The Coming Great Apostasy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because I didn’t mention every aspect of the Assyrian no way implies I missed anything. I know some like to write college dissertations as posts on the forum.

But it seems to be clear in places like Isaiah that the reference to the future Antichrist is as “ the Assyrian”. And it seems to be clear that Satan will I dwell this guy, so “the Assyrian” referring to Satan is valid.

My undeclared point of course was, that one must be careful with some Scriptures about "the Assyrian", like that Isaiah 30 Scripture I posted, because it is not about the flesh king of Assyria of history. It is about Satan himself, with God only using the 'Assyrian' title to point to Satan. God did the same thing in Isaiah 14 with pointing to Satan using the titles of Pharaoh and the Assyrian. And He did it again in Ezekiel 28 with using the titles of the king and prince of Tyrus, and yet again in Ezekiel 31 with the Assyrian again.

Thus how does one really know the coming Antichrist has to be a flesh man, and not Satan himself? It is just as much an assumption that the coming "man of sin" will be a flesh man as it can be that he will be Satan himself. When the Revelation 11 through 13 Scripture about that false one is weighed along with the Matthew 24:23-26 and 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 events, it points more it being about Satan himself coming here on earth, than it does some flesh man just possessed by Satan.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The warnings Apostle Paul gave for the Church in 2 Thessalonians 2 aren't about women's rights issues, nor the variety of different denomination beliefs taught about 2 Thess.2. It's about Paul warning Christ's Church to not allow anyone to deceive us, and to know that before Jesus will return and gather His Church, that false one Paul points to must appear exalting himself as God in Jerusalem.

Irenaeus 125 - 202
“He shall sit in the Temple of God as if he were Christ, and leading astray those who worship him For when he is come, and of his own accord concentrates in his own person the apostasy, and accomplishes whatever he shall do according to his own will and choice, sitting also in the Temple of God so that his dupes may adore him as the Christ...”

The antichrist will deceive the Jews to such an extent that they will accept him as the messiah and worship him."

Ambrose 340 - 397
"Antichrist will attempt to prove from scripture that he is the Christ."

Cyril of Jerusalem 315 - 386 AD
"And after these shall arise antichrist and having by the signs and lying wonders of his magical deceit, beguiled the Jews as though he were the expected Christ, he shall afterwards characterize himself by all kinds of excesses of cruelty and lawlessness…and he shall perpetrate such things for 3 years and 6 months

This one shall seize the power of the Roman Empire and shall falsely style himself Christ. By the name Christ he shall deceive the Jews who are expecting the anointed and he shall seduce the Gentiles by his magical illusions."

Methodius of Olympus 250 - 311
"When the Son of Perdition appears, he will be of the tribe of Dan, according to the prophecy of Jacob. This enemy of religion will use a diabolic art to produce many false miracles, such as causing the blind to see, the lame to walk, and the deaf to hear. Those possessed with demons will be exorcised. He will deceive many and, if he could, as our Lord has said, even the faithful elect.

"Even the Antichrist will enter Jerusalem, where he will enthrone himself in the temple as a god (even though he will be an ordinary man of the tribe of Dan to which Judas Iscariot also belonged).

Except nothing posted confirmed the assertion that the man of sin is revealed and such **before** Yeshua gathers the redeemed. It does support the assertion that Jacob (Israel) becomes the focus. After all, Yeshua said in Hosea and affirmed in Matthew that He would not return until they acknowledge their rejection of Him and call out Psalms 118.... Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord. And the man of sin being revealed will occur before that.