anger. The Lord tells us it's okay to be angry but not to sin. What would be your next move, Johlove? And while you ponder that, I, and perhaps others, will now extend grace.

I went back and took another look at your OP. What solutions would you propose to the perceived problems you've listed?
Thanks for your opinion also.

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]Paul said if one does not preach what the apostles taught they are condemned. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]There is much that the churches today are not teaching that the apostles taught. So that means all those churches are condemned. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]NIV[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](Galatians 1:6-9) “I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!”[/SIZE]
So you haven't prayed God for a brain yet! Since the NIV translation you quoted is quite vague/obscure, let me help this 1 more time:

Galatians 1:6-9 (My rough cut + emphases)
6 I marvel because/that ye are removed so quickly from the [One] Who having called you into [a] grace of Christ (appellative) to/into ANOTHER (of a different kind) Gospel;
7 which is not another (of the same kind) [Gospel], if not there be some who are agitating you, and are desiring to pervert the Gospel of the Christ (appellative).
8 But also supposing we or [a] messenger out of heaven evangelize to you alongside [beside and beyond] what we evangelized to you, let him be an anathema.
9 As we have uttered before (or foretold), and I now utter again: If any [one] evangelizes to you alongside [beside and beyond] what ye received (paralambano), let him be an anathema.

supposing =if [subjectively].

we or [a] messenger out of heaven = NOT ANY TOM, DICK AND HARRY!!!!! (100% not Johnlove or any stranger)

we = Apostles
we = May or may not include (demonized?) overseers/teachers of the same assembly/gathering (?)
[a] messenger out of heaven = An angry bird? (Hey, don't be a false accuser hokay?) :D :wub: :D

lambano =take/receive.
para = alongside [beside and beyond].

Johnlove said:
Thanks for your opinion also.
Partners in crime huh? B)

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
HearGod said:
So you haven't prayed God for a brain yet! Since the NIV translation you quoted is quite vague/obscure, let me help this 1 more time:

Galatians 1:6-9 (My rough cut + emphases)
6 I marvel because/that ye are removed so quickly from the [One] Who having called you into [a] grace of Christ (appellative) to/into ANOTHER (of a different kind) Gospel;
7 which is not another (of the same kind) [Gospel], if not there be some who are agitating you, and are desiring to pervert the Gospel of the Christ (appellative).
8 But also supposing we or [a] messenger out of heaven evangelize to you alongside [beside and beyond] what we evangelized to you, let him be an anathema.
9 As we have uttered before (or foretold), and I now utter again: If any [one] evangelizes to you alongside [beside and beyond] what ye received (paralambano), let him be an anathema.

supposing =if [subjectively].

we or [a] messenger out of heaven = NOT ANY TOM, DICK AND HARRY!!!!! (100% not Johnlove or any stranger)

we = Apostles
we = Church overseers/teachers (?)
messenger out of heaven = Angry birds? (Hey, don't be a false accuser hokay?) :D :wub: :D

lambano =take/receive.
para = alongside [beside and beyond].

Partners in crime huh? B)
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus said he would call out his own by name. He also said he would show himself to those who obeyed his commandments.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]John told us that the Holy Spirit would teach one everything.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Paul told us that one could not come to know God unless he or she allowed God to teach him or her.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Also if one still sins he or she is of the devil. If one still sins and teaches him or herself to understand the written Word of God, then they are being taught to understand the written Word of God by the devil.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus said he would call out his own by name. He also said he would show himself to those who obeyed his commandments.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]John told us that the Holy Spirit would teach one everything.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Paul told us that one could not come to know God unless he or she allowed God to teach him or her.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Also if one still sins he or she is of the devil. If one still sins and teaches him or herself to understand the written Word of God, then they are being taught to understand the written Word of God by the devil.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]
Jesus said he would call out his own by name.????

You and all your nonsense! Read John Chapter 10 again.

John told us that the Holy Spirit would teach one everything.????

You and all your nonsense! Read John Chapters 4 and 16 again.

++ Along with the rest of your garbage, which I really can't be bothered to read.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
HearGod said:
Jesus said he would call out his own by name.????

You and all your nonsense! Read John Chapter 10 again.

John told us that the Holy Spirit would teach one everything.????

You and all your nonsense! Read John Chapters 4 and 16 again.

++ Along with the rest of your garbage, which I really can't be bothered to read.
[SIZE=16pt]John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](John 10:14-16) “I am the good shepherd; I know my own and my own know me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for my sheep. And there are other sheep I have that are not of this fold, and these I have to lead as well. They too will listen to my voice, and there will be only one flock, and one shepherd. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I have read the scripture and understand what it says, and it is not garbage.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]If one does not understand, then maybe it is the devil that is telling him or her that scripture is garbage.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Remember a sinner is of the devil. [/SIZE]

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Every Scripture is God-breathed BY/WITH WHO/WHAT? (by who, and with what?) In order for you to know the exact answer, you would need to know the literal meaning of θεόπνευστος --
Incorrect. "In order for you to know the exact answer, you would need" the Holy Spirit, who leads us to all truth.

