The Covering Dynamic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 17:11-13 KJV
11) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12) But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13) Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

I'm just looking at His wording there. After John's death, Jesus said, Elijah shall come first and restore all things. He didn't say, for instance, Elijah was to come first, and came, and restored all things, or something like that. He said that he comes first and shall restore all things, a prophecy of something future, indicated in the future tense of the verb, as shown in the various translations.
You are funny. Even though I said I was done talking about this topic (twice), you are ignoring that and still want to talk about it. I can only laugh. I was going to just ignore your post since I've already explained this at least twice. But, you obviously didn't understand my point since you didn't even address it specifically.

I will try one (and only one) more time since I thought of something I could say this time that I didn't already say before.

This time let's include verses 9 and 10 to see the context of what Jesus was saying.

Matthew 17:9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead. 10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? 11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. 12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. 13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Notice the question that Jesus was responding to there. The disciples asked Him "Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?". Have you thought about why they asked Him that? They asked Him that because their understanding was that Elijah needed to come and prepare the way for Him first before He died and rose again, but it seemed to them that He didn't share their understanding (even though He did).

As I said before multiple times I believe in verse 11 Jesus was basically saying in response to their question: "Yes, you're right, Elijah is supposed to come first before the Son of man rises again from the dead. But, I'm telling you that he has come already and they didn't recognize him as being the Elijah to come, so they killed him." So, what Jesus said in verse 11 was not a new prophecy as you are claiming, but rather He was referring to the prophecy from Malachi that the disciples knew about that led them to ask Him their question. And then He explained to them how the prophecy had already been fulfilled in the person of John the Baptist.

It even says that the disciples understood that he spoke of John the Baptist. So, that means that is who Jesus was talking about. So, if you think John the Baptist didn't do what the prophecy said he would do, does that mean you think John the Baptist will come again to finish the job? You can't think it will be Elijah himself because that would contradict Jesus saying that the Elijah to come was John the Baptist.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is already dead too, but we can still enter into the Kingdom of God by grace through faith IF we believe. The same is true of John-the-Baptist, all who heard him and believed the Gospel he proclaimed were baptized of him, confessing their sins. Isaiah also writes of one who would come to prepare the way of the Lord, and quoted in the New Testament as John-the-Baptist, the forerunner of Christ. It's not a future prophesy of Elijah to come, but on-going prophesy that is written for all who repent and believe the message John-the-Baptist, in the Spirit and power of Elijah preached.

Isaiah 40:3 (KJV) The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Mark 1:2-3 (KJV)
As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Mark 1:4-5 (KJV) John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins
Agree. This doesn't look to me as though John the Baptist failed to fully accomplish everything that he, as the Elijah to come from the prophecy in Malachi, was supposed to do.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said before multiple times I believe in verse 11 Jesus was basically saying in response to their question: "Yes, you're right, Elijah is supposed to come first before the Son of man rises again from the dead.
Compare your words here which speak your understanding, to Jesus' words there. You are using different verb tenses from what Jesus used.

Jesus said Elijah comes and shall restore all things. You are saying Elijah did come, and restored all things. These are different, and I pay attention to things like this.

I think you are right though, we can put this to rest.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus divides the nations like a shepherd divides the sheep from the goats. He welcomes the sheep into His kingdom based on the fact that they did the right works concerning Jesus' brothers.
Why would the sheep not represent the elect/chosen? They inherit "eternal life" (Matt 25:46) in "the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (Matt 25:34). Is that not what the elect/chosen of God will inherit? I believe it is since I believe all who belong to Christ are His sheep and His elect.

The sheep cannot be accounted as the group "Jesus' brothers", because who they are is determined by their actions towards others, not themselves, specifically Jesus' brothers therefore, Jesus' brothers, as referenced in this passage, are not the sheep.
I don't agree with your logic here. If this was the case then why doesn't it say where His brothers were placed? He only said that the people will be separated into two groups, not three.

Also, what will happen to His brothers if they are not part of the sheep? It's particularly talking about "the least of these" of His brothers, to be clear. The most needy among them. Why would Jesus neglect to mention what will happen to them? I don't believe He would. I believe they are among the sheep, but are the "least of these" among them. I don't believe there is any basis for placing them into a separate group entirely.

Jesus Himself said "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad." (Matthew 12:30). So, from His perspective all people were either with Him or against Him. He only looked at people as being in two groups. Why would Matthew 25:31-46 be any different?

And of course that two gatherings are named.
Yes, only two groups. Not three. You are putting some people into another group, but Jesus did not. He said all people will be gathered before the throne. That would include the least of these His brothers. And then it says all of the people will be separated into two groups. Not three.

These sheep and goats, they are determined righteous or not based on their works. Those who are "in Christ" are specifically not. We are righteous because we've received Christ's righteousness. Personal works of righteousness towards salvation are eschewed by Paul throughout his letters.
I disagree that those who are in Christ aren't there. They are the sheep. Are you forgetting about these passages:

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

2 Corinthians 5:9 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

How is what Paul said here any different than what is portrayed in Matthew 25:31-46? In each case people are being judged "according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad".

