THE DAUGHTERS OF MEN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to know the book and chapter of the Bible of the scriptures you quote.
So what? Adam was plainly labeled "the son of God".
QUESTION: From what time was Adam "the son of God" - in the OT, or not until he was labeled as such? The answer is obvious.
QUESTION: Since an order of non-angelic beings (mankind) labeled as "the sons of God" existed before the time when the sons of God took wives, can the phrase "sons of God" apply to that non-angelic order? The answer is as obvious as the other.

Conclusion: #1: There is a Biblical precedent for mankind being considered "sons of God" in the OT.

Conclusion #2: There is absolutely no precedent for angels getting freaky with women anywhere in Scripture.

The first mention of “sons of the true God” is at Genesis 6:2-4. There such sons are spoken of as ‘beginning to notice the daughters of men, that they were good-looking; and they went taking wives for themselves, namely, all whom they chose,’ this prior to the global Flood.

Many commentators hold that these ‘sons of God’ were themselves human, being in reality men of the line of Seth. They base their argument on the fact that Seth’s line was that through which godly Noah came, whereas the other lines from Adam, that of Cain and those of any other sons born to Adam (Ge 5:3, 4), were destroyed at the Flood. So, they say that the taking as wives “the daughters of men” by “the sons of the true God” means that Sethites began to marry into the line of wicked Cain.

There is, however, nothing to show that God made any such distinction between family lines at this point. Corroborating Scriptural evidence is lacking to support the view that intermarriage between the lines of Seth and Cain is what is here meant, or that such marriages were responsible for the birth of “mighty ones” as mentioned in verse 4. It is true that the expression “sons of men [or “of mankind”]” (which those favoring the earlier mentioned view would contrast with the expression ‘sons of God’) is frequently used in an unfavorable sense, but this is not consistently so.—Compare Ps 4:2; 57:4; Pr 8:22, 30, 31; Jer 32:18, 19; Da 10:16.

On the other hand, there is an explanation that finds corroborating evidence in the Scriptures. The expression “sons of the true God” next occurs at Job 1:6, and here the reference is obviously to spirit sons of God assembled in God’s presence, among whom Satan, who had been “roving about in the earth,” also appeared. (Job 1:7; see also 2:1, 2.) Again at Job 38:4-7 “the sons of God” who ‘shouted in applause’ when God ‘laid the cornerstone’ of the earth clearly were angelic sons and not humans descended from Adam (as yet not even created). So, too, at Psalm 89:6 “the sons of God” are definitely heavenly creatures, not earthlings.

The identification of "The Sons of the True God” at Genesis 6:2-4 with angelic creatures is objected to by those holding the previously mentioned view because they say the context relates entirely to human wickedness. This objection is not valid, however, since the wrongful interjection of spirit creatures in human affairs most certainly could contribute to or accelerate the growth of human wickedness. Wicked spirit creatures during Jesus’ time on earth, though not then materializing in visible form, were responsible for wrong human conduct of an extreme nature. The mention of a mixing into human affairs by angelic sons of God could reasonably appear in the Genesis account precisely because of its explaining to a considerable degree the gravity of the situation that had developed on earth prior to the Flood.

Supporting this are the apostle Peter’s references to “the spirits in prison, who had once been disobedient when the patience of God was waiting in Noah’s days” (1Pe 3:19, 20), and to “the angels that sinned,” mentioned in connection with the “ancient world” of Noah’s time (2Pe 2:4, 5), as well as Jude’s statement concerning “the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place.” (Jude 6) If it is denied that “the sons of the true God” of Genesis 6:2-4 were spirit creatures, then these statements by the Christian writers become enigmatic, with nothing to explain the manner in which this angelic disobedience took place, or its actual relation to Noah’s time.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so I take it we're done here right BB

