The Curtain is Coming Down Again.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Message to me today from a family member in China. (City and names withheld by me)

===============

Hi there, In my last update I described some startling signs of the continuing strangulation of freedoms both in China generally and here in (City name) in particular. I ended by asking for prayer as (wife) and I discussed what the implications of this creeping control would be for us.
After a tortuous week-long Easter break, in which I spent most of the time prayerfully considering our situation, (wife) and I eventually came to the conclusion - on April 5th - that after 13 years being based in China, we should strategically relocate to the UK.
We intend to return there sometime in July. I will give you details about all that we hope and expect to be moving into in my next update, next weekend.

While the worsening security situation here in China is only one of many factors that led us to this difficult decision it is proving to be an increasingly significant one. Leading up to the Easter break, our school director appeared to be in a state of near paranoia.
Our innocuous Monday morning staff small group prayer meetings were suddenly ended, and some Easter activities organised by elementary teachers were cancelled at the last minute. Further events over the last seven days have made it crystal clear that our decision to leave China now is definitely the right one. We really were hearing God’s voice accurately.

Last Monday, we heard rumours - later confirmed by our director - that two smaller schools very near our school were being shut down by the police. One is an A.C.E. (Accelerated Christian Education) school, which, as you would expect by the name, is very much centred around the Christian faith.
The other school also employs foreign Christian teachers. Then a few days later, I heard (now confirmed) that police had unexpectedly turned up at some foreigners’ apartments in another part of ( City) and closely searched through their belongings, especially their books, which the police reportedly went through with a fine-tooth comb. The closing of schools and searching of foreigners’ apartments is unheard of in City.

The vindication of our decision to leave City culminated two days ago in a special Friday after-school meeting. Our director informed us all that she would be letting go of eight locally-hired foreign staff, adding that if I and some others had not already decided to leave, we would have been let go as well.

I suspect that the motivation for her letting these staff go is somewhere between fear/paranoia and government pressure. To a far greater degree, staff hired directly from the USA limit their ministry to what they can do within the context of teaching and school life (and what they can do is being severely restricted).
In contrast, locally-hired foreign staff and/or their spouses tend to have other ministry work going on. With the government cracking down, it’s quite possible that they have warned our director that she will be held accountable should any staff member or their spouse be found to be doing any outside religious activity.
As you know, I do ministry in Russia. Some of those being let go have spouses who have been deeply involved in ministry locally or nationally. For example, a Taiwanese staff member being let go has been much involved with her husband in leading a local house church. This church has just been shut down.

So, it’s definitely time for us to go. We are so glad that our going is our own decision, and that we are not just moving away, but moving on, to good, new things. More about that next time.

Please pray for us as face the big, costly, and faith-stretching shift of our base from here to the UK.
====================

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the only reason our churches do not experience this is bc they are already dead, i guess

I agree.
But China and the communist world are still very obviously afraid of something that "we" deem to be already dead.
The True Church , the unseen church...( not the mockery which calls it'self Church)....is still alive and well.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the only reason our churches do not experience this is bc they are already dead, i guess

Ignorant statement...as usual.

Churches in the West, and those affected by the West do not yet experience this because they established a political system that was based on Christianity. China and other countries like her are not based on Christianity and so can turn on the Christians at any time.

As the West becomes less Christian, and the political systems no longer operate on the Christian principles, then you will see it happen more and more in the West.

But, don't try and do anything about it. Just love everybody.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ignorant statement...as usual.

Churches in the West, and those affected by the West do not yet experience this because they established a political system that was based on Christianity. China and other countries like her are not based on Christianity and so can turn on the Christians at any time.

As the West becomes less Christian, and the political systems no longer operate on the Christian principles, then you will see it happen more and more in the West.

But, don't try and do anything about it. Just love everybody.

Stranger
i guess if you have left the world, that all becomes irrelevant anyway right

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well one thing we can do is pray for those of our brothers and sisters behind the closing curtain , that very soon may have to pray and read scripture behind closed doors and in closets...just like last time..
...our turn is coming , and coming quite speedily I think.

But as @bbyrd009 says...if our life is hid with Christ in God..it won't touch us..as His Kingdom is within...we are an inward living people of the Spirit.
The flesh is handy to walk around in, but it profits nothing...

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The flesh is handy to walk around in, but it profits nothing
A life changing lesson for those who draw so close to the Lord that they begin to comprehend this....Far too many who take it upon themselves to be teachers or alike, come from a place of the flesh, and sadly the flesh is easily excited, so often goes along......Learning from Him to lay down our opinions, our ways of doing things, our ways of reasoning, our own understanding and so on is certainly not easy, and if we let it , it can bruise our egos....I have found in my own walk however that when He has had to correct me or show me something i was doing which wasn't right, He always did it in such an open, gentle and supportive way, that it wasn't hard to be thankful for being shown where I was wrong......And believe me, before He came along, I did not like being told I was wrong, I could accept it, but I didn't like it, it was often humiliating....But never once has He made me feel that way, or even the least bit belittled...We really could learn so much from Him if we were truly willing ( as I know you are aware Helen), still to this day though, I do know that I spend far too much time on things which is NOT spending time with Him, and I do get a bit annoyed at myself for this, because I really would like to learn more, and that takes spending that time with Him...Life got so fast and so filled with distractions and I truly believe I must take a 'Jesus Hiatus' soon lol and do nothing but give my time to and with Him...:)

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why?

