THE DAUGHTERS OF MEN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact the scriptures say that Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born.

Adam was eternal when he was created, there were no ages until the fall. Time began after the fall, so Adam was 130 yrs. old from the time of the fall, not from the time of creation.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was eternal when he was created, there were no ages until the fall. Time began after the fall, so Adam was 130 yrs. old from the time of the fall, not from the time of creation.

Again this is spectulation you have no corroborating scriptures that back that up.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again this is spectulation you have no corroborating scriptures that back that up.
So you don't see a difference in the world and how things were before the fall in relation to after the fall. When God says it was good, it was GOOD. Adam was made in God's image and the eternal nature is part of that image. If Adam and Eve hadn't eaten of the Tree of the knowledge of good an evil, they would still be alive today. Why do you think they lived so long in the days before Noah? It took time for the eternal aspects of our DNA to get eliminated from our systems.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't see a difference in the world and how things were before the fall in relation to after the fall. When God says it was good, it was GOOD. Adam was made in God's image and the eternal nature is part of that image. If Adam and Eve hadn't eaten of the Tree of the knowledge of good an evil, they would still be alive today. Why do you think they lived so long in the days before Noah? It took time for the eternal aspects of our DNA to get eliminated from our systems.

I wasn't even addressing what you are talking about here. I was simply saying that you have no corroborating scriptures that show tens of thousands of years past from the time of Adams creation until he fell into sin. All this you are speaking here is off topic. Show me scriptures that say or prove tens of thousands of years past from the time Adam was created til his fall into sin.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does everything perfect. He created the heavens and the earth perfect.

Each day of the six days God said it was good, not perfect.

That is because he was not doing creation from nothingness, but remolding the shapelessness the earth had
become during the war in heaven.

Darkness did not exist in the first verse of Genesis nor will it exist in eternity.

The first verse of Genesis was not part of the six days.

This means sin already existed and it did not start when Adam disobeyed.

God said if Adam and Eve had eaten from the tree of life they would have lived forever as sinful flesh.

Adam and Eve died spiritually when they ate, not physically.

So this idea there was no sin until they disobeyed is simply false. What is true is that the knowledge of good and evil did not exist in them until they disobeyed.

They were innocent up until then. It does not mean there was no sin, it means there no accountability for the sin.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree it's an assumption but there are way too many logical and scientific realities to assume God created the whole universe only 6000 yrs. ago. I believe both young earthers and anti-creationists are also assuming because they are not grounding their beliefs on ALL the facts, just what we are given and why is it so hard to believe, given what little we are, that the answer might be somewhere in the middle?

I don't have a problem with old earthers...I'm married to one! I don't even have a problem with making assumptions...up to a point. But I think we have to be super careful about making leaps based on our assumptions. If you want to 'wonder' if Adam and Eve had heaps of kids before the Genesis account, well, go for it, I suppose. But that assumption cannot play into something that feeds a another thought or doctrine when you read it. Because Genesis doesn't give us leave to base our understandings upon it, even if it is a 'logical' assumption.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does everything perfect. He created the heavens and the earth perfect.

That is because he was not doing creation from nothingness, but remolding the shapelessness the earth had
become during the war in heaven.

Darkness did not exist in the first verse of Genesis nor will it exist in eternity.

The first verse of Genesis was not part of the six days.

This means sin already existed and it did not start when Adam disobeyed.

God said if Adam and Eve had eaten from the tree of life they would have lived forever as sinful flesh.

Adam and Eve died spiritually when they ate, not physically.

So this idea there was no sin until they disobeyed is simply false. What is true is that the knowledge of good and evil did not exist in them until they disobeyed.

They were innocent up until then. It does not mean there was no sin, it means there no accountability for the sin.

I find no scriptural evidence that there was a war that was fought in heaven before Adam and Eve were created. I believe that Genesis 1:1 tells us that The True God did create the universe in the beginning by his word. The second verse of the first chapter of Genesis onward is talking about God preparing the planet Earth for intelligent life. I have found no scriptural evidence that says sin existed before Adam and Eve sin. I agree that Satan sinned against God when he influenced Adam & Eve to sin cause Satan lied about God and wanted

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What many try to do is make a mishmash of the Scriptures in order to dodge the plain teaching that evil angels -- called "the sons of God" --cohabited with human women and produced monstrosities -- giants (Nephilim). Gigantism (acromegaly) is a genetic anomaly, and these "sons of God" are called "the angels which sinned" or "the angels which kept not their first estate". Because of unnatural sexual unions, they were consigned to the underworld prison called Tartarus, and they are literally *chained in darkness* until their day of judgment.

