The cycle of abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Very good.

Hopefully a made-up story by man and no woman done this. If true, God didn’t ask no such thing but this is what happens when the literal interpretations are pushed when God said His words are Spirit, they are life.

Ezekiel 24:10-13
[10] Heap on wood, kindle the fire, consume the flesh, and spice it well, and let the bones be burned. [11] Then set it empty upon the coals thereof, that the brass of it may be hot, and may burn, and that the filthiness of it may be molten in it, that the scum of it may be consumed. [12] She hath wearied herself with lies, and her great scum went not forth out of her: her scum shall be in the fire. [13] In thy filthiness is lewdness: because I have purged thee, and thou wast not purged, thou shalt not be purged from thy filthiness any more, till I have caused my fury to rest upon thee.

^consider the above. No doubt, this you may say, validates what you already think of God...as those in the Revelation of Jesus Christ who will not repent no matter what. Like the woman who stuck her hand boiling water till it melted, the literal has you stuck in ...the literal. Above “kindle the fire” “consume the flesh” ...is good and not evil. Jesus Christ said He came to kindle a fire. “She has wearied herself with lies” ...”thou shalt not be purged from thy filthiness any more, till I have caused my fury to rest upon thee.” Is Good and not evil. Here is not a literal ‘her’ but God working for ‘her’ good.

Ezekiel 24:3 tells you that it is an "illustration".

Reactions: Waiting on him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"You can lead a horse to water..."

I know a lot of people who like to watch cute animal videos on Youtube to get a lift. Others find their "happy place" when watching cooking shows. Still others like to step back into a more peaceful time watching historical re-enactment videos. One that I recommend to everyone is "The Townsends," hosted by Jonathan Townsend (the son of the founder of the company). Townsends sells authentic reproductions of all kinds of late 18th and early 19th-century costumes, outdoor tools and cooking implements to historical re-enactment sites. They then go there and film the "re-enactors" in their roles. Fascinating and soothing. God is in control.
Do you like re-enactments? Civil War and Revolutionary War Re-enactments are especially popular.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 24:3 tells you that it is an "illustration".

John 16:22-25
[22] And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. [23] And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. [24] Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. [25] These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

When is that time that cometh?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[22] And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. [23] And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. [24] Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. [25] These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

That’ll be the day when there’s no more flesh to hinder

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’ll be the day when there’s no more flesh to hinder

Ephesians 4:13-14
[13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: [14] That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

...hereforth be no more children, tossed to and fro...

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ephesians 4:13-14
[13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: [14] That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

...hereforth be no more children, tossed to and fro...
We can make progress by the Word, by grace, indeed...though in this life we won't see perfection.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you like re-enactments? Civil War and Revolutionary War Re-enactments are especially popular.

Historical re-enactments have taken off from simple war re-enactments. As part of the "Living History" movement, there are re-enactors employed by colonial Williamsburg; Mt. Vernon; Whitehall Historic Site (in Richmond Virginia); St. Augustine, Florida; Old Salem Village (North Carolina); Black Creek Pioneer Village, (Toronto); Connor Prairie (Fishers, Indiana); Locust Grove (Louisville, Kentucky) etc. (and virtually every state in the union, plus foreign countries as well). It is a great way to teach children how their ancestors lived (and maybe engender a bit of gratitude in them that their lives are not anywhere close to being as difficult). This is one of my favorite Youtube sites (The Townsends) for videos filmed at historic sites--very soothing way to unwind from our frenetic culture: Townsends

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Historical re-enactments have taken off from simple war re-enactments. As part of the "Living History" movement, there are re-enactors employed by colonial Williamsburg; Mt. Vernon; Whitehall Historic Site (in Richmond Virginia); St. Augustine, Florida; Old Salem Village (North Carolina); Black Creek Pioneer Village, (Toronto); Connor Prairie (Fishers, Indiana); etc. (and virtually every state in the union, plus foreign countries as well). It is a great way to teach children how their ancestors lived (and maybe engender a bit of gratitude in them that their lives are not anywhere close to being as difficult). This is one of my favorite Youtube sites (The Townsends) for videos filmed at historic sites--very soothing way to unwind from our frenetic culture: Townsends
I pulled up the link; thanks.

I have been to Black Creek with my wife.

So are you part of any re-enactment team, or would like to be one day?

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Historical re-enactments have taken off from simple war re-enactments. As part of the "Living History" movement, there are re-enactors employed by colonial Williamsburg; Mt. Vernon; Whitehall Historic Site (in Richmond Virginia); St. Augustine, Florida; Old Salem Village (North Carolina); Black Creek Pioneer Village, (Toronto); Connor Prairie (Fishers, Indiana);Locust Grove (Louisville, Kentucky) etc. (and virtually every state in the union, plus foreign countries as well). It is a great way to teach children how their ancestors lived (and maybe engender a bit of gratitude in them that their lives are not anywhere close to being as difficult). This is one of my favorite Youtube sites (The Townsends) for videos filmed at historic sites--very soothing way to unwind from our frenetic culture: Townsends
I’m about 30 minutes from old Salem

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

"When the full number of the Gentiles" has come into the Church.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I pulled up the link; thanks.

I have been to Black Creek with my wife.

So are you part of any re-enactment team, or would like to be one day?
They have re-enactments of the forties over here with people from the re-enactment societies and members of the public dressing in the style of that era and staying in character all day. It started during the celebrations of the end of WW2 and used to be called the War Weekend but now just forties although there are still plenty of uniforms around. The was one guy used to dress up as an SS officer and people used to boo him and it was so funny when I saw him eating an ice cream.