THE DAUGHTERS OF MEN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If you want to say the person who ate of the forbidden fruit didn't really die, that's your belief.
No Barney, it isn't, as is made obvious when A&E did not immediately literally die, right?
The whole point of the story is to illuminate Spiritual Death?
The one that God cares about?
So yes, they died. Right then, that day, imo. Spiritually, and overwhelmingly obviously not literally

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No its' your belief. Don't get me wrong I know you truly believe what you state Is scripture. But so what, so do
those are direct Quotes Barney, not my interpretations
I don't "believe" they are in Scripture, I know beyond a shadow of doubt that they are wadr. You can do a Stranger if you like and deem them "Koran" and refuse to see too if you want, but that will not remove them from the Book ok, even if making the determination in writing should dq one from posting here as a Christian I guess.

Iow and I do mean this wadr, no, it is not just my belief, and now you have posted a lie, see

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It is given for a man to live once, and then judgement
You and your sons will be here with me
There is only one Immortal
No one has ever gone up to heaven
From eternity to eternity

All Scripture ok. Now those are English, bam if you have any dispute there then present it and maybe I'll learn something this am, but I've Lexed all of those myself, don't recall any astounding alt interps wadr

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to say the person who ate of the forbidden fruit didn't really die, that's your belief. I also believe you are calling God a liar. I believe when God told Adam he would die he was talking to the person, not just some part of him. so yes I believe Adam literally died when he was 930 years old.

Well I'm sorry B but Scripture disputes that pov at more than one place, and even a corrupted Strong's can provide anyone who seeks the proper definition of Eternal wadr

I believe the scriptures tell us that those who all have remained faithful to Jehovah God and his Son Jesus Christ until their death, at Jesus Christ second coming or second presence Jesus Christ will resurrect these faithful ones and they will be rewarded with immortality and they will inherit incorruption. I believe from my study of the scriptures that we are in that Second presence of Jesus Christ, therefore I believe those who were faithful to Jesus have already been resurrected and have been rewarded with immortality and they have inherited incorruption. If you don't believe this, that is your right. Just because you and others disagree doesn't make me wrong although I understand you will probably believe i am wrong. I myself don't believe anyone on this planet to be infallible in their reasoning on the scriptures. So if you choose to disagree with what I believe the scriptures say, so what.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I believe
Idc what you believe, BB, I Quoted Scripture there, not interpretation ok.
So address the Scripture or do not, beliefs are not relevant here wadr
If you want to stay in denial and even call me a liar to do it, fine, but understand I have other places to be, ok

There is only One Immortal, Who dwells in unapproachable light

Regardless of anyone's opinion/"belief" on the matter I guess!

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't "believe" they are in Scripture, I know beyond a shadow of doubt that they are wadr. You can do a Stranger if you like and deem them "Koran" and refuse to see too if you want, but that will not remove them from the Book ok, even if making the determination in writing should dq one from posting here as a Christian I guess.

Iow and I do mean this wadr, no, it is not just my belief, and now you have posted a lie, see

If you wish to state I have stated lies, so what. They said Jesus was a liar too, doesn't mean he was. Jesus said those that follow him would be treated like he was treated. I don't really worry about people who say i lie.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you wish to state I have stated lies, so what. They said Jesus was a liar too, doesn't mean he was. Jesus said those that follow him would be treated like he was treated. I don't really worry about people who say i lie.
Ok, but how about the ones who have made it obvious that you have, B
Either that was a Quote, or it was a belief, which one?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idc what you believe, BB, I Quoted Scripture there, not interpretation ok.
So address the Scripture or do not, beliefs are not relevant here wadr
If you want to stay in denial and even call me a liar to do it, fine, but understand I have other places to be, ok

There is only One Immortal, Who dwells in unapproachable light

Regardless of anyone's opinion/"belief" on the matter I guess!

As I said you can disagree all you want, but you have not convinced me that what you say is true. Everybody says they are quoting scriptures. The Pharisees and Sadducees of Jesus day could quote scriptures. Doesn't mean they were taking or seeing those scriptures they quoted correctly.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As I said you can disagree all you want, but you have not convinced me that what you say is true. Everybody says they are quoting scriptures. The Pharisees and Sadducees of Jesus day could quote scriptures. Doesn't mean they were taking or seeing those scriptures they quoted correctly.
then pick one up and correct me Barney, by all means, which one are you prepared to argue I am misquoting

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, but how about the ones who have made it obvious that you have, B
Either that was a Quote, or it was a belief, which one?

