The Crucified Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that like Christ we present ourselves to death and we allow, as in baptism, others to bury us. The work attached to the death of the old man for us is in the presentation, for God in the execution.
I may have prematurely 'liked' or agreed with the entirety of what you said. What do you mean "we allow, as in baptism, others to bury us". ?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hmm...what is it that we practice? In other words, what are the trials designed to exercise? Isn't it trust?

And keep in mind where I am currently! Its a given that I am not as far as many.

I see it like big breaths and little breaths. A big breath is going in and out of the Spirit over long periods of time. Then there are the little breaths...the little things, like revelations, or miracles in the moment. Like when you feel a peace of the Lord come over you.

So we give thanks for everything from God.

But the big breaths can be years in the making. A person can walk in the Spirit (without sinning) for years at a time (as I did once) before a lack of maturity puts an end to that segment in the training of the high calling in Christ.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it like big breaths and little breaths. A big breath is going in and out of the Spirit over long periods of time. Then there are the little breaths...the little things, like revelations, or miracles in the moment. Like when you feel a peace of the Lord come over you.

So we give thanks for everything from God.

But the big breaths can be years in the making. A person can walk in the Spirit (without sinning) for years at a time (as I did once) before a lack of maturity puts an end to that segment in the training of the high calling in Christ.

I wonder if maybe you think what was put to an end was more...being plunged back into the fire to be purged some more. Being assailed by even more light than you were previously bathed in, and so you can't see.

It's when a good thing seems to have been taken from us and we think it is our fault, that God is working in us to bring us something better. Preparing us to bear even more of the weight of His glory.

When He is purging, we seem to have lost a lot, but in actuality, MORE light is assaulting us but what imperfections remain in us hide that light from us.

It's like how the sunlight can temporarily blind us. Our eyes are receiving a lot of light, but it appears as darkness because our eyes are not strong enough to take in all that light.

When He sees fit to take something from us, we have to trust Him that He is going to replace it with something better. We have to be willing to leave where we were, and not desire to return there, no matter how wonderful it was, when He takes us somewhere else that seems like a loss of light.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't desire to be where He previously had you. Desire to be where He currently has you. Of course you know He is always doing what is the very best for you.

B

brakelite

I may have prematurely 'liked' or agreed with the entirety of what you said. What do you mean "we allow, as in baptism, others to bury us". ?
Ro 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
When we are baptised, do we lower ourselves into the water, or do we allow others to lower and lift us again? I see baptism as an expression of our surrendering to that death to self that brought us the new birth.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember Job, epi, all His blessings were taken from him, yes, but they were returned to him AND he knew God even better than he had!

Reactions: Episkopos

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ro 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
When we are baptised, do we lower ourselves into the water, or do we allow others to lower and lift us again? I see baptism as an expression of our surrendering to that death to self that brought us the new birth.
Thanks. I was a little slow on the uptake>asked to be baptized 3 x (lake, pool, bathtub) before I heard in my spirit...My Lord and my God!
Misunderstood you. I was thinking of presently experiencing the cross and wondered where 'buried' fit in that scenario.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BL, I think being baptized with the Holy Spirit is not being crucified. It is being baptized into His death FOR the power TO pick up our cross and follow Him to our own death.

I received the Holy Spirit and was not crucified or dead yet. Dead men don't assert themselves or demand anything. They are silent.

Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the second morning in a row that I have been so happy to talk with you guys, and the second morning in a row that He kept us hidden for a time, to talk freely with each other! I almost wish I never had to leave you guys!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HAHAJA! OH HAHAHA!

When I posted it I wondered if I would justsound like farouk or if anyone would get it. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I almost get...jealous when I read this. He has never given me instruction like that. I think its because...I don't know why. He has me in a place where He gives me no instruction like that, even if I plead and ask what I should do or what decision I should make, and I think it's to make me get firm in trust that He is guiding my steps even if I can't see that He is...

Hi SBG,

It's posts like this that cause my heart to go out towards you. You remain in my prayers.

Much love!
Mark

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I'm getting picky here. I think you've skipped some...step? So I'm getting picky for whoever might be there currently.