When God created the world He made everything after their own kind as in Genesis 1:12; 20; 21; 24; and verse 25.

In other words, an elephant don’t have sexual intimacy with a horse and produce a unicorn. Likewise, angels who are spirit beings do not have sexual relation with human beings!!! THAT’S AN IMPOSSIBILITY, THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT SPECIES!!!

Time and again I’ve stated that many Christians do not know how to read and discern Scripture, nor how to connect the dots. And, many proved me right.

The teaching of Genesis 6 is that born-again believers (sons of God) are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers (daughters of men)!

The terms “mighty men” and “men of renown” means the same back then as it is today, except today we recognize them as well known athletes and movie actors, and never as giants.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: oldhermit

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Likewise, angels who are spirit beings do not have sexual relation with human beings!!! THAT’S AN IMPOSSIBILITY, THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT SPECIES!!!
You are forgetting that there are numerous instances in Scripture where angels have appeared to men as ordinary men. And regardless of how impossible you may think this, it is angels (appearing as men) who had intercourse with women.

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 1:6,7)

Christians fully accepted the epistle of Jude as divinely inspired, so it is God who connects *the angels which kept not their first estate* (their original purpose and place) to Sodom and Gomorrah, as well as fornication and going after strange flesh. Carefully note "EVEN AS" and "IN LIKE MANNER" meaning "just as".

All angels are masculine, and humans do not really know their limitations.
But we have Scripture to confirm the belief and angels cohabited with women before the Flood and corrupted humanity while producing giants.

While the book of Enoch is generally not accepted as inspired (other than by the Ethiopic Church), it gives us tremendous insight into this transgression by angels.

Enoch Chapter 7 (also referred to as "Ethiopian Enoch" or "1 Enoch")

1 It happened after the sons of men had multiplied in those days, that daughters were born to them, elegant and beautiful.
2 And when the angels, the sons of heaven, beheld them, they became enamoured of them, saying to each other, Come, let us select for ourselves wives from the progeny of men, and let us beget children.
3 Then their leader Samyaza said to them; I fear that you may perhaps be indisposed to the performance of this enterprise;
4 And that I alone shall suffer for so grievous a crime.
5 But they answered him and said; We all swear;
6 And bind ourselves by mutual execrations, that we will not change our intention, but execute our projected undertaking.
7 Then they swore all together, and all bound themselves by mutual execrations. Their whole number was two hundred, who descended upon Ardis, which is the top of mount Armon.
8 That mountain therefore was called Armon, because they had sworn upon it, and bound themselves by mutual execrations.
9 These are the names of their chiefs: Samyaza, who was their leader, Urakabarameel, Akibeel, Tamiel, Ramuel, Danel, Azkeel, Saraknyal, Asael, Armers, Batraal, Anane, Zavebe, Samsaveel, Ertael, Turel, Yomyael, Arazyal. These were the prefects of the two hundred angels, and the remainder were all with them.
10 Then they took wives, each choosing for himself; whom they began to approach, and with whom they cohabited; teaching them sorcery, incantations, and the dividing of roots and trees.

11 And the women conceiving brought forth giants,
12 Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;
13 When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;
14 And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, and to drink their blood.
15 Then the earth reproved the unrighteous.

oldhermit

Dec 19, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the issue with Gen 6. Since the text does not specifically tell us that those 'sons of God' are angels, we are left with no alternative but to apply an interpretation to the term 'sons of God'. The question is, what interpretation do we assign to the meaning of this term? If we assign angelic beings to this term then we must find where scripture itself assigns such a definition to this term. We see numerous passages where 'sons of God' is used to describe men as the subject in both the Old and New Testament, but there is no text that ever defines angels in this way. The only possible passage that may indicate that 'sons of God' may also refer to angels is Job 38:6-7, but even this is inconclusive. Scripture must ALWAYS be allowed to define its own use of language.

