The Christmas countdown

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
19 days left until Christmas and today in my Christmas countdown we have Home Alone 2 Lost In New York and tonight in my Christmas Couch Potato Campout we have The Nativity Story. :)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
19 days left until Christmas and today in my Christmas countdown we have Home Alone 2 Lost In New York and tonight in my Christmas Couch Potato Campout we have The Nativity Story. :)

Today we finished the gift boxes of truffles... except for the mint ones that will get put in at the last moment before delivery.

So today I started on cookies.
I got 2 different shortbread cookies made and one oatmeal variety made.

I need to get back at it soon to form up the shortbread into patterns.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Randy Random!! How are you? :D Did you see the videos I sent you last night? ;)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot to do this earlier but there's 18 days left until Christmas, so can somebody please tell me if I've been naughty or nice? :D

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seventeen days left to go and where is everybody? Lol this thread is as dead as a doornail. :p

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Seventeen days left to go and where is everybody? Lol this thread is as dead as a doornail. :p
Not long to go and it will pass so quickly. Have you put up your tree, cleaned your house, made your Christmas cake, Christmas puddings and mince pies? Have you spent time with Jesus without whom there would be no Christmas? (I'm teaching my three year old grandaughter that Christmas isn't just about Santa and presents). Have you ordered your turkey? Have you bought and wrapped your presents and written/posted your Christmas cards? It can be a very busy time, especially if you also have a full time job.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't done much of anything yet but I finished my Christmas shopping and pretty soon I will be decorating the house, wrapping presents, and I read my Bible every day. :)

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't done much of anything yet but I finished my Christmas shopping and pretty soon I will be decorating the house, wrapping presents, and I read my Bible every day. :)
I used to do a lot more than I do now. I used to be busy, busy, busy for weeks. I'm very laid back about it all now, but one good thing I won't have to cook the turkey this year as we've been invited out for Christmas dinner. I used to be in our church choir and we had a midnight service on Christmas eve so I used to prep the veg and get as much ready as I could before I went. After the service some of the single people would come back to my house for a mince pie and a night cap and help us to fill our son's stocking. On Christmas morning I put the turkey in the oven and par-boiled the veg before we all went to church. I used to love those Christmases as a new Christian.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I used to do a lot more than I do now. I used to be busy, busy, busy for weeks. I'm very laid back about it all now, but one good thing I won't have to cook the turkey this year as we've been invited out for Christmas dinner. I used to be in our church choir and we had a midnight service on Christmas eve so I used to prep the veg and get as much ready as I could before I went. After the service some of the single people would come back to my house for a mince pie and a night cap and help us to fill our son's stocking. On Christmas morning I put the turkey in the oven and par-boiled the veg before we all went to church. I used to love those Christmases as a new Christian.
@Pearl Yes, it's descending on us rapidly, the 25th...

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yesterday I did two dozen oatmeal, 3 dozen choc white chip, and 4 batches of toll house.

Today I got 5 batches of toll house, 3 choc mint chip, and 3 batches of cherry-white chocolate cookies to do.

So I can begin to decorate and dip the cookies tomorrow and then Friday begin to deliver the candy and cookies.

Merry Christmas.

(I don't do "Ho Ho Ho" it's fake news)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay Santa from The Christmas Chronicles. XD Anyways,.. 16 days left to go!! :D

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today we are dipping the cookies in chocolate and generally decorating them.

Putting jelly centers in...dusting with powdered sugar...all that jazz. Sprinkles say "Party".

Tomorrow is delivery day!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More cookies getting decorated...they gotta look like the pictures I've posted.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As soon as I'm done eating lunch I have to post a picture of your next project Mister elf. :D