The Cross 4

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. - John 12:24.

Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die: One of the most powerful statements Jesus ever makes. Talking about his own death burial and resurrection!

But we have to revisit that statement now that we are in him. Reckoning! You may have that same feeling Jesus went through, Jesus knew he would die; alone. That death is complete. But you're death in him will have to be reckoned. In mind; we reckon his death.. is our death. You are not dieing to sin, he did. We must reckon that death as our death. That can be a very lonely place. It is a natural feeling when that death is reckoned in you to see his death as your death. That was you on that cross - all in Adam!

We are taught; Jesus died for our sin. True statement! But you must reckon that death as your death - you have to see yourself in Adam, you were in Adam (as a Adamite) in Christ on the cross. Jesus' crucified Adam. All in Adam, dead in Christ..on the cross.

For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: - 2 Corinthians 5:14.

I remember searching this scripture and asking the Lord, how do I die. I knew there had to be a death. Was I to die to something, or somehow bring about death in myself. The Holy Spirit began a process in me to teach me. I had plenty of world knowledge, and religious knowledge in me, and it would take him sometime to teach me - The cross is my death - all in Adam dead as Jesus when he died we died.

I was still doing things to try to crucify myself. That death I tryed to live.. would only last so long and then I would have to crucify myself again. Just could never quite get it all crucified. Not until I finally saw 'his death is our death.' I reckoned his death to be our death.

How did Paul say I no longer live.. but Christ lives in me." He saw the death of Jesus on the cross as the death of all in Adam. Crucified in Christ on the cross.

The statement; "there is a principle in God - He gets life out of death! is found in this verse. Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die..