Let me help:
theopneustos = figuratively God-breathed or God-inspired. But what exactly is pneustos? Angry birds?

[SIZE=18.399999618530273px]So be it Angry birds. [/SIZE]You win, and I rest my case. Cheerio!
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly..." (1 Tim 4:1) KJB

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God" (2 Tim 3:16 KJB)

What does "given by inspiration" mean? What is "All scripture"? I will begin will a discussion of the Greek text, only because that is where this discussion usually, and I might add, somewhat incorrectly begins. This will not come from the standard corrupt secularized lexicons and critical editions (such as Strong, Vine, Zodhiates, Moulton, Milligan, Thayer, Wuest, Trench, Vincent, Liddell, Scott, Persbacher, Gesenius, Brown, Driver, Briggs, Scrivener, Berry, Beza, Westcott, Hort, Aland, Metzger, Green, and Ginsburg - all are proven unreliable in various degrees).

The Greek word "theopneustos" is translated "is given by inspiration of God." The first part of the word is theo which means "God." The second part, from pneuma, is almost always translated as "spirit" (322 times; 91 times as 'Ghost' or ghost; once as 'wind,' once as 'life,' and never as 'breath' or 'breathed'). Given the vast preponderance of the translation of this Greek word into English as "spirit," it is logically translated with the English "spir," as seen in the word "inspiration." The use of the word 'spir," meaning "spirit," lines up perfectly with John 6:63, where Jesus defines his words. He said,

"[T]he words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

In other words, the word of God is not just ink on paper, like other books; its words are "spirit." Since the spirit of God is alive, his words are also alive. Consequently John 6:63 concludes that the word of God is "life."

Breath is tangible; the spirit is not tangible. Those who are afraid to call the KJB "inspired" are wrongly focused on the physical character of Strong's or Moulton's erring definition, "breathe"; they know that God did close the canon and stopped the physical sign gifts. But God's "Spirit" is still striving with man, comforting man, and leading man into all truth. God never said the Spirit would not translate the canon; he did provide for this in Acts 2 when "every man heard them speak in his own language" from "every nation under heaven." Although the Greek word pneuma can be seen in secular English as 'pneumonia' and 'pneumatic,' both relating to air, its Biblical usage is exclusively as 'spirit,' never as 'breathe.' Even Hodge, as noted in Augustus Strong's Systematic Theology on p. 198 admitted that 'spirit' is the correct correlative.

Not surprisingly, corrupt new bible versions, such as the NIV, replace "inspiration" with the secular word "breathed," thereby erasing the root 'spir' and its connection to the Spirit of God. The Calvinist produced English Standard Version (ESV) similarly says "breathed out" (yet the word "out" also appears in no Greek texts).

I don't expect you [2] to be qualified to discuss/debate theology with me.
I pray that this helps, HearGod, as I now will extend grace to you, also, since none of us are "qualfied to discuss/debate theology with" you.

HearGod

Sep 23, 2014
sojourner4Christ said:
"Supposedly"? lol
I missed this yesterday. "Supposedly" is an adverb that generally means, "[SIZE=small]according to what is generally assumed or believed."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]When theologians say something like: "The KJV was supposedly translated from The Textus Receptus," it is meant to be an insult to the translators of KJV, because these [/SIZE]theologians know very well that evidently, the KJV was not exactly translated from the Received Text, but the Latin Vulgate.[SIZE=small] Here are a couple of evidences/proofs:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]In the OT, the word, "Lucifer" [/SIZE]found in the KJV Bible (aka KJB) is a Latin word translated directly from the Latin Vulgate (of the Roman Catholic [mother] Church). The original Hebrew text reads, "Heylel." (probably: a [shining] boaster -- Would you like to teach me ancient [Palio] Hebrew or modern Yiddish? :p )

[SIZE=small]In the NT, the word "Easter" [/SIZE]found in the KJV Bible (aka KJB) is also a Latin word translated directly from the Latin Vulgate. The original Greek text reads, "pascha" (Passover). Does Easter Sunday and Astarte/Ashtoreth ring a bell?