Here is the possible difference between you and I. Most people today believe Jesus Christ to be, The Only True God. I however believe Jesus Christ to be, The Only-begotten Son of The Only True God. So when you and I look at this scripture, 1 Timothy 6:16 I'm going to keep in the context that Paul was referring to the fact that no human King of the line of David has ever received immortality, Jesus alone has received Immortality but Jesus has a Father and a God who is The Only True God who has always had immortality it was never given to him. So when 1 Timothy 6:16 was first written there were actually two persons who had Immortality, Jesus Christ The Only-begotten Son of The Only True God and the Father and God of Jesus Christ who is The Only True God, the Creator of all things and the source of all life. At 1 Corinthians 15:50-53 it is shown that those that are faithful til death will also be given Immortality when resurrected. These are the ones who will be Kings, Priests and Judges with Jesus in heaven ruling over the Earth. The scriptures 1 Corinthians 15:20,23 show us that those who are faithful til death and resurrected and given immortality are resurrected at his second presence or second coming. I believe today we are in the second presence of Jesus Christ so the Apostles and disciples who were faithful til death have already been resurrected and received immortality and incorruption.

oldhermit

Dec 19, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, it is speculation that opens the door to faith and faith when built upon leads to revelation. It goes like this...I wonder if God is real? (speculation) I ask my friend what he thinks and he invites me to his church. I hear the salvation message and by faith I accept it as true and pray the sinners prayer. (faith) As I pray and read my bible because I want to know more about God, God begins to reveal more of himself to me through his written word (revelation)
Do not confuse speculation with curiosity. The only thing that produces faith is revelation...nothing else. As Paul reminds us, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." Rom. 10:17.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Here is the possible difference between you and I. Most people today believe Jesus Christ to be, The Only True God. I however believe Jesus Christ to be, The Only-begotten Son of The Only True God. So when you and I look at this scripture, 1 Timothy 6:16 I'm going to keep in the context that Paul was referring to the fact that no human King of the line of David has ever received immortality, Jesus alone has received Immortality but Jesus has a Father and a God who is The Only True God who has always had immortality it was never given to him. So when 1 Timothy 6:16 was first written there were actually two persons who had Immortality, Jesus Christ The Only-begotten Son of The Only True God and the Father and God of Jesus Christ who is The Only True God, the Creator of all things and the source of all life. At 1 Corinthians 15:50-53 it is shown that those that are faithful til death will also be given Immortality when resurrected. These are the ones who will be Kings, Priests and Judges with Jesus in heaven ruling over the Earth. The scriptures 1 Corinthians 15:20,23 show us that those who are faithful til death and resurrected and given immortality are resurrected at his second presence or second coming. I believe today we are in the second presence of Jesus Christ so the Apostles and disciples who were faithful til death have already been resurrected and received immortality and incorruption.
ok ty BB

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So what? Adam was plainly labeled "the son of God".
Not in the OT. And again, only because he was a direct creation of God, and only in the genealogy of Christ. Totally irrelevant to sons of God vs daughters of men.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question, if these heroes of faith listed in Heb.11 are already in heaven, I'm taking this to mean that you are saying these spirits they are already living in heaven, right? Why would they need to be resurrected. The word resurrection basically means, standing up back to life from the dead, doesn't it? So why would they need to be resurrected back to life to the living if you're saying they already have life and are living in heaven. I have no problem with the dead being resurrected back to life to the living, but the living being resurrected back to life to the living I do have a problem with, it doesn't make sense to me.

The difference is they are presently spirits and will be reunited with their bodies as the church will per 1 Cor. 15:51-52.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Barney, it isn't, as is made obvious when A&E did not immediately literally die, right?
The whole point of the story is to illuminate Spiritual Death?
The one that God cares about?
So yes, they died. Right then, that day, imo. Spiritually, and overwhelmingly obviously not literally

God told Adam he would go back to the dust from which he came for dust you are God said. when God used the word, "You" while saying this God was talking to the whole person Adam, not part of a person. When Adam died when he was 930 years old he ceased to exist. Adam didn't didn't exist
The difference is they are presently spirits and will be reunited with their bodies as the church will per 1 Cor. 15:51-52.

you're saying that they are already alive and living in heaven, no resurrection is needed if they are already alive. like I said when you go by the definition of the word resurrection, it means resurrect from death to life. Death is the opposite of life. I don't agree with you because you're saying these people don't actually die and you are saying death is just another doorway to another plane of existence. I believe this to be pagan mythology. When Jesus resurrected Lazarus who was dead for four days, he wasn't anywhere. Jesus simply brought him back to life. That's a resurrection.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus resurrected Lazarus who was dead for four days, he wasn't anywhere. Jesus simply brought him back to life. That's a resurrection.

We don't know that, the scriptures don't say. When Jesus died, his spirit preached to the prisoners in hades or wherever. Paul says to absent from the body is to be present with the lord. The spirits of the martyrs under the altar in the 5th seal attest to spirits going to heaven. The parable of the rich man and Lazarus show that both the good and evil spirits live on. You're not disagreeing with me as the scriptures make it abundantly clear that our spirits live on until they will be reunited with their bodies at the resurrection, your argument is with God.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't know that, the scriptures don't say. When Jesus died, his spirit preached to the prisoners in hades or wherever. Paul says to absent from the body is to be present with the lord. The spirits of the martyrs under the altar in the 5th seal attest to spirits going to heaven. The parable of the rich man and Lazarus show that both the good and evil spirits live on. You're not disagreeing with me as the scriptures make it abundantly clear that our spirits live on until they will be reunited with their bodies at the resurrection, your argument is with God.

The rich man and Lazarus (Lu 16:19-31). The setting, in Luke 16:14, 15, shows that the money-loving Pharisees were listening and sneering. But Jesus told them: “You are those who declare yourselves righteous before men, but God knows your hearts; because what is lofty among men is a disgusting thing in God’s sight.”

The “purple and linen” in which the rich man was decked out were comparable to garb worn only by princes, nobles, and priests. (Es 8:15; Ge 41:42; Ex 28:4, 5) They were very costly. Hades, where this rich man is said to have gone, is the common grave of dead mankind. That it cannot be concluded from this parable that Hades itself is a place of blazing fire is made clear at Revelation 20:14, where death and Hades are described as being hurled into “the lake of fire.” The death of the rich man and his being in Hades must therefore be figurative, figurative death being mentioned elsewhere in the Scriptures. (Lu 9:60; Col 2:13; 1Ti 5:6) So the fiery torment was experienced while he was figuratively dead but actually alive as a human. Fire is used in God’s Word to describe his fiery judgment messages (Jer 5:14; 23:29), and the work done by God’s prophets in declaring his judgments is said to ‘torment’ those who oppose God and his servants.—Re 11:7, 10.

Lazarus is a Grecianized form of the Hebrew name Eleazar, which means “God Has Helped.” The dogs that licked his sores were apparently scavengers that roamed the streets and were viewed as unclean. Lazarus’ being in the bosom position of Abraham indicates that he was in a position of favor (compare Joh 1:18), this figure of speech being drawn from the practice of reclining at meals in such a way that one could lean back on the bosom of a friend.—Joh 13:23-25.

Teachers and students of comparative religion have in some cases suggested that in giving this illustration, Jesus Christ drew upon the ancient rabbinic concept and teaching regarding the underworld. Josephus furnishes the following information regarding the then-current view of the Pharisees in this regard: “They believe that souls have power to survive death and that there are rewards and punishments under the earth for those who have led lives of virtue or vice: eternal imprisonment is the lot of evil souls, while the good souls receive an easy passage to a new life.” (Jewish Antiquities, XVIII, 14 [i, 3]) However, Jesus flatly rejected false teachings, including those of the Pharisees. (Mt 23) Hence, it would have been inconsistent for him to frame his illustration of the rich man and Lazarus according to the outlines of the false rabbinic concept of the underworld. Consequently, it must be concluded that Jesus had in mind the fulfillment of the illustration and framed its details and movement in harmony with the facts of the fulfillment rather than according to any unscriptural teaching.

The context and the wording of the story show clearly that it is a parable and not an actual historical account. Poverty is not being extolled, nor are riches being condemned. Rather, conduct, final rewards, and a reversal in the spiritual status, or condition, of those represented by Lazarus and by the rich man are evidently indicated. The fact that the rich man’s brothers rejected Moses and the prophets also shows that the illustration had a deeper meaning and purpose than that of contrasting poverty and the possession of riches.

The Pharisees are money lovers, so is there any doubt whom Jesus is illustrating by this “rich man”? These Jewish religious leaders also like to deck themselves out in costly, fancy clothing. And beyond whatever actual wealth they might have, they seem rich in the privileges they enjoy and opportunities they have. Yes, illustrating them by a man clothed in royal purple reflects their favored position, and the white linen reflects their self-righteousness.—Daniel 5:7.

