The cycle of abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would I know such thing's stunnedbydesire. What I do know is that I really know nothing of the more and more.

I agree. The more I come to know God, the more I become aware of the less and less I know. It sounds crazy, but it's true. It's like...He empties me...in order to fill me. But what He fills me with is not what I expected.

The first time I read St John of the Cross, I was puzzled at one of his pictures and writings. He kept saying the way TO God was to know nothing, to desire nothing, to be nothing. It took me years to understand it. The picture and words were in...Ascent To Mt. Carmel.

Reactions: bbyrd009

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I agree. The more I come to know God, the more I become aware of the less and less I know. It sounds crazy, but it's true. It's like...He empties me...in order to fill me. But what He fills me with is not what I expected.

The first time I read St John of the Cross, I was puzzled at one of his pictures and writings. He kept saying the way TO God was to know nothing, to desire nothing, to be nothing. It took me years to understand it. The picture and words were in...Ascent To Mt. Carmel.
Ah the holy spirit.

There one day, gone the next. If I ever run into my holy spirit, I'll just melt.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah the holy spirit.

There one day, gone the next. If I ever run into my holy spirit, I'll just melt.

Funny you should say that - there one day, gone the next - because the first book I read by John is about that. At least the first part of the book is about it. How He disappears to our senses.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it's kind of crazy because I looked and looked for a man to tell me what the heck was going on with me, but I found no such man. Then, I did find him, though he's been gone from earth for centuries. Its too weird!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sometimes I wish you’d not be so vague. It’s like I have to work for everything?
Ah, I apologize, with answers I'm not so great I guess. I tried to be as clear as possible there, I became a soul, I do not have a soul.

But I guess what happens after we have literally died is not going to change based upon anyone's beliefs anyway, right? No matter how many scribes change faith to belief, I don't think a judgement for beliefs can be manufactured, except possibly from the one parable, and even then youd have to go LALALA at a lot of other Scripture I think.

But fwiw I'm finding that reflecting on our baptism ritual kind of makes the point for many believers, the...more seeking ones anyway, seems like; what died that day, when you came up out of the water?Who died? Bc there is no Testament without a death, right.

Of course we all start with "Jesus died," and we take that and our New Standing and our ego star to a little celebration at Lubys or whatever, a dirge is sung and we do not mourn, all you gotta do is think back and try to recall any ego-diminishing going on at all then? In my experience it was all ego-building stuff, which of course after a lifetime of being neglected and basically ignored I was starved for, so I just took their word that something had just died, even though no one could tell me what and everyone looked kind of uncomfortable whenever I asked

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow Bbyrd...now I find myself wishing I could write and explain like YOU.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have made sad (taken away hope) from those I didn't want to be sad and you have cried peace to those you shouldn't have.

That's my paraphrase. I can't seem to find the verse.

D

Dave L

You have made sad (taken away hope) from those I didn't want to be sad and you have cried peace to those you shouldn't have.

That's my paraphrase. I can't seem to find the verse.
“Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life: Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.” (Ezekiel 13:22–23) ????

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life: Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.” (Ezekiel 13:22–23) ????

Yes, ezekiel 13, thank you Dave!

It chills you to the bone to read it. You see it is repeating and that in deceiving, men deceive themselves ALSO, and they don't even know it.

Reactions: Dave L

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its like when the prophet went to them and said, you have cheated God, they were incredulous and said, WHAT?? What are you talking about?? HOW have we cheated God??

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its like when the prophet went to them and said, you have cheated God, they were incredulous and said, WHAT?? What are you talking about?? HOW have we cheated God??

And then I remember the prophet said, you have cheated Him by bringing blind sacrifices to the altar...should I be pleased with that?

D

Dave L

And then I remember the prophet said, you have cheated Him by bringing blind sacrifices to the altar...should I be pleased with that?
“And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? And if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? Offer it now unto thy governor; Will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the Lord of hosts.” (Malachi 1:8)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Going on memory there, might have it not exactly right. But in spirit, it is right.

D

Dave L

Going on memory there, might have it not exactly right. But in spirit, it is right.
“Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! And ye have snuffed at it, saith the Lord of hosts; And ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; Thus ye brought an offering: Should I accept this of your hand? saith the Lord.” (Malachi 1:13)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I delight in your law! I am filled with fear for my people, but I delight in your law. Show me your law, give me understanding.