On top of KJB [supposedly] (ellipsis/square parenthesis added out of courtesy) being a product evidently/openly influenced, but "secretly" (scare-quoted) endorsed/approved/authorized), by the Roman [mother] church, the lower standard of the English language used is another telltale sign that it might not even be translated (Ahem, interpreted) by Englishmen, for all you know.

sojourner4Christ said:
Incorrect. "In order for you to know the exact answer, you would need" the Holy Spirit, who leads us to all truth.
2 Timothy 2:15 (say, if you are a disciple/Timothy)

sojourner4Christ said:
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God" (2 Tim 3:16 KJB)

What does "given by inspiration" mean? What is "All scripture"? I will begin will a discussion of the Greek text, only because that is where this discussion usually, and I might add, somewhat incorrectly begins. This will not come from the standard corrupt secularized lexicons and critical editions (such as Strong, Vine, Zodhiates, Moulton, Milligan, Thayer, Wuest, Trench, Vincent, Liddell, Scott, Persbacher, Gesenius, Brown, Driver, Briggs, Scrivener, Berry, Beza, Westcott, Hort, Aland, Metzger, Green, and Ginsburg - all are proven unreliable in various degrees).

The Greek word "theopneustos" is translated "is given by inspiration of God." The first part of the word is theo which means "God." The second part, from pneuma, is almost always translated as "spirit" (322 times; 91 times as 'Ghost' or ghost; once as 'wind,' once as 'life,' and never as 'breath' or 'breathed'). Given the vast preponderance of the translation of this Greek word into English as "spirit," it is logically translated with the English "spir," as seen in the word "inspiration." The use of the word 'spir," meaning "spirit," lines up perfectly with John 6:63, where Jesus defines his words. He said,

"[T]he words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

In other words, the word of God is not just ink on paper, like other books; its words are "spirit." Since the spirit of God is alive, his words are also alive. Consequently John 6:63 concludes that the word of God is "life."

Breath is tangible; the spirit is not tangible. Those who are afraid to call the KJB "inspired" are wrongly focused on the physical character of Strong's or Moulton's erring definition, "breathe"; they know that God did close the canon and stopped the physical sign gifts. But God's "Spirit" is still striving with man, comforting man, and leading man into all truth. God never said the Spirit would not translate the canon; he did provide for this in Acts 2 when "every man heard them speak in his own language" from "every nation under heaven." Although the Greek word pneuma can be seen in secular English as 'pneumonia' and 'pneumatic,' both relating to air, its Biblical usage is exclusively as 'spirit,' never as 'breathe.' Even Hodge, as noted in Augustus Strong's Systematic Theology on p. 198 admitted that 'spirit' is the correct correlative.

Not surprisingly, corrupt new bible versions, such as the NIV, replace "inspiration" with the secular word "breathed," thereby erasing the root 'spir' and its connection to the Spirit of God. The Calvinist produced English Standard Version (ESV) similarly says "breathed out" (yet the word "out" also appears in no Greek texts).
So you returned to your own vomit. I knew it; could not expect more.

Very good. You must have spent a lot of time to research and cut-n-paste mindlessly again, no?

I repeat:
Its FIGURATIVELY meaning is [correctly] God-breathed AND God-inspired. What is the exact/literal (word-for-word) meaning?

Try googling/researching again, and see what else you can come up with, and hopefully you will also learn how NOT to cut-n-paste mindlessly again.

Cheerio!

Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."[/SIZE]
You are a pain/joke, and these might take "forever." So I will try to cut to the chase:

[SIZE=16pt]I tell you the truth [/SIZE]-- I don't know how your Bible came up with this phrase. You are a pain in the...!

[SIZE=16pt]the sheep listen to his voice [/SIZE]-- Neither does this read "the Christians" hear his voice," nor "Mister Johnlove and so-and-so hear his voice." So who/what are/were these sheep Yehshua was referring to in this PARABLE?

[SIZE=16pt]He calls his own sheep by name [/SIZE]-- "sheep" is in plural, and "name" is in singular. Now tell me, you were called by what name? Christian? Johnlove? Or? Poor fish, and therafter he "blessed" (favour you with health and wealth) you, and fed you to the 5,000+????? You are a joke!

Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt](John 10:14-16) “I am the good shepherd; I know my own and my own know me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for my sheep. And there are other sheep I have that are not of this fold, and these I have to lead as well. They too will listen to my voice, and there will be only one flock, and one shepherd.[/SIZE]

my sheep -- Who are/were these sheep? Are you or aren't you one of them? (say, this stick?)

other sheep not of this fold -- Who are/were these "other" sheep? Are you or aren't you one of them? (say, that stick?)

Are you dying to add/put the word, "Christians" or "Johnlove & family" into Yehshua's mouth?

Johnlove said:
[SIZE=16pt]I have read the scripture and understand what it says, and it is not garbage.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]If one does not understand, then maybe it is the devil that is telling him or her that scripture is garbage.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Remember a sinner is of the devil. [/SIZE]
You are not quoting Scripture, your words are garbage! AND YOU MUST BE VERY SICK TO THINK/BELIEVE THAT ALL OF YOU [IDIOTS] HAVE BEEN SHOWN/TOLD EVERYTHING/ALL TRUTHS BY THE HOLY SPIRIT/GHOST (WHATEVER THAT IS) BECAUSE YOUR "STRANGE" BIBLE SAYS SO! (I just yelled at you!)