I believe what you're not understanding here is that Matthew 25:31-46 is not portraying a judgment where salvation is rewarded for works. That is NEVER the case. Is that what you think that passage is about? That can never be true.

Matthew 25:31-46 is clearly about salvation since it indicates that the sheep/righteous inherit "eternal life" at that point (Matt 25:46). So, what gives here? Why does it, on the surface, give the impression that people are being rewarded with salvation and eternal life based on their works? That is because our works reflect our faith. The sheep are not being rewarded specifically for their works, but rather for the faith that their works reflected.

You can read about the relationship between faith and works in James 2 where James said faith without works is dead (James 2:20) and we are not justified by faith alone but rather by faith and works (James 2:24). Why did James say that? Was he contradicting the scriptures that say we are not saved by works (Eph 2:8-9)? No. He said that because true faith will result in the good works that God has prepared for us to do.

The good works don't come before salvation and are not what saves us, they come as a result of salvation, as can be seen in Ephesians 2:8-10. If we truly have faith we will follow Christ and serve Him. If we're not doing anything to obey Him and serve Him, then what kind of faith is that? It's not faith at all. It's dead. That is what is being illustrated in Matthew 25:31-46. It's no different than what Jesus said in John 15 where He said if you are not bearing fruit you will be cut off from the vine (Him). Even the demons believe and shudder. Jesus is looking for people to follow Him, not just believe in Him while doing whatever they want without caring if they serve and obey Him or not.

Yet these are judged righteous based on their works.

If the Church - that is specifically, those who are "In Christ" were part of this gathering, the declaration of righteousness based on works would be wholely out of place. If those "in Christ" were a part of the gathering of the elect, then from where come the sheep?
Again, the sheep are "in Christ". I addressed the rest of this already above.

I take it just as Jesus prophesied, in the normal terminology of the day. "Elect" wouldn't be used of gentile Christians for 30 years or so, when Paul was writing his letters. And we don't take a later usage of the word by someone else to determine what an earlier speaker meant. We should - what I think - go by the normal customary meaning of the language at the time it was said. In other words, the Historical Grammatical Hermeneutic.

And when Jesus spoke of the Chosen, and the Nations, there's not a doubt in my mind what this meant at that time, to those people.
I don't believe it makes any sense to think we should go by whatever they may have thought He was saying at the time. We should go by what He knew regardless of what they may have thought. Do you not believe that they didn't understand some of the things He said at the time and only understood them later? I do.

Take the following, for example:

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Do you think they understood at the time that Jesus was talking about Gentile believers when He referred to His "other sheep"? I'm pretty sure they did not. And I feel sure that Jesus knew they would not understand what He was saying at that time. But, He said it, anyway, because He knew they would understand later. Especially considering that the Gentiles being made one body and fellowheirs with the Jews (Ephesians 2:11-3:6) was not meant to be revealed yet at that point.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree with your logic here. If this was the case then why doesn't it say where His brothers were placed? He only said that the people will be separated into two groups, not three.
Jesus' brothers, the Jews, God's chosen nation, are gathered when Jesus comes in power and glory. The nations are then gathered and judged according to how they treated Jesus' brothers, the Jews.

And so all Israel shall be saved . . . and the nations will be judged.

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compare your words here which speak your understanding, to Jesus' words there. You are using different verb tenses from what Jesus used.

Jesus said Elijah comes and shall restore all things. You are saying Elijah did come, and restored all things. These are different, and I pay attention to things like this.
I just have to say one last thing about this since one thing you're saying here is definitely not true. You're saying that I'm saying Elijah did come as if it's just me saying that? No, Jesus said that and I just agree with it.

Matthew 17:12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

Matthew 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

Reactions: rwb

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, only two groups. Not three. You are putting some people into another group, but Jesus did not. He said all people will be gathered before the throne. That would include the least of these His brothers. And then it says all of the people will be separated into two groups. Not three.
There are two gatherings, one of the chosen, the Jews, being regathered to their land. And there are the nations, the gentiles, gathered and separated into 2 groups, neither of which are the Jews.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just have to say one last thing about this since one thing you're saying here is definitely not true. You're saying that I'm saying Elijah did come as if it's just me saying that? No, Jesus said that and I just agree with it.
No. I'm saying Jesus made two statements, one being that he already came, and they did what they wanted, killed him. The other, that he was still to come, and would actually restore all things. I hold that both are true. And in much the same way as Jesus' coming to earth, then, and in the future. People at that time couldn't understand how Messiah would come and suffer and die, while also coming to rule, in glory.

Much love!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' brothers, the Jews, God's chosen nation, are gathered when Jesus comes in power and glory. The nations are then gathered and judged according to how they treated Jesus' brothers, the Jews.

