The Coming Great Apostasy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the work of the Devil.

Truly it is, because it is a doctrine that will cause deceived brethren to fall into the "strong delusion" of 2 Thess.2. Our Heavenly Father forewarned us about the doctrine long ago, in Ezekiel 13, and apparently He put that warning there back in the OT prophet of Ezekiel for those of His that would actually study all of His Word.

Ezek 13:18-20
18 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of My people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?

19 And will ye pollute Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to My people that hear your lies?

20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.

KJV

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true Christian who speaks English calls him Jesus Christ.

Oh, using that same logic, what would I call a Russian who's name is Yuri? What about a Chinese person who's name is Quan?

You have serious issues that need to be addressed if it causes angst to see or hear the Messiah's real name in His earthly physical language.. Yeshua.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another is bastardising names that they love to tamper with and it's all to do with skewing just a bit or totally so as to lead all astray and rubbish names like creating deceptions like calling some people Messianic Jews and all the nonsense that is involved with that gibberish is laughable. but fools will swallow it.
Satan is the master of deceptions.

Thanks for giving us the example of your post to show us what that looks like.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, using that same logic, what would I call a Russian who's name is Yuri? What about a Chinese person who's name is Quan?

You have serious issues that need to be addressed if it causes angst to see or hear the Messiah's real name in His earthly physical language.. Yeshua.
Well in a English speaking Nation you do or should try and hope to make known what you are saying for all, so they understand clearly.
If one try's to used a word that is not English then it's open to doubt, is it not ? am I trying to deceive anyone in saying such as that ?

Look I know people who I call by their Danish name always, lets say I know it means John, but I do not call him John ? etc because everyone calls him by the name he uses, now there are other Danish names that can not be interpreted into English correctly as two can mean the same thing in English but they truly are not at all, so it's just been bastardised some what, with the interpretation.

You see when one uses the name Yeshua well then that could be the Jewish interpretation that is really talking about another Jesus, one that does not respect the one the true Christians are on about in fact and not some other to come ? as one maybe talking about the second coming in fact and that's open to debate as well, because it maybe another concept all together, than the one that true Christians abide in. so you see the concern that I have is not unfounded you know.

And not to mention that I know that English interpretation is not as good as Latin that the Catholic Church uses but if you do not understand Latin what is the point. English can be easy miss interpreted as it's just gibberish not worthy of God really. because you can say something and it can be mistaken and the words can be bastardised to mean one thing and another. but Latin can't be gibberish like that.

I know that you are just trying to skite with using words like Yeshua as I know it can lead the fools to think that some power is somehow in the word, Satanist used that type of deal, puffing themselves up with strange words.

The real name ? is that one truly fathoms that of what it is describing truly in depth and not just some gibberish word regardless.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that you are just trying to skite with using words like Yeshua as I know it can lead the fools to think that some power is somehow in the word, Satanist used that type of deal, puffing themselves up with strange words.

You are full of yourself. I am not trying to fool anyone. I just like the name Yeshua as it literally means Yahweh Saves or the Salvation of Yahweh. It makes more sense given:

Matthew 1:21 (NKJV) And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

The Greek which has been influenced by German and then Angliciized to the name "Jesus" does not convey that meaning as does the original name of Yeshua. And the OT also says that the Branch of David, the Messiah, would be called Yeshua, not the English Jesus. The translation in Zechariah 6:11-13 was to the English "Joshua", which is Yeshua or Y'hosua.

So if you want to get all literal about this, the why don't you call Him Joshua, which is the actual, literal English translation of Yeshua?

So for you to get your panties in a wad over this is telling. I really have no problem if anyone wants to use the Name Jesus. I know who they are talking about. I see no reason for them to chastise me for seeing the beauty in using His Hebrew/Aramaic Name of Yeshua.