To insist that Genesis 6 refers to angelic beings makes a number of unwarranted assumptions. This assumes that the term 'sons of god' can only refer to angels. It assumes that the angels which were cast down from heaven were cast down upon the earth. It assumes that if they were cast down upon the earth that they assumed human form. It assumes that if they took human form, they became sexual creatures. It assumes that they were sufficiently genetically compatible with human DNA to produce offspring. It assumes that the appearance of the giants in the land can only be explained through this quantum leap of conjecture, none of which is supplied by any biblical text.

Reactions: Jun2u

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You have the right to disagree all you want, but when you have no scriptures to back up what you are saying I'm not going to agree with you. There's nothing in the scriptures that even suggest that tens of thousands of years past from the time Adam was created to the fall into sin. In fact the scriptures say that Adam was 130 years old when Seth was born.
ah, forgot about that one, good point. There's always a Scripture for that, huh? How ya been, BB, good to see ya!

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, forgot about that one, good point. There's always a Scripture for that, huh? How ya been, BB, good to see ya!

I'm ok how have you been. Yes I rather use scriptures to back up what I'm saying. This tens of thousands of years passing from the time Adam was created to his fall into sin is spectulation. There is no scriptures to back that up. People can speculate all they want, but it is spectulation not the scriptures.

Reactions: oldhermit

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find no scriptural evidence that there was a war that was fought in heaven before Adam and Eve were created. I believe that Genesis 1:1 tells us that The True God did create the universe in the beginning by his word. The second verse of the first chapter of Genesis onward is talking about God preparing the planet Earth for intelligent life. I have found no scriptural evidence that says sin existed before Adam and Eve sin. I agree that Satan sinned against God when he influenced Adam & Eve to sin cause Satan lied about God and wanted

You also cannot find a verse that names you as saved.

oldhermit

Dec 19, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm ok how have you been. Yes I rather use scriptures to back up what I'm saying. This tens of thousands of years passing from the time Adam was created to his fall into sin is spectulation. There is no scriptures to back that up. People can speculate all they want, but it is spectulation not the scriptures.
Yes. Truth is rooted in the grammatical structure of the text. In order for some to defend certain positions, they must depart from the language of the text and rely on the so-called logical argument. This creates a lot of problems for those who do not know any better because they have become convinced that scripture is unable to stand against the logical argument.

Reactions: bbyrd009

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Truth is rooted in the grammatical structure of the text. In order for some to defend certain positions, they must depart from the language of the text and rely on the so-called logical argument. This creates a lot of problems for those who do not know any better because they have become convinced that scripture is unable to stand against the logical argument.

We have to remember that logical arguments can become philosophy of men, which the scriptures warns us about. I will always agree with what scriptures are saying so I can understand reasoning on the scriptures but you need scriptures to back up your reasoning on the scriptures.

Reactions: Jun2u and oldhermit

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what you think that gives me the right to add to the scriptures by speculating. You and others may think it's ok to add to the scriptures, but that's not what I'm going to do.

But instead of saying you do not know you add by saying if not stated it is wrong. Where does the Bible say that?

Or that it has to said per your demands.

If various passages combine to say it the Bible is saying it.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But instead of saying you do not know you add by saying if not stated it is wrong. Where does the Bible say that?

Or that it has to said per your demands.

If various passages combine to say it the Bible is saying it.

I'm saying that you are speculating. There is no scriptures to back up what you are saying. How about understanding this, if God thought it was so important as you are trying to make out why didn't he put it down in writing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ok, well neither is you going to heaven when you die, and fwiw "the fall" cannot be Quoted either I guess. "tens of thousands of years passing from the time Adam was created to his fall into sin" I wouldn't even bother addressing, however creating Adam from the dust of the earth might have taken that long, was my original objection

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Adam was eternal when he was created, there were no ages until the fall.
bad def of eternal, we are created in God's image too, etc.
Time began after the fall, so Adam was 130 yrs. old from the time of the fall, not from the time of creation.
ok, when you can Quote that lemme know k.
I guess that would have been a mandatory inclusion to avoid deceiving @ "Adam was 130 years old when..."

Last edited: