THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You said just now that “Stranger” sounded drunk.
I have actually a couple of times wondered if you were drunk ...so I guess it is a two way street as they say.

Be honest with us, if you wish to have a conversation with us.

Just tell us 1) why you are here, and 2) what we can do to help you.

If you are interested in a serious conversation , then, we are listening.

If this Site is just for you to play on, or spend your bored time on....then that is a different story.
I'm here for instruction with what to do. What else does Christ expect of me,? What of God? I am considering going to church, I like the christian system and life and sfa church. I admire Doug batchelor and the time we spent together. Both of us. Hes dark funny cool and excellent. I like his teaching and style. I guess I'm here to spread what wisdom I have and be myself. I know I can learn much and probably need too. Doug batchelor is a good ambassador of Christ.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Oh the light of the key of David. Fine. It's really true. I've offered much. Stranger sounds drunk to me
Sorry. But he said I sound DRUNK. If I'm drunk because I'm carnal then so she. But there really is two sides to a coin, a balance, you should always be you.

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I have actually a couple of times wondered if you were drunk ...so I guess it is a two way street as they say.

Well I said he sounded drunk because I'm a noob okay. He said I offered nothing and truth be told I offered alot.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I disagree.

Years ago, I had a Bible class in a nursing home. You know full well the mental capacity of many who are there. It was a good ministry. But you know, the hardest part, when you first opened the doors, was to get the past smell of urine.

I wondered and prayed over how to teach a Bible class in a nursing home to many whose minds were gone. You know what I decided? I would teach no differently to these as I would as if I was in the First Baptist Church of Dallas. I determined the Holy Spirit can reach and do His will with those in the nursing home just like He can do any where else.

And when you teach and preach you can see the spirit in the people who are listening. Some are just taking it in as children of God do. Others are full of hate and anger for what you are saying. That never changes.

But one of the oldest ladies there, if not the oldest, was Mrs. Ford. I praise God for her. She was up in her 90's. In a wheel chair. Shrunken and small. And others would wheel her in to the Bible study.

But one Sunday I was teaching on the book of Daniel. And I wasn't trying to be elementary. I was speaking just as I speak here. And Mrs. Fords eyes were taking it in and she let go a shout of Praise to God and Jesus. She asked me a question, which I don't remember what it was, but I do remember that I recognized in order for her to ask that, she had to have been able to follow all that I said. 90 something years old. If the Spirit of God can do that with Mrs. Ford, he can do it with a young man.

So you see. I have not sympathy for a young man who carries on as he does in rejection of God and Christ.

Stranger
I don't reject GOD and CHRIST. I'm thankful to them. They've given me some good blessings. So has the Jews and Michael.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I disagree.

Years ago, I had a Bible class in a nursing home. You know full well the mental capacity of many who are there. It was a good ministry. But you know, the hardest part, when you first opened the doors, was to get the past smell of urine.

I wondered and prayed over how to teach a Bible class in a nursing home to many whose minds were gone. You know what I decided? I would teach no differently to these as I would as if I was in the First Baptist Church of Dallas. I determined the Holy Spirit can reach and do His will with those in the nursing home just like He can do any where else.

And when you teach and preach you can see the spirit in the people who are listening. Some are just taking it in as children of God do. Others are full of hate and anger for what you are saying. That never changes.

But one of the oldest ladies there, if not the oldest, was Mrs. Ford. I praise God for her. She was up in her 90's. In a wheel chair. Shrunken and small. And others would wheel her in to the Bible study.

But one Sunday I was teaching on the book of Daniel. And I wasn't trying to be elementary. I was speaking just as I speak here. And Mrs. Fords eyes were taking it in and she let go a shout of Praise to God and Jesus. She asked me a question, which I don't remember what it was, but I do remember that I recognized in order for her to ask that, she had to have been able to follow all that I said. 90 something years old. If the Spirit of God can do that with Mrs. Ford, he can do it with a young man.

So you see. I have not sympathy for a young man who carries on as he does in rejection of God and Christ.

Stranger
I wasn't rejecting God and Christ I was being friendly.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm here for instruction with what to do. What else does Christ expect of me,? What of God? I am considering going to church, I like the christian system and life and sfa church. I admire Doug batchelor and the time we spent together. Both of us. Hes dark funny cool and excellent. I like his teaching and style. I guess I'm here to spread what wisdom I have and be myself. I know I can learn much and probably need too. Doug batchelor is a good ambassador of Christ.

You have no wisdom to spread. You spread a lot, but it ain't wisdom.

Stranger

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I like you guys too. You've given me some good information regarding Christ.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
God changed me pretty good. I was a sinner stealing amongst other things and I prayed for forgiveness. I don't know how but I quit.....

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

Be honest with us, if you wish to have a conversation with us.

Just tell us 1) why you are here, and 2) what we can do to help you.

If you are interested in a serious conversation , then, we are listening.

If this Site is just for you to play on, or spend your bored time on....then that is a different story.
What's wrong with being drunk? A I'm thankful for the opportunity to work with you and your balanced with you.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
If Jesus forgives sins then why can't Michael? I prayed a heart felt prayer to Jesus and Michael and they forgave me.

B

brakelite

If Jesus forgives sins then why can't Michael? I prayed a heart felt prayer to Jesus and Michael and they forgave me.
You are opening up a can of worms there bro. Most here think Michael is a created angel with no divine attributes... So does not have the power to forgive sin.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy