The church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the church necessary for salvation?

Scripture evidence please?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Define for us what you mean by the word, "church".

Is not the Church equal to the the Body of Christ?

"Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular." I Cor 12:27

The word, "Ye", is a plural pronoun. What group of people are included in it?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define for us what you mean by the word, "church".

those baptized into it

Is not the Church equal to the the Body of Christ?

"Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular." I Cor 12:27

The word, "Ye", is a plural pronoun. What group of people are included in it?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know you are sincere, but I'm concerned. I've noticed that you only create posts that specifically exalt the Roman Catholic Church as if it is the RCC that saves you, and not Jesus Christ. Do you honestly believe the thinly veiled threat that unless we are a member of the RCC that we do not belong to the Body of Christ? In fact, I don't see you ever even mention Jesus, only His mother, Peter, the authority of the pope, or the sacraments. What about the gospel of Jesus Christ? Do you know why Jesus came? Was it only to make the Roman Catholic Church in Jerusalem the plan of salvation?

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken and Renniks

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No where in scripture does it say that the church is neccesary for salvation.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you are sincere, but I'm concerned. I've noticed that you only create posts that specifically exalt the Roman Catholic Church as if it is the RCC that saves you, and not Jesus Christ. Do you honestly believe the thinly veiled threat that unless we are a member of the RCC that we do not belong to the Body of Christ? In fact, I don't see you ever even mention Jesus, only His mother, Peter, the authority of the pope, or the sacraments. What about the gospel of Jesus Christ? Do you know why Jesus came? Was it only to make the Roman Catholic Church in Jerusalem the plan of salvation?

there is only one God and one king Christ the king!
One savior one mediator Jesus Christ!
Ok

jesus and his church are one acts 22:9 why persecute the church no He said why persecute me?

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Jn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
Exactly. No denominations, but one body ( the church) because of the baptism of the spirit when we are saved.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. No denominations, but one body ( the church) because of the baptism of the spirit when we are saved.

no by Christian baptism
In the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is only one God and one king Christ the king!
One savior one mediator Jesus Christ!
Ok

jesus and his church are one acts 22:9 why persecute the church no He said why persecute me?

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20

You avoided my question. Here it is again. Do you honestly believe the thinly veiled threat that unless we are a member of the RCC that we do not belong to the Church, the Body of Christ?

Reactions: Taken

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no by Christian baptism
In the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit

Nothing about water in there.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The church is not the body. The body are all those who are born again of the Spirit.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You avoided my question. Here it is again. Do you honestly believe the thinly veiled threat that unless we are a member of the RCC that we do not belong to the Church, the Body of Christ?

what other church is there?
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16 refer to one true church!

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nothing about water in there.

“baptized” does not refer to water???????

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is not the body. The body are all those who are born again of the Spirit.

negate scripture again

Ephesians 1:22
And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Ephesians 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what other church is there?
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16 refer to one true church!

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

The one true church follows the Word of God. The RCC does not, so they lost their candlestick. But we still have the Word of God, so individuals who abide by the Word of God and do not waver are part of the one true Church. And "few there are that find it."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one true church follows the Word of God. The RCC does not, so they lost their candlestick. But we still have the Word of God, so individuals who abide by the Word of God and do not waver are part of the one true Church. And "few there are that find it."

the church wrote the Bible
The church says what is and what is not scripture
The church is the only authentic interpreter of scripture
The gates of hell DO NOT prevail matt 16:18