The Christmas countdown

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry about that. You give the impression of being a free spirit. God bless.

I will be out eventually,.. I just have special needs and haven't left yet. It's alright though, I understand. God bless you as well. :)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, I still have to bake Christmas cookies as well.
I am just about out of cookies and candies.

I'm tired of the house looking as if Buddy the Elf came for a visit.
I want some free table space to eat my dinner or breakfast on. I want my kitchen to be free of dishes and whatnot. I do dishes at least once a day and sometimes twice but they never get all done...

But I made something to the tune of 1200 pieces of candy and over 500 cookies this year.
35 plates with 18 cookies and 38 boxes of candy with 24 pieces plus 7 in a baggie on the side.
Then there's the 15lbs box I shipped off to georgia of cookies and 10lb of candy....that was $45 for shipping.
But I was happy to be rid of them.

Tomorrow is Christmas. Yeah!
We had a very nice Christmas dinner with friends the other night. Prime Rib, roasted potatoes, asparagus, and glazed carrots.
The boys got to decorate the gingerbread house I made for them.
It was a good time. I missed doing that all year. We all had to quarantine in order to pull it off. My son popped up sick so no prime rib for him. (We took him a plate)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am just about out of cookies and candies.

I'm tired of the house looking as if Buddy the Elf came for a visit.
I want some free table space to eat my dinner or breakfast on. I want my kitchen to be free of dishes and whatnot. I do dishes at least once a day and sometimes twice but they never get all done...

But I made something to the tune of 1200 pieces of candy and over 500 cookies this year.
35 plates with 18 cookies and 38 boxes of candy with 24 pieces plus 7 in a baggie on the side.
Then there's the 15lbs box I shipped off to georgia of cookies and 10lb of candy....that was $45 for shipping.
But I was happy to be rid of them.

Tomorrow is Christmas. Yeah!
We had a very nice Christmas dinner with friends the other night. Prime Rib, roasted potatoes, asparagus, and glazed carrots.
The boys got to decorate the gingerbread house I made for them.
It was a good time. I missed doing that all year. We all had to quarantine in order to pull it off. My son popped up sick so no prime rib for him. (We took him a plate)

Do you get to eat any of your cookies or are you fed up of them by the time they're finished? I bet your house smell incredible with the sweet fragrance of Christmas cookies.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you get to eat any of your cookies or are you fed up of them by the time they're finished? I bet your house smell incredible with the sweet fragrance of Christmas cookies.
I'm fed up with them by the time I'm finished.
My wife loves it when I get to baking and making all of it. Yeah there's an almost permanent smell to our place. I have to taste each variety when I make them to ensure quality and flavor.
The new dried cherry, candied orange peel, and white chocolate chip cookies this year came about from this sort of thing...I wrote the recipe because I wanted to make a better flavor to hit particular flavor profiles. It hits it out of the park.

Today is just prep for tomorrow's brunch at my parents house. Ham, deviled eggs, breakfast casserole, rolls and spinach strawberry salad.
That'll be started after breakfast this morning so we can just pack and go 90 minutes away.
*Sigh*.
At least I can see the dining table. It's covered in butter from cooling cookies. (Cookies for my family)

New years is coming...I'm hoping for a better year...the last one was a dumpster fire.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...yes
They are across the international date line...for them it is Christmas day.
Yes, we are still waiting.

I remember when I crossed the International Date line flying at that time [August, 1964] in uniform to South Viet Nam. It was very dark when we left California and it was still very dark when we finally stopped in Manila. We had to wait in Manila for the sun to 'catch up' because we were not allowed to land in Saigon when it was dark. Flying at the speed of a jet airliner [chartered by Uncle Sam], which was slowing down the night, that was the longest night of my life.

Reactions: JohnDB

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
when i was a kid i was so jacked up the nigh before Christmas. it was the longest night ever and i couldnt take it! i wanted those presents so bad!

Reactions: amadeus and JohnDB