The cycle of abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
They have re-enactments of the forties over here with people from the re-enactment societies and members of the public dressing in the style of that era and staying in character all day. It started during the celebrations of the end of WW2 and used to be called the War Weekend but now just forties although there are still plenty of uniforms around. The was one guy used to dress up as an SS officer and people used to boo him and it was so funny when I saw him eating an ice cream.
Must be a lot of fun...You British are not so straight-laced after all...

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I pulled up the link; thanks.

I have been to Black Creek with my wife.

So are you part of any re-enactment team, or would like to be one day?

No--but it looks like a lot of fun and very rewarding to be teaching "living history". One of my favorites of the Townsend's video series is the one done at Mt. Vernon with a "slave" woman. She is wonderfully articulate in describing what life was like for slaves on the Mt. Vernon estate. Tears come to your eyes as she discusses their privations and suffering. I forget the re-enactor's name at the moment but she is a wonderful actress who gets a lot of criticism leveled at her from the African-American community for her portrayal ("...why would you cooperate with whitey..."). She simply says that it is part of the history of African-Americans and that they should be proud that many African-Americans have risen well above the days of slavery (and Jim Crow).

Another favorite is the one done at (if I recall correctly) Connor Prairie with a woman who runs the dairy there. She describes and illustrates how she makes butter and very firmly says that men are not permitted to be in her dairy. She explains that, because they are usually dirty from working, it would not be permitted that they would contaminate her dairy! ;)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve got to go fix some air conditioning, I’ll have to catch up later. Who knows Maybe God will provide some fertile ground?