The cycle of abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh He teaches us so well and lets us see! And the result is such fear mingled with such joy! Where two or more are gathered, I am in the midst.

Reactions: Dave L

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
indeed. Someone will ask what the Great Deception is today, saw it somewhere around here...

Do you look for an event in the future? I ask because I get what you are saying about Today. But also would be interested in your thoughts on the temple God is growing into the fullness of a perfect man as a whole with Christ as the Head, a habitation He said for God. Has He already filled this temple with His glory or do we wait for an event of fullness to dwell there in? 2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Again, only want your thoughts there...

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm finding that reflecting on our baptism ritual kind of makes the point for many believers, the...more seeking ones anyway, seems like; what died that day, when you came up out of the water?Who died? Bc there is no Testament without a death, right.

“Who died? Bc there is no Testament without a death, right.”

Deserves repeating @bbyrd009

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Do you look for an event in the future? I ask because I get what you are saying about Today. But also would be interested in your thoughts on the temple God is growing into the fullness of a perfect man as a whole with Christ as the Head, a habitation He said for God. Has He already filled this temple with His glory or do we wait for an event of fullness to dwell there in?
are You Him, or do we look for another?
Imo the event in the "future" is after you are baptized--really tho I mean, in the real water, the spiritual "water;" other people in this case, the "river"--and then leaving for another town flat broke no spares begins to make some sense maybe. Basically the complete opposite of being help up like a rock star and having ersatz prophecies proclaimed over you before a little celebration and right back to your old life. Count the cost for real iow.

So in this mode, the...events in the future that you infer start happening today, pretty much w/o our help I think. Once we learn to get out of the way at least? Ya, this "looking in the future" thing would totally be me getting in the way imo...I think we even have a name for that um behavior? That most Believers prolly wouldn't appreciate being called? Lol.

If someone is mixing Christ up with something that He still needs to do tomorrow after it is finished and all of the other plain Scripture, no one has ever gone up to heaven etc, then I guess by definition they have chosen to read the obv much more alliterative meet Him in the clouds literally, instead--for an example; your v there might be another--and so imo the answer that is even contained there in your v will not be realized; the temple--us, the "perfect man"--will be hindered from "growing," and

this "perfect man" will be relegated to the future, after Jesus "Returns" and does...something, or we literally die, and go...somewhere, only the something and the somewhere aren't matching up lol, we can maybe get a case down for one of them but it whacks the other one out; to believe one--always seems to be based on a literal reading of a quite alliterative passage, too--you def must ignore some other quite literal-sounding Scripture, or reason it away as alliterative somehow, so seems like you gotta take the poetry literally and the literal stuff as poetry, like that, and this is then deemed the way that wisdom is revealed to little children. But imo you will never walk on water that way.

We do not yet know what we will become

but we sure wish we did I guess huh.
Ppl wanna know what will happen in the "future" so bad that they will even pay money to other people to guess for them lol, I mean that is pretty strong evidence I guess.

So imo go get baptized and see how much thinking about the future you are doing then, lol,
you're most likely gonna be wishing the future wasn't coming at you quite so fast i guess

if you aren't used to being out of a comfort zone and tend to fall into ruts, all that might even just be a way to counteract that tendency, I dunno. But imo the ego-deflation (at first; that changes later) of being on the road broke in a strange town is hard to maybe appreciate or even copy.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Love? Love rejoices when the truth is spoken.

Isaiah 53:10-11 KJV
[10] Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. [11] He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Tecarta BibleWho did they tell you crusified the Christ?
Such a searching passage; good in a service, combined with singing 'When I survey the wond'rous Cross'.

Reactions: Waiting on him