THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus forgives sins then why can't Michael? I prayed a heart felt prayer to Jesus and Michael and they forgave me.
Hi David, in my own experience only God the father and Jesus Christ can forgive our sins, this is how I feel it.

Reactions: Nancy
B

brakelite

Hi David, in my own experience only God the father and Jesus Christ can forgive our sins, this is how I feel it.
You are absolutely correct. However, there is good biblical justification in the concept that the Son of God,. Jesus, in His preincarnate life, was known as Michael. The fact that Michael is indeed an archangel doors not necessarily mean he is a created angel as are the others. Several times Jesus is referenced as an angel... Messenger of the covenant etc... But we don't automatically think he was created. Just saying. Not really wanting to create a debate here... Just suggesting there are other legitimate perspectives to the identity of Michael without lessening the attributes of Christ himself.

Reactions: Nancy

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are absolutely correct. However, there is good biblical justification in the concept that the Son of God,. Jesus, in His preincarnate life, was known as Michael. The fact that Michael is indeed an archangel doors not necessarily mean he is a created angel as are the others. Several times Jesus is referenced as an angel... Messenger of the covenant etc... But we don't automatically think he was created. Just saying. Not really wanting to create a debate here... Just suggesting there are other legitimate perspectives to the identity of Michael without lessening the attributes of Christ himself.
I only know Jesus Christ the son of God, my Lord and Savior.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You are absolutely correct.
Forgive, and you will be forgiven
?
so no, wadr he is not correct, and not even very close bl. This is what comes from preachers making you believe that forgiveness will save you, when the whole world's sins are already forgiven, i guess? Dunno.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He does. And you can trust Him to use it for good in your life.

Did you read that David K is interested in SDA ...maybe you can direct him to one? If you know the ones in the States linked to your?

I dunno, its hard trying to help someone on internet. He needs a real live person to talk to. Really.

Reactions: Nancy and brakelite

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgive, and you will be forgiven
?
so no, wadr he is not correct, and not even very close bl. This is what comes from preachers making you believe that forgiveness will save you, when the whole world's sins are already forgiven, i guess? Dunno.

What an idiotic statement. You state 'he is not correct, and not even close". You then say 'I guess,? Dunno'.

Oxymoronic as you are.

Stranger