How do these rich, proud leaders view the poor, the common people? They contemptuously consider them ‛am ha·’aʹrets, or people of the land (earth), who neither know the Law nor deserve to be taught it. (John 7:49) That reflects the situation of the “beggar named Lazarus,” who hungers for even the meager “things dropping from the table of the rich man.” Like Lazarus covered with ulcers, the common people are looked down on, as if they are spiritually diseased.

That sad situation has existed for some time, but Jesus knows that the time has come for a great change in the condition of both those who are like the rich man and those who are like Lazarus.

And when he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those slaughtered because of the word of God and because of the witness work that they used to have.” (Revelation 6:9) What is that? A sacrificial altar up in heaven? Yes! It is the first time that John mentions an altar. Already, though, he has described Jehovah on His throne, the surrounding cherubs, the glassy sea, the lamps, and the 24 elders carrying incense—all of these resembling features of the earthly tabernacle, Jehovah’s sanctuary in Israel. (Exodus 25:17, 18; 40:24-27, 30-32; 1 Chronicles 24:4) Should it, then, surprise us to find a symbolic altar of sacrifice also in heaven?—Exodus 40:29.

Underneath this altar are “the souls of those slaughtered because of the word of God and because of the witness work that they used to have.” What does this mean? These could not be disembodied souls—like those believed in by the pagan Greeks. (Genesis 2:7; Ezekiel 18:4) Rather, John knows that the soul, or life, is symbolized by the blood, and when the priests at the ancient Jewish tabernacle slaughtered a sacrificial animal, they sprinkled the blood “round about upon the altar” or poured it “at the base of the altar of burnt offering.” (Leviticus 3:2, 8, 13; 4:7; 17:6, 11, 12) Hence, the animal’s soul was closely identified with the altar of sacrifice. But why would the souls, or blood, of these particular servants of God be seen underneath a symbolic altar in heaven? Because their deaths are viewed as sacrificial.

Indeed, all those who are begotten as spirit sons of God die a sacrificial death. Because of the role they are to play in Jehovah’s heavenly Kingdom, it is God’s will that they renounce and sacrifice any hope of life everlasting on earth. In this respect, they submit to a sacrificial death in behalf of Jehovah’s sovereignty. (Philippians 3:8-11; compare 2:17.) This is true in a very real sense of those whom John saw under the altar. They are anointed ones who in their day were martyred for their zealous ministry in upholding Jehovah’s Word and sovereignty. Their “souls [were] slaughtered because of the word of God and because of the witness work [mar·ty·riʹan] that they used to have.”

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I believe this explains the verse a little better - "For only I, the Messiah, have come to earth and will return to heaven again." (TLB)
Hmm, ok, never Lexed the v before, and tbh I'm not thrilled with that rendering, but anyway here's the v Lex
John 3:13 Lexicon: "No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man.
Which if ppl aren't fam with a lexicon link what you're reading there in English might have little resemblance to the sense of the original too, although this one is pretty close imo. But you have to click the link to read the transliteration

And in case someone asks my objections would be to "Messiah" and Him "returning" to heaven, which I don't find there. Doubt He ever left myself

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God told Adam he would go back to the dust from which he came for dust you are God said. when God used the word, "You" while saying this God was talking to the whole person Adam, not part of a person. When Adam died when he was 930 years old he ceased to exist. Adam didn't didn't exist
Guess I'm not getting your point there Barney, I don't disagree with your synopsis up there :)

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josephus furnishes the following information regarding the then-current view of the Pharisees in this regard: “They believe that souls have power to survive death and that there are rewards and punishments under the earth for those who have led lives of virtue or vice: eternal imprisonment is the lot of evil souls, while the good souls receive an easy passage to a new life.” (Jewish Antiquities, XVIII, 14 [i, 3]) However, Jesus flatly rejected false teachings, including those of the Pharisees. (Mt 23) Hence, it would have been inconsistent for him to frame his illustration of the rich man and Lazarus according to the outlines of the false rabbinic concept of the underworld. Consequently, it must be concluded that Jesus had in mind the fulfillment of the illustration and framed its details and movement in harmony with the facts of the fulfillment rather than according to any unscriptural teaching.