Those times when we are close to Him don't just turn into: we then begin acting as Him. At first, we just begin to see that we ARENT acting like Him. But when He gives us to see this, we get very hungry for righteousness in our selves, in our heart. We become very hungry and dissatisfied.

But this is a gift and an extreme amount of grace! Where before we couldn't see our true self, we begin to see it now.

There is danger in going the wrong way here for some amount of time. The wrong way is to simply resolve to do better and be better. That's the mistake of the foolish galatians, trying to finish by our strength and resolve what was begun in the Spirit.

The correct response is to experience that hunger and thirst for righteousness when we see what we lack and to say: oh Lord, have mercy on me, please help me!

" At first, we just begin to see that we ARENT acting like Him. "
Yes! that is (IMHO) The Holy Spirit working in us! And, sometimes I think it can be hard to take as He shines His light into our darkness. We find all kinds of sins (Again, IMHO) that we never even considered AS sin, B.C.

The Spirit convicts the world of sin, so saith the word ;) And, when we start to notice the things we thought of no consequence, or we thought not as "sin" - I look at this as The Holy Spirit working in us.
"He who began a good work in you, is faithful...";)

"That's the mistake of the foolish galatians, trying to finish by our strength and resolve what was begun in the Spirit."
(Bold mine) Yep, how impossible is that ?!! :rolleyes:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't desire to be where He previously had you. Desire to be where He currently has you. Of course you know He is always doing what is the very best for you.

It's like being shown what it is you're going after. How did Paul know what was the high calling in Christ? God had shown Him and let him try it on for size.

If I hadn't walked where I did (In Zion) I wouldn't know the truth of what we are called to in Christ. I would just have my own standard and interpretation based on a speculation as so many of my opposers have.

But I know what I am going after. I am going back there. And the Lord promised that I would. :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I get that. (I don't mean I've had that experience. I mean, I've had encouragements from Him that I had to leave, though not as spectacular as yours). I remember hearing you talk about one a few years ago that was amazing, about the light you saw bathing everything.)

So I understand wanting to return there.

My thought (my attempt to encourage you as you have me) was that...I get the feeling after listening to you over these 6 years or more? that...there is a regret in you, as if you did something to stop it, to halt these blessings, and in one sense that's true, but its not something we can stop from happening - God is going to make us even purer, with or without our consent. And when He is going after a man in a second phase, that man is to be pitied above all other men. His imperfections won't even be noticeable to other men, but in that second phase (for lack of any better words), God is going after imperfections that are in the spirit and that even the man he is operating on can't see. These aren't spots or wrinkles that are gross that any human eye could see them. They are imperceptible to any eye but Gods eye. And as painful or long as his previous "operations" have been, this one is longer and more painful to bear. Maybe for the fact that he has been pure enough to get so much closer to God than most men ever do in this life, and then finds himself plunged into the darkness of more of Gods operations.

Maybe you just won't be able to understand the way I am explaining it. But you have to give up wanting to get back there to get back there. You have to give up even that desire and desire only to be where you are now ,in trust. You have to desire to be wherever He has you right now, because you have to give up even what is most precious to you, the most precious thing you've ever known (your personal Isaac.)

I'm going to stop there. I get the impression that you don't like what I've said and won't like this last any more. It probably doesn't help that I'm a woman and you don't think women should teach men! o_O But I've come to know you and I know you still love me and will forgive me. :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I get that. (I don't mean I've had that experience. I mean, I've had encouragements from Him that I had to leave, though not as spectacular as yours). I remember hearing you talk about one a few years ago that was amazing, about the light you saw bathing everything.)

So I understand wanting to return there.

My thought (my attempt to encourage you as you have me) was that...I get the feeling after listening to you over these 6 years or more? that...there is a regret in you, as if you did something to stop it, to halt these blessings, and in one sense that's true, but its not something we can stop from happening - God is going to make us even purer, with or without our consent. And when He is going after a man in a second phase, that man is to be pitied above all other men. His imperfections won't even be noticeable to other men, but in that second phase (for lack of any better words), God is going after imperfections that are in the spirit and that even the man he is operating on can't see. These aren't spots or wrinkles that are gross that any human eye could see them. They are imperceptible to any eye but Gods eye. And as painful or long as his previous "operations" have been, this one is longer and more painful to bear. Maybe for the fact that he has been pure enough to get so much closer to God than most men ever do in this life, and then finds himself plunged into the darkness of more of Gods operations.