[SIZE=18.399999618530273px]I am gone like the summer/smoke. THINK! And Cheerio![/SIZE]

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
HearGod said:
I missed this yesterday. "Supposedly" is an adverb that generally means, "[SIZE=small]according to what is generally assumed or believed."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]When theologians say something like: "The KJV was supposedly translated from The Textus Receptus," it is meant to be an insult to the translators of KJV, because these [/SIZE]theologians know very well that evidently, the KJV was not exactly translated from the Received Text, but the Latin Vulgate.[SIZE=small] Here are a couple of evidences/proofs:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]In the OT, the word, "Lucifer" [/SIZE]found in the KJV Bible (aka KJB) is a Latin word translated directly from the Latin Vulgate (of the Roman Catholic [mother] Church). The original Hebrew text reads, "Heylel." (probably: a [shining] boaster -- Would you like to teach me ancient [Palio] Hebrew or modern Yiddish? :p )

[SIZE=small]In the NT, the word "Easter" [/SIZE]found in the KJV Bible (aka KJB) is also a Latin word translated directly from the Latin Vulgate. The original Greek text reads, "pascha" (Passover). Does Easter Sunday and Astarte/Ashtoreth ring a bell?

On top of KJB [supposedly] (ellipsis/square parenthesis added out of courtesy) being a product evidently/openly influenced, but "secretly" (scare-quoted) endorsed/approved/authorized), by the Roman [mother] church, the lower standard of the English language used is another telltale sign that it might not even be translated (Ahem, interpreted) by Englishmen, for all you know.

2 Timothy 2:15 (say, if you are a disciple/Timothy)

So you returned to your own vomit. I knew it; could not expect more.

Very good. You must have spent a lot of time to research and cut-n-paste mindlessly again, no?

I repeat:
Its FIGURATIVELY meaning is [correctly] God-breathed AND God-inspired. What is the exact/literal (word-for-word) meaning?

Try googling/researching again, and see what else you can come up with, and hopefully you will also learn how NOT to cut-n-paste mindlessly again.

Cheerio!

You are a pain/joke, and these might take "forever." So I will try to cut to the chase:

[SIZE=16pt]I tell you the truth [/SIZE]-- I don't know how your Bible came up with this phrase. You are a pain in the...!

[SIZE=16pt]the sheep listen to his voice [/SIZE]-- Neither does this read "the Christians" hear his voice," nor "Mister Johnlove and so-and-so hear his voice." So who/what are/were these sheep Yehshua was referring to in this PARABLE?

[SIZE=16pt]He calls his own sheep by name [/SIZE]-- "sheep" is in plural, and "name" is in singular. Now tell me, you were called by what name? Christian? Johnlove? Or? Poor fish, and therafter he "blessed" (favour you with health and wealth) you, and fed you to the 5,000+????? You are a joke!

my sheep -- Who are/were these sheep? Are you or aren't you one of them? (say, this stick?)

other sheep not of this fold -- Who are/were these "other" sheep? Are you or aren't you one of them? (say, that stick?)

Are you dying to add/put the word, "Christians" or "Johnlove & family" into Yehshua's mouth?

You are not quoting Scripture, your words are garbage!
[SIZE=16pt]My word may or may not be garbage, but it is scripture, that is quoted by me, and that is not garbage.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]You may not recognize the written Word of God, nor understand it, but others reading my posts will recognize the scripture quoted by me.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]You should begin to wonder why you can’t recognize, and understand the written Word of God. You had better start finding out who is teaching you about God. [/SIZE]

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
HearGod, there are so many falsehoods in your posts, and zero documentation. You no longer, if you ever did, know what is real from what is fiction. With the irresponsibility of a child without his Parent, you have been overcome with the perceived anonymity of a keyboard, ’puter screen and a free account. No one is edified by the drool of a fool.

Your venom is of old, born of a haughty spirit, because you truly know nothing. Like the lot of wanna-be scholars who have corrupted the covenant and led many astray (Malachi chap. 2), your highest opinion is of yourself. Conversely, with Johnlove, he may yet be teachable. He would be merciful in ignoring you. You, however, have set yourself a long, but not impossible, row to hoe with the King of kings. You obviously do not desire to Hear God now, but you will. I pray that he will be merciful to you when your time of judgment arrives -- and it will arrive, as for each of us. Your vile fantasy of a convo with me will no longer be indulged.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest you guys start a new thread dealing with Bible translations or how to understand John 10. Currently this conversation has nothing to do with the OP, which, (thankfully) has run its course.