Stranger
Why does it become irrelevant? Well, it is what is passing away.
Churches in the West, and those affected by the West do not yet experience this because they established a political system that was based on Christianity.
yes, because our Scriptural example of a Theocracy turned out so well, right?

I'd like to believe that this is also true, was also what was going on, but we have abundant examples here on this forum of your generation's firm belief in the cult of Sol Invictus, if your statements here were not enough. Billy Graham might be a holdout, i notice that he did not dwell on "death, more abundantly" much...but this belief system preceded your generation by a hundred years at least i guess anyway, what seems perfectly natural to you to call "Christianity" now. My mom is sure that Paul said "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" too.

So you can believe that our churches have not experienced any attacks because they are so righteous if you like, but it doesn't seem to fit with reality very well imo. i understand the rules changed on you ok, that's what happens in the world; and luckily God doesn't care about your stated doctrine, but your real doctrine, mode of living, what Paul meant when he said "doctrine." And luckily we have always been generous, etc, even pulling for the underdog in our displays of the Hegelian Dialectic (go team).

but it should be obvious that a people who all seek literal death to be with Jesus tomorrow rather than ego-death to be with Jesus today are not going to be caring too much about today right. Or if they are, it will be the way you accuse me of not doing, not engaging with the world; the earth is strictly an afterthought iow. The world even becomes the earth, as many here would testify to i guess

so, disconnected from today in any way that matters, to the point that many "believers" even confidently state that it's ok to trash the planet bc "Jesus will make us a new one."

You want to make the world a better place, right.
seems like a really noble pursuit, huh
i even respect you for this, fwiw

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The flesh is handy to walk around in, but it profits nothing...
ok, acting from the flesh profits nothing; but all of the benefits of "Life, more abundantly" accrue to the flesh, albeit from the spirit.
That is just written in such a way so as to be easily mis-quotable, and so seen and not seen.

whenever you hear some tassel-toes say "the flesh profits nothing," imo this should be a warning sign, and when you quiz them and they cannot or do not clarify this, see what you will see. Bc "the flesh" should be profiting up the wazoo ok, pressed down, shaken together, and running over.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well one thing we can do is pray for those of our brothers and sisters behind the closing curtain , that very soon may have to pray and read scripture behind closed doors and in closets...just like last time..
...our turn is coming , and coming quite speedily I think.
I wouldn't worry too much ok, satan has made Scripture spiritually unavailable to us by incorporating it into our national/political beliefs, so we're safe from that, what you fear. Our government hands out Bibles with a confident smirk now.

As soon as you can accept that the Western World is a "Christian" concept, you can have all the Bible you want, see
heck, Unca Sam will even accommodate that with a little financial arrangement lol

Reactions: amadeus and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't worry too much ok, satan has made Scripture spiritually unavailable to us by incorporating it into our national/political beliefs, so we're safe from that, what you fear. Our government hands out Bibles with a confident smirk now.

As soon as you can accept that the Western World is a "Christian" concept, you can have all the Bible you want, see
heck, Unca Sam will even accommodate that with a little financial arrangement lol

So on the mark and true...you must have had your breakfast this morning....;)..such a keen mind

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So on the mark and true...you must have had your breakfast this morning....;)..such a keen mind
just standing on giant's shoulders, none of this is hidden, right? i hear we're less than ten years away from needing 100% of GDP to service the debt (funny how that lines up with "4 generations" counting from the first year of Boomers, huh? 1946 + 80 years = 2026)...the point being that the truth will only become more apparent than it already is, and it will be hard even for a Boomer to blame anyone else for this i guess

unfortunately we prolly envision this knowledge maybe like predicating some national self-reflection or something, but that is not what people who detest forgiveness do

Reactions: amadeus

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just standing on giant's shoulders, none of this is hidden, right? i hear we're less than ten years away from needing 100% of GDP to service the debt (funny how that lines up with "4 generations" counting from the first year of Boomers, huh? 1946 + 80 years = 2026)...the point being that the truth will only become more apparent than it already is, and it will be hard even for a Boomer to blame anyone else for this i guess

unfortunately we prolly envision this knowledge maybe like predicating some national self-reflection or something, but that is not what people who detest forgiveness do

a sign of a true believer is the daily..sometimes monthly for me...of Christ's return...I hope for it...it is part of my life...
..you KNOW that the economics is the trigger for a world major upheaval..I too agree with this thinking....
Time is short my friend...keep the faith as Christ would want us to have....

APAK

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The difference of knowing and feeling His constant presence...and actually being face to face...
face to face with a spirit? I suggest that our perceptions are being manipulated with that v fwiw. We are encouraged to imagine that we might see God or Christ with our two eyes, or iow to believe that we should expect a miracle, right. A visible miracle

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
face to face with a spirit? I suggest that our perceptions are being manipulated with that v fwiw. We are encouraged to imagine that we might see God or Christ with our two eyes, or iow to believe that we should expect a miracle, right. A visible miracle

So, are you saying that after this earthy walk/test...we do not actually live in His presence...
We will not be earthly flesh then...maybe tangible spirit as Jesus was after the resurrection.
If " flesh and blood cannot inherit" we wont be flesh and blood, obviously.

I know you can't stand to think about life when we are no longer flesh and blood..but humour me okay.