And so all Israel shall be saved . . . and the nations will be judged.
Can you try actually addressing my points specifically instead of just responding with your own beliefs? We could easily just go back and forth telling each other what we believe without addressing what the other person is saying, but that's not how I prefer to have a discussion.

Anyway, even though you didn't address what I said specifically at all, I will still address what you said here specifically.

Are you forgetting who Jesus Himself said are His brothers? He didn't say it was the Jews. Were the Pharisees and scribes, who were Jews, His brothers? Not a chance. Just read Matthew 23 and you'll see that He did not consider them His brothers.

This is who Jesus Himself said are His brothers:

Matthew 12:46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

With the way you seem to approach scripture I would not be surprised if you read this passage and said "See, it's the Jews who are His brothers because He said the disciples were His brothers and they were Jews!". But, that would require ignoring verse 50. Jesus said that "whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.". So, He wasn't just saying that His disciples were His brothers, but "whosoever shall do the will of my Father". And the will of His father was for people to believe in His Son so that they could have eternal life (John 6:40). That includes you and me.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra and rwb

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"See, it's the Jews who are His brothers because He said the disciples were His brothers and they were Jews!".
It's a mistake to put words into my mouth.

I think we need to simplify this discussion.

You've said I'm not addressing your comments. Can you ask me a succinct and specific question concerning what you would like addressed?

Much love!

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a mistake to put words into my mouth.
Take it easy. I didn't say that you said that, I was saying it was something I could see you saying based on how you approach scripture.

I think we need to simplify this discussion.

You've said I'm not addressing your comments. Can you ask me a succint and specific question concerning what you would like addressed?
I will have to go back and find that post that you didn't respond to specifically at all first and then I'll let you know. In the meantime could you address what I said about who Jesus's brothers are in post #209 (the post you replied to here)?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 39:25-29 KJV
25) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26) After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27) When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28) Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29) Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Joel 3:1-2 KJV
1) For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
2) I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Ezekiel 36:24 KJV
For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

Isaiah 11:11-12 KJV
11) And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
12) And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

The gathering of Israel to the Promised Land, prophesied in the OT.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take it easy. I didn't say that you said that, I was saying it was something I could see you saying based on how you approach scripture.
That's something someone else might say. Oh, and you take it easy also! :)

And again, there's no need to ascribe some emotionalism.

You might be able to see me saying that, but I can't. It's a matter of your opinion of me, instead of just discussing Scripture. I think we're spending way too much time talking about me, and it's making this drag on.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 14:16-21 KJV
16) And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17) And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18) And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19) This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
20) In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD'S house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
21) Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

The nations will come to Jerusalem, in Israel, a kingdom of priests, to worship God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 27:12-13 KJV
12) And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and ye shall be gathered one by one, O ye children of Israel.
13) And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.

Jeremiah 16:14-15 KJV
14) Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
15) But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.
Jeremiah 23:6-8 KJV
6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
7) Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
8) But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

Much love!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I resemble that remark; so which of The ( almost 100 } Scriptures I used in my own study are:

Made Up and "not taught in Scriptures anywhere"?:
I'm saying your beliefs aren't taught in scripture. I'm not denying the existence of the scriptures that you think support your beliefs.

God's Great GRACE Departure!

The implication being that "studying and believing God's Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided"
for His Approval is:

"a terrible belief system"?

Amen.
No, that is not what I was implying at all. I obviously disagree that the pre-trib dispensationalist belief system rightly divides God's Word. And I was saying what you quoted in relation to someone talking about a supposed Gentile church even though there is no such thing as the Gentile church. There is one church and it is made up of Jew and Gentile believers. The pre-trib dispensationalist belief system divides Jews from Gentiles even though the NT repeatedly teaches that Jew and Gentile believers have been brought together as "one body" and "fellowheirs" by the blood of Christ. I find that to be terrible and won't apologize for saying so.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 30:1-10 KJV
1) And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
2) And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
3) That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.
4) If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:
5) And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
6) And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
7) And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.
8) And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.
9) And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers:
10) If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

Deuteronomy 4:27-31 KJV
27) And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you.
28) And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.
29) But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
30) When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
31) (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 59:19-21 KJV
19) So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
20) And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
21) As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

Jeremiah 31:31-40 KJV
31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
35) Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37) Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
38) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.

39) And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.
40) And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will have to go back and find that post that you didn't respond to specifically at all first and then I'll let you know. In the meantime could you address what I said about who Jesus's brothers are in post #209 (the post you replied to here)?
Matthew 12:46-50 KJV
46) While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
47) Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48) But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49) And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50) For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matthew 25:40 KJV
40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Context and attention to detail give us some information.

Are they my mother and brother and sister? No, here is who I count my mother and brother and sister, those who do the will of My Father.

As much as you've done it to the least of these My brothers . . . wait, doesn't He care about His mother and sister? Or is this a different context?

Who would it be that is present that He is speaking of? His mother and brothers were outside the house He was in. And the Jews had been regathered as promised, from among whom Jesus was born. These are our two contexts.

Much love!