The commison according to scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Commission .....( Mafia )

The Commission is the governing body of the American Mafia, formed in 1931. The Commission replaced the "Boss of all Bosses" title with a ruling committee consisting of the New York Five Families bosses ... Wikipedia

Membership (est.): only six families hold seats, but 15 other families are represented by two of the main families

Founding location: New York City, New York, United States

Founded by: Charles Luciano

Leader(s): Michael Mancuso, Carmine Persico, Frank Cali, Liborio Bellomo, Steven Crea and John DiFronzo

The Commission (mafia) - Wikipedia

j
funny :)

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the outpouring of the Holy Spirit didn't happen just once, but repeatedly in the book of acts and continues until Christ's return (however, those who won't believe and blaspheme Him will not receive Him.)

Yes, you're right, there is still an outpouring of the Holy Spirit and in my post I never said there wasn't.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the commandment God gave in the garden was and is a covenant, or didn't you know that? the ten commandments are a covenant, didn't you know that. God even called them a covenant. so where do you get the idea that commandment of the Lord God isn't a covenant which is a agreement?

out there in la la land again, there sa-ward? do you make this up as you go or do you sit up all night to thin k like this?

again you accuse "bad teacher" garbage, and it you that is working hard a teaching without knowledge and understanding, which makes them look like geniuses, compared to what you post.
Forget the garden whats that to us nothing. forget the ten commandement all things are new we have two commandments. No one said they were not commandment your arguing with your self,

How can a commandment be an agree ment do talk silly. If I trelll my kids to get to bed it not an agreement its a command, full stop. You dont get to pick and choose what you agree with that not a covanant lol.

I see you dont quote me or scripture. Learn how to quote and it will help your cause somewhat at least.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the outpouring of the Holy Spirit didn't happen just once, but repeatedly in the book of acts and continues until Christ's return (however, those who won't believe and blaspheme Him will not receive Him.)

Somewhere it is written, that Israel would be scattered into the Nations,to places that the Fathers never Heard Of, Like Oklahoma, and Kansas!!
Pentecost was the Early Rain, which falls from time to time to those that receive the gift, BUT! there is the Latter Rain that is Promised, Where God says that he will Pour Out His Spirit Upon all Flesh, When It Happens Embrace IT, for we have not seen the side affects as we read in the Book of the Acts of the Jewish Apostles!

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Somewhere it is written, that Israel would be scattered into the Nations,to places that the Fathers never Heard Of, Like Oklahoma, and Kansas!!
Pentecost was the Early Rain, which falls from time to time to those that receive the gift, BUT! there is the Latter Rain that is Promised, Where God says that he will Pour Out His Spirit Upon all Flesh, When It Happens Embrace IT, for we have not seen the side affects as we read in the Book of the Acts of the Jewish Apostles!
nice. of course this happens "to each in his order," meaning every seeker gets an outpouring at a certain point in their walk

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forget the garden whats that to us nothing. forget the ten commandement all things are new we have two commandments. No one said they were not commandment your arguing with your self,

How can a commandment be an agree ment do talk silly. If I trelll my kids to get to bed it not an agreement its a command, full stop. You dont get to pick and choose what you agree with that not a covanant lol.

I see you dont quote me or scripture. Learn how to quote and it will help your cause somewhat at least.

It is truly a sad state of affairs, The law of Moses is abolished, The Ten Commandments are Abolished, we don't live under the Law, we live by only two Commandments, YOU shall love the Lord your God, with all your heart, Soul and all your Being- 2- YOU shall love your neighbor as Yourself. So I don't live under any Law, even if it is a good one, and if I sin against my neighbor he or she has to forgive me, at least 70 times 70 for this is the Grace of God! I wish I could Agree, but if you keep one of the Commandments, you must keep them all!

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit has been given out continuously like a river from the throne room of God since the day of Pentecost to all who would believe and receive Christ by faith:
15. "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
16. "They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
17. "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18. "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19. "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
20. "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;
21. "that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
22. "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
23. "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. John 17:15-23

There may be some greater outpouring of the Holy Spirit just prior to Christ's return, but scripture is satisfied with the "latter rains" referring to the outpouring which began nearly 2000 years ago and continues to all that God quickens by His Spirit. (The Holy Spirit was not given to permanently indwell saints prior to the resurrection of our Lord, but the anointing of Priests, Prophets, and Kings with the Holy Spirit has been going on throughout history, with at least some of this anointing recorded by scripture.)

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The commision is not an agreement its a command. Its combined commands. if you have any way involved in any agreement. It would be that you on condiction of excepting Christ is to follow him and do as he done. pick up your cross. But salvation is not taught like that in most churches. It usually say this prayer and you in man. wow gonna be awsome.

If I was to lead someone to Christ I would warn them you know your gonna die to self yeah. and your laying it all down for Him.
But we were all told gonna be great man all ya gotta do is say the prayer man. wanna say it now huh? awsome man.

Then the disapointment comes and the person who lead the left them on the street to what ever. Get a church man find a church. Preferably one like ours. So sad.
You shouldn't be negative about it.
If the person gave his heart to Jesus, then he belongs to Jesus, not the person who gave the Good News.
If that person failed to follow through, God will send someone else.
He will not lose any that are his own.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a call to meet people's needs

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great commission is the directive or mission of the church from the mouth of God, to preach the gospel to all nations, to baptize believers in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and to make disciples of all men teaching them everywhere to obey all the things Jesus taught/teaches. This has been abused by some with forced "conversions" under duress, but typically only by those without understanding of the gospel.
The good works done by the Saints are not the commission but result from it and the sovereign hand of God preparing those works beforehand that we should walk in them.