Maybe you just won't be able to understand the way I am explaining it. But you have to give up wanting to get back there to get back there. You have to give up even that desire and desire only to be where you are now ,in trust. You have to desire to be wherever He has you right now, because you have to give up even what is most precious to you, the most precious thing you've ever known (your personal Isaac.)

I'm going to stop there. I get the impression that you don't like what I've said and won't like this last any more. It probably doesn't help that I'm a woman and you don't think women should teach men! o_O But I've come to know you and I know you still love me and will forgive me. :)

LOL I love you sister as you know...you are special one to me. :D

I was busy yesterday as I am on most Thursdays (studio day) so I missed the dynamic. I was tired last night and went to bed early.

But I'm rested now! :)

I appreciate your thoughts and concern, I do.

I know that failure is the best teacher. We have to come to our dead end before God can take us to the next level. I remember you saying that ...we fail or get rejected...but come back stronger.

God has dealt HARD with me. But never beyond what I can learn to handle. I have learned so much through His training. I'm still learning to be obedient in it. I have explained it like shooting a target at a certain distance and getting used to that...then God moves the target back another 100 metres...only to have to learn to be more precise.

A moving target...righteousness.

But God has let me devote my whole time and being on His training and His ministry. So I am very blessed indeed....but with trials.

Peace to you

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a special one to me too epi.

I was like someone in front of a door and no matter how hard I tried to go through that door, there was a board nailed up and barricading it that I couldn't see. The day I met you, it was as if you said, oh here, let me help, and lifted your foot and kicked the barricade down, turned the knob and opened the door and said: after you.

B

brakelite

I almost get...jealous when I read this. He has never given me instruction like that. I think its because...I don't know why. He has me in a place where He gives me no instruction like that, even if I plead and ask what I should do or what decision I should make, and I think it's to make me get firm in trust that He is guiding my steps even if I can't see that He is...
I know where you live...and I know your name.
…and I know you. Your name is engraved on the palms of My hands.
I know the names of your parents, your children, your brothers and sisters, your friends, your neighbors, your work colleagues, and your classmates.
I know when you go out, for I am by your side. I know when you come home; I am there waiting.
I share your joys, your sorrows, I understand your troubles, your fears, your confusion.
When you are threatened, abused, and neglected, I feel the pain, I experience the loneliness. When you get hurt, I flinch.
I understand when you feel like giving up. When you want to give it all away. When the only options open to you are to throw crockery at the wall, bricks at the neighbours windows, or shoot arrows at anything or nothing in particular. When you would do anything just to be free from the suffering, the pain, then it is that time when I love you the most. I know that crawl space inside your head where you retreat to when life gets too much. Then is the time I would gather you as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings. Then is the time I would surround you with My love and compassion. Then is the time to come to Me, and I will put My arms around you and hug you and comfort you.
I love nothing more than to be involved in your world. I know everything there is to know about you, and there is nothing you can do, neglect, think, or say, that will stop Me from loving you. My entire being is focused on seeing you through your troubles, on being your closest friend, confidante, and companion, all to the express purpose of bringing you home with Me when I come.
I will see you through your time of trial. Every one of your tears leaves it’s stain upon My cheek. Every cry you utter I echo before My Father. And together, we will see you through to the other end.
Do not fear. Do not worry. I have been where you are. I have felt what you are feeling. I have experienced the injustice, the abuse, the slander, the pain, the suffering and even the death you fear.
But I now live, and My life is now focused on ensuring that you also shall live with Me. So do not be afraid. Be strong. Be of good cheer. I am bigger than your greatest fear. I am your Maker, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, and there is nothing I will with-hold from you that is to your good.
Make Me your hope, your trust, your fortress. I will not fail you.