The cycle of abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What Joyce Meyer's father did to her as a child is pale in comparison to what her teaching does to people today. She has millions of mind's in her hands, young and old alike. The way I see it, is that she is up on the pulpit claiming she talks on the behalf of the Almighty God. She's a true blue believer, and she's gonna get your mind set straight with God.

How is she not abusing people with her theology, that's what I wonder. I used to watch her religiously (You know what I mean) but after some time she ended up like a snake oil salesmen.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Let the blind lead the blind starts to make sense after her huh. Not sure why she hasn't followed ol' Kenneth in publishing Her Own Bible yet myself. My mom would prolly pay $100 for one. Long as it was wrapped in black cow flesh anyway.

Um, that mouth, though? Is everyone just blind?
Oh, lol

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Oh yeah, and those books she cranks out by the truck load. How many books and CDs does she need to invent? I think she even has the Joycey translation or something. Come on guys, we have to stop her now. Before she starts slapping people over and singing off key like Benny Hinn.

Reactions: bbyrd009

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Let the blind lead the blind starts to make sense after her huh. Not sure why she hasn't followed ol' Kenneth in publishing Her Own Bible yet myself. My mom would prolly pay $100 for one. Long as it was wrapped in black cow flesh anyway.

Um, that mouth, though? Is everyone just blind?
Oh, lol
I totally synced up with one of your comments in my last post.

Wonder twin powers active! In the form of synchronisation.

D

Dave L

What Joyce Meyer's father did to her as a child is pale in comparison to what her teaching does to people today. She has millions of mind's in her hands, young and old alike. The way I see it, is that she is up on the pulpit claiming she talks on the behalf of the Almighty God. She's a true blue believer, and she's gonna get your mind set straight with God.

How is she not abusing people with her theology, that's what I wonder. I used to watch her religiously (You know what I mean) but after some time she ended up like a snake oil salesmen.
I witnessed a Word of Faith preacher kill over 100 people through false teaching. "It's a jungle out there".

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I'll tell you a little secret, I used to scream at my television when Benny Hinn came on. I just wanted help for my own faith you know. But Benny Hinn just made me mad, real mad. Because he'd be, well I'm sure you can understand why anyone would be mad at him.

D

Dave L

I'll tell you a little secret, I used to scream at my television when Benny Hinn came on. I just wanted help for my own faith you know. But Benny Hinn just made me mad, real mad. Because he'd be, well I'm sure you can understand why anyone would be mad at him.
Pentecostalism is a recent invention far removed from historic Christianity. And it has highly questionable characters at its roots. It's the last place I look for solid teaching.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Pentecostalism is a recent invention far removed from historic Christianity. And it has highly questionable characters at its roots. It's the last place I look for solid teaching.
ah, this is maybe what I meant to ask @amadeus, if he knew of any Pent type leanings in Germany pre Hitler

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte
D

Dave L

ah, this is maybe what I meant to ask @amadeus, if he knew of any Pent type leanings in Germany pre Hitler
If you trace it's roots, it developed in the early 1900s in Kansas and LA. Seedy characters and all. I don't know if it spread to Germany by Hitler's time but it covers the globe today.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Oh yeah, and those books she cranks out by the truck load. How many books and CDs does she need to invent? I think she even has the Joycey translation or something. Come on guys, we have to stop her now. Before she starts slapping people over and singing off key like Benny Hinn.
I'm beginning to get why the early (as in "real") Christians were deemed atheists now, I think

Reactions: Dave L

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you trace it's roots, it developed in the early 1900s in Kansas and LA. Seedy characters and all. I don't know if it spread to Germany by Hitler's time but it covers the globe today.
I guess theirs would have been called something else, I'm basically looking for the same qualities, which I kind of hesitate to list here due to my bias now.

An unbiased list of their qualities might help, not sure where to get one though, wikiwand maybe
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Pentecostalism

D

Dave L

I guess theirs would have been called something else, I'm basically looking for the same qualities, which I kind of hesitate to list here due to my bias now.

An unbiased list of their qualities might help, not sure where to get one though, wikiwand maybe
They are essentially Wesley Methodists with an added belief that the first century spiritual gifts passed out by the apostles are still valid to day. But if you study the original gifts, the "gifts" today are only "knock-offs", like a $3 Rolex when compared to the originals.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
They are essentially Wesley Methodists with an added belief that the first century spiritual gifts passed out by the apostles are still valid to day. But if you study the original gifts, the "gifts" today are only "knock-offs", like a $3 Rolex when compared to the originals.
Well, gotta give them an A for effort I guess, I learned a lot in Pentecostalism myself.
Found healing even, although that was post-Pent. But they got me started on that path.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Bind the masses, and they will do anything you tell them.

D

Dave L

Bind the masses, and they will do anything you tell them.
Many people need something tangible to believe in. Faith alone won't cut it. So they depend on external stimuli that seems to be in an abundance in those circles.

Reactions: farouk
B

Butterfly

He use to have that affect on me - cannot stand the guy , not sure about Joyce Meyer though- I don't listen to her anymore but use to and some of what she said actually did make sense, but maybe that's because there was abuse in my past and I understood the mind games it created within me. So I am not going to throw everything out with regards to her.
Rita