I think you need to back up and take a breath and not get so worked up and seeing a boogie man behind every bush, spiritually. We are not robots in the body but individuals, each made in the image of Yahweh, with unique characteristics and skill sets we bring to the family. I believe you could in fact be accomplishing the will of the Evil One by making an issue of this and stirring division. I never made an issue of anyone using Jesus. It was you who stirred this up. You got so hyper literal that you have stumbled all over yourself and know not what you are talking about.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well in a English speaking Nation you do or should try and hope to make known what you are saying for all, so they understand clearly.
If one try's to used a word that is not English then it's open to doubt, is it not ? am I trying to deceive anyone in saying such as that ?

Look I know people who I call by their Danish name always, lets say I know it means John, but I do not call him John ? etc because everyone calls him by the name he uses, now there are other Danish names that can not be interpreted into English correctly as two can mean the same thing in English but they truly are not at all, so it's just been bastardised some what, with the interpretation.

You see when one uses the name Yeshua well then that could be the Jewish interpretation that is really talking about another Jesus, one that does not respect the one the true Christians are on about in fact and not some other to come ? as one maybe talking about the second coming in fact and that's open to debate as well, because it maybe another concept all together, than the one that true Christians abide in. so you see the concern that I have is not unfounded you know.

And not to mention that I know that English interpretation is not as good as Latin that the Catholic Church uses but if you do not understand Latin what is the point. English can be easy miss interpreted as it's just gibberish not worthy of God really. because you can say something and it can be mistaken and the words can be bastardised to mean one thing and another. but Latin can't be gibberish like that.

The real name ? is that one truly fathoms that of what it is describing truly in depth and not just some gibberish word regardless.

I wouldn't pay any attention to what he's saying Reggie, our Heavenly Father knows how we speak and hear. He hears those who speak in other languages other than the Bible languages, and He answers their prayers just as effectively as anyone else's.

Even when Apostle Paul was preaching to Gentiles in street Greek, he used terms from Greek philosophy (like Hades for hell) to describe the Biblical doctrines about hell from God's Word. He had to use those Greek terms simply because no other Greek words for the Hebrew meaning existed. Same with Iesous (Greek for Jesus).

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even when Apostle Paul was preaching to Gentiles in street Greek, he used terms from Greek philosophy (like Hades for hell) to describe the Biblical doctrines about hell from God's Word. He had to use those Greek terms simply because no other Greek words for the Hebrew meaning existed. Same with Iesous (Greek for Jesus).

Well, there is really no way we can know what name he used for the Messiah all the time. All we have is the writings, not the speeches in audio form. He wrote nothing in Hebrew in his letters, so it is presumptuous to assume he never used the name Yeshua in his talking with others. Especially when he was in Canaan and Damascus. He was, after all, one of the most learned Hebrew scholars of his day. Trained under Gamliel who is still to this day one of the most venerated sages in Jewish circles. He spoke to the crowd in Hebrew (Acts 21-22) at the Temple, though Luke recorded what he said in Greek. He did speak Greek to the Roman commander in this very same situation.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, there is really no way we can know what name he used for the Messiah all the time. All we have is the writings, not the speeches in audio form. He wrote nothing in Hebrew in his letters, so it is presumptuous to assume he never used the name Yeshua in his talking with others. Especially when he was in Canaan and Damascus. He was, after all, one of the most learned Hebrew scholars of his day. Trained under Gamliel who is still to this day one of the most venerated sages in Jewish circles. He spoke to the crowd in Hebrew (Acts 21-22) at the Temple, though Luke recorded what he said in Greek. He did speak Greek to the Roman commander in this very same situation.

Ancient Konine Greek was the language most often used to spread The Gospel to the nations in Paul's day, not Hebrew.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ancient Konine Greek was the language most often used to spread The Gospel to the nations in Paul's day, not Hebrew.

Indeed. But that does not mean that Paul spoke it exclusively. He was the apostle to the Gentiles whereas Peter, James, John were apostles to the Hebrews, both in and outslde of Canaan as agreed to by Paul and them in Galatians 2. There is some evidence that portions of the NT were originally written in Hebrew/Aramaic, and that was confirmed regarding the Gospel of Matthew per Papius and later Irenaeus. Even Origen stated the same in his writings. Quite likely the same can be said of Hebrews and James since those writings were specifically targeted to Hebrews.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. But that does not mean that Paul spoke it exclusively. He was the apostle to the Gentiles whereas Peter, James, John were apostles to the Hebrews, both in and outslde of Canaan as agreed to by Paul and them in Galatians 2. There is some evidence that portions of the NT were originally written in Hebrew/Aramaic, and that was confirmed regarding the Gospel of Matthew per Papius and later Irenaeus. Even Origen stated the same in his writings. Quite likely the same can be said of Hebrews and James since those writings were specifically targeted to Hebrews.

