THE DAUGHTERS OF MEN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted verses.
Commentaries by CoreIssue

I never said it was a salvation issue.

There were no scriptures posted that proved tens of thousands of years past from Adam creation until his fall into sin.The scriptures are silent on how much time past. I'm not going to agree with imperfect man's speculation. You and other can disagree all you want that's your right. Doesn't mean I'm going to agree with you. I don't follow men I follow God. His Son Jesus Christ said, "it is written", when he was defending the scriptures. I think we all would do well by following what is written not what isn't written.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were no scriptures posted that proved tens of thousands of years past from Adam creation until his fall into sin.The scriptures are silent on how much time past. I'm not going to agree with imperfect man's speculation. You and other can disagree all you want that's your right. Doesn't mean I'm going to agree with you. I don't follow men I follow God. His Son Jesus Christ said, "it is written", when he was defending the scriptures. I think we all would do well by following what is written not what isn't written.

You don't agree. Up to you.

But neither can you prove I am wrong.

Neither is it said you have to take part in this conversation. So do not.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There were no scriptures posted that proved tens of thousands of years past from Adam creation until his fall into sin.The scriptures are silent on how much time past.
I guess they are, huh, that is a good point.

So we need to determine for a working theory at least When Did Time Start I guess.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When did time start? Of course physically the argument is already over, we know roughly the time, but we are debating with those who have reason to doubt this "proof." Yet they are nonetheless determinists and will demand/have some kind o proof...disregarding that the physicist's number is an admitted theory, what ppl who seek truth for a living rely on. Hmm.

Anyway so far I guess we have
time started 6000 years ago
time started when Adam ate from the tree
time started at the Big Bang, +- 36 gajillion years ago
right? any others?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When did time start? Of course physically the argument is already over, we know roughly the time, but we are debating with those who have reason to doubt this "proof." Yet they are nonetheless determinists and will demand/have some kind o proof...disregarding that the physicist's number is an admitted theory, what ppl who seek truth for a living rely on. Hmm.

Anyway so far I guess we have
time started 6000 years ago
time started when Adam ate from the tree
time started at the Big Bang, +- 36 gajillion years ago
right? any others?
um, do we even know what time really is?

Time in physics is defined by its measurement: time is what a clock reads. In classical, non-relativistic physics it is a scalar quantity and, like length, mass, and charge, is usually described as a fundamental quantity.

hmm, a fundamental quantity that clocks reveal as variable
well that helps huh lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but i'm pretty sure going to an immortal Adam and Eve is overstretching

they'd have to be sterile, right,
can't populate a planet with immortal children obv

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess they are, huh, that is a good point.

So we need to determine for a working theory at least When Did Time Start I guess.

The scriptures show that Adam was 130 years old when his son Seth was born. Nowhere in those scriptures does it say from the time Of Adams fall into sin and the birth of Seth Adam was 130 years old. If tens of thousands of years past between the time of Adams creation and Adams fall why are the scriptures silent on the matter, why is Adam silent on the matter? Since the scriptures say that Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born I can't take that any other way except that Adam was 130 years old from the time Adam was created til Seth was born. We have no scriptures that state or even imply anything else. Those who disagree are not disagreeing because they have scriptural proof that says anything different. It's just spectulation.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't agree. Up to you.

But neither can you prove I am wrong.

Neither is it said you have to take part in this conversation. So do not.

The scriptures prove you wrong. I challenge you to show the scriptures that are written down that prove that tens of thousands of years past from the time Adam was created until his fall into sin. You will find none. As I said the scriptures are silent on the matter.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't even addressing what you are talking about here. I was simply saying that you have no corroborating scriptures that show tens of thousands of years past from the time of Adams creation until he fell into sin. All this you are speaking here is off topic. Show me scriptures that say or prove tens of thousands of years past from the time Adam was created til his fall into sin.

And there is no corroborating scripture that says there wasn't. All it says is that Adam was 130 yrs. old when Seth was born. If you want to think that God is a defective creator when he created perfection, go right ahead. Gen. 3:22-24 implies that Adam had eaten of the tree of life but could no longer do so, so that is why God kicked him out of Eden. The tree of life was in the garden and Adam was told he could eat of any of the trees except the forbidden one. Why would God allow that if he foreknew that Adam would fall in what a couple of months at most? No one knows how much time there was between the end of Gen. 2 and the beginning of cp. 3. I honestly think that to believe it was only a matter of days is ludicrous and insulting to God. There are many truths that are never mentioned in the bible but that doesn't eliminate their reality. If you want to limit yourself to strictly what the bible reveals and not remain open to innumerable things that God has done, imo, brings you on the same path as the Pharisees. BTW, the bible never mentions when and where he created the angels...does that mean they aren't real?

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying that you are speculating. There is no scriptures to back up what you are saying. How about understanding this, if God thought it was so important as you are trying to make out why didn't he put it down in writing.

All of Christianity is speculation based on faith!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bad def of eternal, we are created in God's image too, etc.
ok, when you can Quote that lemme know k.
I guess that would have been a mandatory inclusion to avoid deceiving @ "Adam was 130 years old when..."

Common sense is common sense. God gave us brains for a reason. Maybe we should try to use them. There is no explanation of how mathematics works in the bible but by golly we figured it out.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If tens of thousands of years past between the time of Adams creation and Adams fall why are the scriptures silent on the matter, why is Adam silent on the matter?

I would estimate that at most, humans may have obtained about (generously) 10% of all the knowledge that is out there. Some things just aren't our business and God doesn't have to report to us every little thing he has done. To think that just because there is no verse to speak of a particular reality means it isn't there is kind of silly, to be polite about it.