The cycle of abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see the same things and have concerned myself much about it before, but some time ago God reminded me of what Jesus said here:

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

If someone is really properly hungry and thirsty God is the one who will fill them whether it is direct or through you or me or through some talking donkey. As Apostle Paul wrote: God gives the increase. When God determines that an increase is due, what man through his ignorance or foolishness is able to stop it?

Jesus said to Peter and also to us: "...Feed my lambs... Feed my sheep... Feed my sheep" [John 21:15-17]

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:6-7

There are many lazy people going to churches regularly sitting in the pews and they can misdirect people as can preachers without the anointing of God, but will that stop the promise that Jesus made in Matt 5:6?

Yes. We are responsible for giving the truth in love. God is responsible for the results.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I had this friend once who told me that at this point of our knowledge, the powers to be had planet crackers. Bombs that can crack the core of the planet, wow! Why would they ever come in handy?

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Oh, I got over that a long time ago. I will always open up, regardless. How could I not when I have such a desire most days to find even one person who I could connect with?
Yeah, why do chicks say to their boyfriends in an argument "Don't you know how I feel?"

How? If we're not connected.

Other people say "I'm on your wave length"

And, I've got the strangest vibes from that person.

Again how? If we are not connected.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Reality is not what it seems, that's because reality is a system of counter measures. Not a subjective concept of how we think of nature.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange...I've never said that in an argument...

I always assume there's no way anyone can know how I feel unless I tell them.

What I hate is people not just coming out with it. My mom does that and its exhausting. Its some game where she gives all these weird clues that I'm supposed to figure out. I can feel the tension, but I never know WHY there's tension. I'm supposed to figure it out. I never can of course.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Strange...I've never said that in an argument...

I always assume there's no way anyone can know how I feel unless I tell them.

What I hate is people not just coming out with it. My mom does that and its exhausting. Its some game where she gives all these weird clues that I'm supposed to figure out. I can feel the tension, but I never know WHY there's tension. I'm supposed to figure it out. I never can of course.
Basically its just bioelectrical fields that we generate, you pick up that stuff when people project their emotions on you.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that she is a sweet lady. Weren't we all excited when she arrived and we heard her speak? Didn't we all thank God for sending her to us? And who couldn't see that you and Helen absolutely beamed over her? :)

Well I don't know about "beamed"...lol. Maybe Helen, yes...as she has known her for many years, I have grown to like her allot. She is easy going and keeps it simple and peaceful...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Going to go watch a Jay-sus movie. See you later, JJ. Been nice talking to you numbskull. :p not many people out there who will talk to a Smurf like me.