THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The seventy-two returned with joy and said, ‘Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.’ He replied, ‘I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. Luke 10:17-19
Oh so is this after Jesus arose?

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
"I seems much more softer to say IMHO, "just in case" your understanding is not perfect. How many are already perfect!!! :)" <---Amen, and I would say nobody is perfect in this life. "Perfect" in Him, yes! If...we are complete in His love...IMHO ♥

Helen, I'm sure you believe, as I do, that God's Word has many facets. And, one of them - IMHO!!! :) - Could, maybe be that not every scripture verse is meant in the same way with every person, at any given time? Could the very same scripture mean different things to different Christians, depending on where they are in their walk? Of course, this is not to say that scripture is to be wrested out of context, just that we perceive the same scriptures in different ways depending where we are in our maturity, our growth? I think God metes out understanding in increments, according to our faith and willingness to "see". Maybe He only will give one just enough knowledge of His Word and, as they grow...they understand and view a scripture differently down the road? Sorry if I'm not getting my point across very well o_O :D.
I understood every word I think you're correct.

Reactions: Nancy

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
"And there was war on hravem. Michael and the angels fought with the dragon and the dragon and his angels, and they were cast out of heaven and neither was a place found for them anymore." Is this verse in revelation speaking of the devil? Or is it Satan?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And there was war on hravem. Michael and the angels fought with the dragon and the dragon and his angels, and they were cast out of heaven and neither was a place found for them anymore." Is this verse in revelation speaking of the devil? Or is it Satan?
I would say it is talking about Satan and all of the fallen angels (Satan's demons after they fell).

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The war was/is in you (or me) and it is about you (or me)... whether there will be heaven within you (or me)... or hell.

"From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?" James 4:1[/QUOT
Oh okay thanks. Makes much sense.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I like John 316. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes on him shall not perish but have everlasting life." I believe on Jesus.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The war was/is in you (or me) and it is about you (or me)... whether there will be heaven within you (or me)... or hell.

"From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?" James 4:1
Is that what the test is? What life is about? To see whether we go to heaven or hell? I was actually told this once. I have ALOT of good in me. I have some bad too. I admit this.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Last week my mom took some pills and got high. She went to sleep and wouldn't wake up. At first I thought she would wake up later but she didn't. I waited an hour later and tried to wake her up. She wouldn't wake up. I told my sister and she called the paramedics and they came over and gave her a shot. She woke up. The first time it happened I woke her up out of the bathroom. She was sleeping on the toilet with the door locked.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I love my neice and 2 nephews as well. Ones a few months old, the girl's 3, we celebrated her birthday yesterday, and my oldest nephew is 7.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I used to watch 3 abn. I watched it for about a year. I was a prayer partner for Jesus and 3abn. Prayers for other people with prayer requests and I often prayed for Jesus or God not to kill us because we are bad. I was bad growing up but we quite a few times I was good. It was like an inner struggle between good and bad, light and dark. Both felt normal at times. Im pretty sure it's in the Bible. When I became a Christian or child again I was really good but I was still myself, although I was in the light. There was like this war in me and I was wondering about Jesus and God and heavem, and I was tempted of the flesh. I went on this website and spoke of Jesus and God. I learned more about them as a child, I was 18. I won many souls to the church. I even had a group dedicated to Christ.

Reactions: amadeus

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I also read the King James version and new international version. I read the good news Bible as well. Atleast I read when I Genesis and a few other beginning books. I was questioning why God was doing souch killing in war. I read this when I was older. I was Catholicwas a kid. I became an sda later on. I like Adventism. I watched quite a bit of 3 abn.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I had a dark side, a rebellion side and a good side. I was kind of malevolent or cruel. Jesus awakened my light side and changed me and I prayed to him and the father for forgiveness because I was pretty badass.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
As a kid and child I watched alot of horror movies with my grandfather. Loved the stuff couldnt get enough grit enough. It was great. I liked the demons, , creatures and monsters. I saw like every horror movie. Old and new. I watched like 350 movies or more and many folks like it as well. I saw alot of shows and cartoons and anime growing up as well, and beat like 155 games. Read a bunch of interesting fiction and science fiction books as well. Got straight A's in the ninth grade and good grades all throughout high school and college. Didn't graduate college but I got like 24 units. I only went for like a year and a half. I want to go back.

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Ohh I got Likev 24 and a half units. I took some half unit classes in high school.