They have made it obvious to themselves or to you but not me. So when you talk about something being made obvious to someone don't make out you made it obvious to me. You want to say you made it obvious to yourself, go ahead.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Some say that the sons of God in the verse above refers to fallen angels, who, with the daughters of men, bore children.

Who were the sons of God in this passage?

Genesis 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

In the above verse we can read that men began to call upon the name of the Lord.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

I think that by applying Romans 10:13, and 1 John 3:2, it can be determined that the men of Genesis 4:26 are the sons of God. These men were of God, saved because they called upon the name of the Lord.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Note that the verse above says there were giants in the earth at the time that the sons of God bore children with the daughters of men, and also after that. Therefore, it could not have been the fallen angels that produced these giants, since, the giants were already present when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men.
I see what you did there...you followed the model of Biblical study found in Isaiah 28:10 on this issue and clearly showed that the idea angels and women can produce children is just silly. If only everyone understood that sensationalism over substance is no attitude with which to approach the Bible when seeking truth.

Reactions: Doug

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
They have made it obvious to themselves or to you but not me. So when you talk about something being made obvious to someone don't make out you made it obvious to me. You want to say you made it obvious to yourself, go ahead.
yes Barney, obv if your eyes are closed you won't have to see, no arg here bro. Have a nice day

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I see what you did there...you followed the model of Biblical study found in Isaiah 28:10 on this issue and clearly showed that the idea angels and women can produce children is just silly. If only everyone understood that sensationalism over substance is no attitude with which to approach the Bible when seeking truth.
I suggest that "daughters of men" is as spiritual an appellation as "sons of God" is prolly

Strong's Hebrew: 120. אָדָם (adam) -- man, mankind
Strong's Hebrew: 376. אּישׁ (ish) -- man
Strong's Greek: 444. ἄνθρωπος (anthrópos) -- a man, human, mankind
Strong's Greek: 435. ἀνήρ (anér) -- a man

[444 /ánthrōpos ("man") answers to the Hebrew term, ̓adam – and 435 (anḗr) answers to the Hebrew term ̓ish.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then pick one up and correct me Barney, by all means, which one are you prepared to argue I am misQuoting

I didn't say you misquoted scripture I'm saying I don't believe you are looking at those scriptures you're quoting correctly. When you quote a scripture could state what book of the Bible pt0

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Old Testament, only angels are called "sons of God" in Genesis and Job.
So what? Adam was plainly labeled "the son of God".
QUESTION: From what time was Adam "the son of God" - in the OT, or not until he was labeled as such? The answer is obvious.
QUESTION: Since an order of non-angelic beings (mankind) labeled as "the sons of God" existed before the time when the sons of God took wives, can the phrase "sons of God" apply to that non-angelic order? The answer is as obvious as the other.

Conclusion: #1: There is a Biblical precedent for mankind being considered "sons of God" in the OT.

Conclusion #2: There is absolutely no precedent for angels getting freaky with women anywhere in Scripture.

Reactions: Trekson

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I didn't say you misquoted scripture I'm saying I don't believe you are looking at those scriptures you're quoting correctly.
when I have given no interp whatsoever, yes, I get this a lot, wadr it comes out sounding like "the simple reading of this Scripture
So, not saying you're wrong here, which would you like to start with?
How am I mis-reading
There is only One Immortal?

and you might review my feed, I just tried this last week with a pseudo-Enoch, I forget which one; still waiting for a reply there tho

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then pick one up and correct me Barney, by all means, which one are you prepared to argue I am misquoting

Could you please state the book and chapter of the Bible these scriptures are from

Reactions: Trekson

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when I have given no interp whatsoever, yes, I get this a lot wadr.
So, not saying you're wrong here, which would you like to start with?
How am I mis-reading
There is only One Immortal?

I would like to know the book and chapter of the Bible of the scriptures you quote.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest that "daughters of men" is as spiritual an appellation as "sons of God" is prolly

Strong's Hebrew: 120. אָדָם (adam) -- man, mankind
Strong's Hebrew: 376. אּישׁ (ish) -- man
Strong's Greek: 444. ἄνθρωπος (anthrópos) -- a man, human, mankind
Strong's Greek: 435. ἀνήρ (anér) -- a man

[444 /ánthrōpos ("man") answers to the Hebrew term, ̓adam – and 435 (anḗr) answers to the Hebrew term ̓ish.
I fully agree. God's people compromised with worldly people and brought about the first destruction by water, which exact circumstance will precede the next one by fire.