Really not interested in your argument there, since the Old Testament had been translated into the Greek back in the 2nd century B.C. which many of the Jews in Egypt used (called the Septuagint). The early Christians mostly used the Greek Septuagint, because of the Greek language having been so widespread. And that's the point, just because a writing is not in Hebrew does not mean it ain't The Word of God.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really not interested in your argument there, since the Old Testament had been translated into the Greek back in the 2nd century B.C. which many of the Jews in Egypt used (called the Septuagint). The early Christians mostly used the Greek Septuagint, because of the Greek language having been so widespread. And that's the point, just because a writing is not in Hebrew does not mean it ain't The Word of God.

But the German/English name "Jesus" was also not used in the Greek OT just like it wasn't used in the Greek NT. The translation to the Greek Iesous is literally the translation of the Hebrew Joshua/Y'hoshua/Yeshua. The Latin Vulgate also does not use "Jesus" but instead the translation is Iesu, which is also the literal for Joshua/Y'hoshua/Yeshua. There is no "J" in the Hebrew. J's being used in place of Y's is from the influence of the German Bible.

Still seems rather strange that you would have such an issue with this. That you would have such a fit with using the Messiah's Hebrew/Aramaic name. I assume you have no problem with using the literal Hebrew name of Adam, the name of the first man. Yet you have a cow over the use of the Messiah's Hebrew/Aramaic name. I think you might have some personal issues to deal with.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are full of yourself. I am not trying to fool anyone. I just like the name Yeshua as it literally means Yahweh Saves or the Salvation of Yahweh. It makes more sense given:

Matthew 1:21 (NKJV) And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

The Greek which has been influenced by German and then Angliciized to the name "Jesus" does not convey that meaning as does the original name of Yeshua. And the OT also says that the Branch of David, the Messiah, would be called Yeshua, not the English Jesus. The translation in Zechariah 6:11-13 was to the English "Joshua", which is Yeshua or Y'hosua.

So if you want to get all literal about this, the why don't you call Him Joshua, which is the actual, literal English translation of Yeshua?

So for you to get your panties in a wad over this is telling. I really have no problem if anyone wants to use the Name Jesus. I know who they are talking about. I see no reason for them to chastise me for seeing the beauty in using His Hebrew/Aramaic Name of Yeshua.

I think you need to back up and take a breath and not get so worked up and seeing a boogie man behind every bush, spiritually. We are not robots in the body but individuals, each made in the image of Yahweh, with unique characteristics and skill sets we bring to the family. I believe you could in fact be accomplishing the will of the Evil One by making an issue of this and stirring division. I never made an issue of anyone using Jesus. It was you who stirred this up. You got so hyper literal that you have stumbled all over yourself and know not what you are talking about.
I know what the word means you know, but I am on about how it can come across as, it's the twist that I am pointing to that such could be used to mislead one as to the real intention.

I even call a best mate Joshua as his middle name now for 39 years, more as a reverence thing.
His mum looked at me perplexed some what when she first heard me say it, he was not christened with the middle name of Joshua, I have dubbed him that. I only call him that in the correct context in referring to him as etc.

Another bloke I know I refer to him as Sir and then his first name, for good reason, because that is what he is to me and he is not my good friend and another is called Mr and then his Sir name, because that's who he is or office he holds as to me as a best friend, when used in the correct context, I don't call him that to himself but only to others in reverence to him and I never call him by his first name but a nick name or his second name in the correct context as to why.

But you dear Copperhead may be using the name Yeshua as a what ever, and that's what I ponder on as to why, as it could be a number of things, even disrespect for his Name as to what the true English speaking Christian perspective truly is. is it skiting or boasting some how maybe or just used in a deception way that troubles me. but if I were speaking face to face with you I would know, but I am not am I.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some believe that if you don't use the Hebrew name for The Father and The Son, that you're not really praying to the right God.

This idea comes from a system of Jewish occult mysticism called the Kabbalah.

The Kabbalah system claims to be the foundation structure behind God's creation of all things. They use a numerology system called Gematria for OT Scripture words. Each Hebrew character is assigned a number value. When the letters are put together to form a word, that word forms a certain value, and then points to a certain idea. This is really what the guy who wrote the Bible Codes junk used. Supposedly, through Gematria, one can convert the OT Scripture into this system and it will reveals the actual truths from the Scripture.

In reality though, the Kabbalah is an esoteric system designed to make the haughty fail. It's from the Canaanite crept in unawares who crept in among Judah long ago per Judges 2 & 3. God is not going to show anyone of this world His Divine secrets of His creation. No man warrants that. Even at the end of the Book of Job, God asked Job if he could know these things (Job 38).

Job 40:3-5
3 Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

4 Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer Thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.

5 Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.
KJV

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be going too far. I just like the name Yeshua. I like saying it, I like writing it, etc. That literally in the Hebrew it means exactly who the Messiah is.... the salvation of Yahweh. Just like the angel told Joseph. One could also use the name Immanuel as that is what He was when He was here..... Elohim/God with us. I deal with people all the time who use English name Jesus in talking about Him and it doesn't bother me in the least. I will join them in prayer and if they use the name "Jesus" it works for me also. And many who know me know that I have the preference for His Hebrew name Yeshua. They are not offended and do not make it an issue.

We are not a body of robots. We are each wonderfully formed in the image of the Lord, each with unique senses, desires, skills, gifts, likes/dislikes, etc. All of us are a magnificent tapestry that the Lord is weaving for His glory. And won't it be wonderful to see that tapestry laid out before the King! Hallelujah!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That would be going too far. I just like the name Yeshua. I like saying it, I like writing it, etc. That literally in the Hebrew it means exactly who the Messiah is.... the salvation of Yahweh. Just like the angel told Joseph. One could also use the name Immanuel as that is what He was when He was here..... Elohim/God with us. I deal with people all the time who use English name Jesus in talking about Him and it doesn't bother me in the least. I will join them in prayer and if they use the name "Jesus" it works for me also. And many who know me know that I have the preference for His Hebrew name Yeshua. They are not offended and do not make it an issue.

We are not a body of robots. We are each wonderfully formed in the image of the Lord, each with unique senses, desires, skills, gifts, likes/dislikes, etc. All of us are a magnificent tapestry that the Lord is weaving for His glory. And won't it be wonderful to see that tapestry laid out before the King! Hallelujah!
Sure ! I agree with all that, but the point I was making that some can use words to mean something other and not only that but also use many English words that are used that are off the mark, so that one thinks that they are on the same page but in fact it's truly is not.
The thing is that a priest could come out babbling X to the people but is that what he is truly representing in fact.
Now I have had a go that such priest and said why did you use such words, not to mention some other garbage that I find a insult to God.

Now just to touch on one point that I had words to the new young RC Priest, I said why did you claim that all of use were Awesome in the beginning of your show and for us to turn and say such to all around us, I seen that as a grave insult to God and us all. not to mention a lot of stupid things he came out with as well, for one like calling his position a Job to another that I heard him say and that was it. it's not a Job being a Priest mac it's a Vocation for crying out loud, if you think it's just a job pack your bags and go take a hike. not to mention that the only word where one should use the word awesome is as to God as only God is Awesome. but yes I know that he word has been bastardised nowadays to mean anything is awesome, like yo awesome wheels man !:rolleyes: but that's how the devil works over time people let it slide and the word is bastardised, so that the power of the word looses it's true meaning, so that the younger generation will on pick up on the gravity of what is truly being said in the Bible. you know words like wicked is another word that's been bastardised and I could go on and on with such things.

Immanuel (God with us) now this is something that many do not know sadly. so they do not get a true handle on who Jesus truly is. I come across many who don't have a clue that Jesus is God with us.
The two main things that any Christian should know is the words Emmanuel and Jesus and Christ truly do mean for a start.

I had a bloke claiming to be a Christian pointing out all the names for God to me, sadly he missed out on Emmanuel and got angered when I pointed it out, number one is Emmanuel for the Christian to know and then what he is all about for us, our Saviour and our Lord. old mate did not like that and is only just a indoctrinated person peddling a religious trip and only a dictating rat bag trying to stand over all. he sure as hell did not want to hear that word Emmanuel as he had a fit about it, because he was peddling a Talmud line of new age Christianity that has another Jesus and it's all about the 2ed coming only and the rapture is dribbled non stop and you must believe his new age corrupted pathetic version of it, or he will fly off the handle and try to kill you if he could.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a reference to "the Assyrian" who seems to be this character that is coming on the scene shortly. in Isaiah, it seems to be referenced that the Pharaoh who oppressed the Hebrews in Egypt was in fact "the Assyrian", Isaiah 52:4. And likewise, the one who will oppress them in the future will also be "the Assyrian".. Isaiah 10:24 and Isaiah 14:25. Micah 5:5-6 seems to allude to this same idea. There seems to be a tie in with Satan and this "the Assyrian" character. And it can be argued that Nimrod was the original "Assyrian" in that the land area is generally the same. And that the antichrist will be similar to a Nimrod is probably more right than wrong. Now, what one does with this is up to them. But it still remains an interesting tie in. I don't believe in coincidence.

You have missed how God used the "Assyrian" title in some Scriptures to point directly to Satan himself.

Isa 30:30-33
30 And the LORD shall cause His glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of His arm, with the indignation of His anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones.

31 For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.

32 And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of shaking will he fight with it.

33 For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; He hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.

KJV

Tophet is about the high places of human sacrifices at the valley of Hinnom, the idea our Lord Jesus used to describe the future lake of fire (KJV "hell" in some places in the NT is 'gehenna' which is from Hebrew about the valley of Hinnom).

Jer 7:31
31 And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.
KJV

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because I didn’t mention every aspect of the Assyrian no way implies I missed anything. I know some like to write college dissertations as posts on the forum.

But it seems to be clear in places like Isaiah that the reference to the future Antichrist is as “ the Assyrian”. And it seems to be clear that Satan will I dwell this guy, so “the Assyrian” referring to Satan is valid.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostasy of the churches seems to be well underway. I was on a "Christian" blog that permits commentary on their articles just yesterday. I innocently posted what I thought were Biblical resolutions to many of the theological problems which women can experience in evangelical churches. I was immediately attacked by a group of extreme "Christian feminists."

First, let me say that I was NOT supporting the "women should sit down and shut up" variety of theology that you will often find in very conservative churches--I merely said that the Bible supported the husband as being in authority over his wife and that she should submit to him, but with a warning that unless he treated her properly, his prayers would not be heard. I did NOT say that women should submit to all men in the churches (nor do I believe it) because I'm fairly certain that the passage which tells Christians to "obey" their leaders is a faulty translation and should be something like, "be open to the persuasion of your [godly] leaders".

Second, I believe that Paul did indeed employ a woman, Priscilla, to teach and exercise authority over Apollos (the text places her name before her husband's, indicating that she was in the lead when teaching Apollos). Paul did not tell Timothy that the Holy Spirit did not permit women to teach and have authority (i.e. correcting faulty understanding--the two are linked) over men--he said that HE (Paul) did not. By way of a possible explanation, Paul obviously did not need any more trouble with the Gentile authorities than he already had. From his letter to the Corinthians, you get the idea that some Gentile women were taking advantage of their new freedom in Christ and it was likely offending the men in the congregations. That was probably the case throughout the Gentile areas that Paul was entering to establish churches. What added to the trouble was likely that Gentile women (even high-born women) were not well-schooled in a knowledge of God (that would not have been the case in Jewish households of Paul's acquaintance) and their ignorance paired with stridency, was impeding the gospel message.

Third, I also tackled the line in 1 Timothy 2:15 where Paul insists that women will be "saved through child-bearing", if they continued in "faith, love, holiness and modesty" (a delicate way of referring to chastity?). I had to admit that this was a bit of a head-scratcher for me until I happened to read in a report on ancient medical practices, that women in Greece and Rome were often terrified to have children (they would often seek "pessaries" to end pregnancies, so great was their fear) because so many women died during childbirth or shortly after, by infection. Those with sexually-transmitted disease were even more at risk--much more than the average, chaste Jewish woman (which, again, Paul would have known before he encountered the wider Gentile world). There was apparently a great deal of STDs in both Greece and Rome because of all the sexual depravity throughout the Roman Empire (don't ask). There were a wide variety of nostrums marketed for venereal disease of one sort or another. The light bulb went on for me at that point. In the Jewish mind, "salvation" often referred to the preservation of one's mortal life. Paul may have merely been referring back to the previous line where he discussed the Fall of Adam and Eve and their subsequent punishment. For women, that meant difficulty and pain in child-bearing as their punishment. He may have been comforting the Gentile women that, if they led chaste lives, they would be helped and preserved through the perils of child-bearing.

These all seemed to be reasonable and civil points, and I was looking forward to discussion--but...the viciousness of the attacks from the "Christian feminists" took my breath away. I was told first that my opinions were not backed up by Scripture (they were as much as possible). I was told that I was betraying all women and that I had been "brainwashed" by evil men in my church. Then I was told that I was undoubtedly not even a woman--just an evil man trying to defend an evil doctrine! They began to coarsely joke between themselves that I was a trans-sexual! Then they began to tell me of their "horrible," "rights-denying" experiences in conservative churches. When I suggested that it was not helpful to them to be so bitter, I was told that they had every right to be bitter and to just stop posting. To top it off, the woman who owns the blog told me that my views were "antiquated and peculiar" and that she was putting me on "permanent moderation" and that I should take my opinions elsewhere. All of my posts defending my position were scrubbed and no further rebuttals have been posted. This seems crazy to me--what say you?

The warnings Apostle Paul gave for the Church in 2 Thessalonians 2 aren't about women's rights issues, nor the variety of different denomination beliefs taught about 2 Thess.2. It's about Paul warning Christ's Church to not allow anyone to deceive us, and to know that before Jesus will return and gather His Church, that false one Paul points to must appear exalting himself as God in Jerusalem.

Irenaeus 125 - 202
“He shall sit in the Temple of God as if he were Christ, and leading astray those who worship him For when he is come, and of his own accord concentrates in his own person the apostasy, and accomplishes whatever he shall do according to his own will and choice, sitting also in the Temple of God so that his dupes may adore him as the Christ...”

The antichrist will deceive the Jews to such an extent that they will accept him as the messiah and worship him."

Ambrose 340 - 397
"Antichrist will attempt to prove from scripture that he is the Christ."

Cyril of Jerusalem 315 - 386 AD
"And after these shall arise antichrist and having by the signs and lying wonders of his magical deceit, beguiled the Jews as though he were the expected Christ, he shall afterwards characterize himself by all kinds of excesses of cruelty and lawlessness…and he shall perpetrate such things for 3 years and 6 months

This one shall seize the power of the Roman Empire and shall falsely style himself Christ. By the name Christ he shall deceive the Jews who are expecting the anointed and he shall seduce the Gentiles by his magical illusions."

Methodius of Olympus 250 - 311
"When the Son of Perdition appears, he will be of the tribe of Dan, according to the prophecy of Jacob. This enemy of religion will use a diabolic art to produce many false miracles, such as causing the blind to see, the lame to walk, and the deaf to hear. Those possessed with demons will be exorcised. He will deceive many and, if he could, as our Lord has said, even the faithful elect.

"Even the Antichrist will enter Jerusalem, where he will enthrone himself in the temple as a god (even though he will be an ordinary man of the tribe of Dan to which Judas Iscariot also belonged).

Reactions: Philip James