No, Jesus didn't reject all the doctrines of the Pharisees, he was giving them a good lambasting regarding the oppression they put upon their people because of their over-zealousness to the law, but the majority of their doctrines were straight from the OT. The italicized portion above is what I believe and what Jesus implied several times during his ministry.. The bible uses three words to describe the afterlife: G1067 - Gehenna, a place of eternal punishment, G5020 - Tartarus, the deepest abyss of Hades, incarcerated for torment. G86 - Hades, which is the word used in Luke 16. Hades is equivalent to the OT word Sheol. Hades has two parts, Tartarus for the evil ones and Paradise for the good ones. The reality of Paradise was confirmed by Christ on the cross.

Indeed, all those who are begotten as spirit sons of God die a sacrificial death. Because of the role they are to play in Jehovah’s heavenly Kingdom, it is God’s will that they renounce and sacrifice any hope of life everlasting on earth.

I don't know where you picked up this idea from but it is all wrong and has zero biblical support. Firstly, The church's eternal home is in heaven and not on Earth, although we'll probably travel back and forth. The earthly paradise (the millennial era) is not eternal and will only be here until the NJ arrives sometime after the millennium. Of the two, I believe that heaven is the better reward. There is just no way in God's kingdom that any martyr's sacrifice loses there chance of eternal life. I'm sorry brother but that is just plain crazy!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess I'm not getting your point there Barney, I don't disagree with your synopsis up there :)

The point I was trying to make is when you don't exist you don't exist anywhere. In Heaven or anywhere else except in the mind of The True God if he has judged you worthy of a resurrection. So I don't believe you have a Spirit in heaven when you die, nor do I believe you have a spirit in Hades. I believe the scriptures are telling us that when you die if God has judged you worthy of a resurrection then you are simply remembered by God and therefore in his memory so, to him you still are living. If however God has judged you not worthy of a resurrection then you are not in The True God memory therefore you don't ever exist anywhere for eternity. I honestly believe that when the scriptures use words like Sheol, Hades, Hell, Lake of Fire, Gehenna, these are to be understood as being symbolic. Sheol, Hades and He'll simply represent the common grave of mankind. Anything or anyone consigned to, The Lake of Fire or Gehenna were not tortured but were simply destroyed out of existence for eternity. In other words The Lake of Fire and Gehenna represents what God is going to do to unrighteous persons whether spirit beings(Satan and his demons) or the humans who choose to follow Satan and his demons. Which is to destroy them out of existence, not torture them.

No, Jesus didn't reject all the doctrines of the Pharisees, he was giving them a good lambasting regarding the oppression they put upon their people because of their over-zealousness to the law, but the majority of their doctrines were straight from the OT. The italicized portion above is what I believe and what Jesus implied several times during his ministry.. The bible uses three words to describe the afterlife: G1067 - Gehenna, a place of eternal punishment, G5020 - Tartarus, the deepest abyss of Hades, incarcerated for torment. G86 - Hades, which is the word used in Luke 16. Hades is equivalent to the OT word Sheol. Hades has two parts, Tartarus for the evil ones and Paradise for the good ones. The reality of Paradise was confirmed by Christ on the cross.

I believe what you said above, that is the way the pagans believed (false religion). I disagree that Jesus believed or agreed with the pagans religion. While I agree that Hades was the equivalent of the OT word Sheol, I disagree however that Hades had two parts as you are saying, that is how the pagans believed. Tartarus I don't believe has anything to do with humans at all, but instead has to do with Satan and his demons. I'm not saying I believe Tartarus literally exists.
At 2 Peter 2:4, the use of the verb tar·ta·roʹo (to “cast into Tartarus”) does not signify that “the angels who sinned” were cast into the pagan mythological Tartarus (that is, an underground prison and place of darkness for the lesser gods). Rather, it indicates that they were abased by God from their heavenly place and privileges and were delivered over to a condition of deepest mental darkness respecting God’s bright purposes. Darkness also marks their own eventuality, which the Scriptures show is everlasting destruction along with their ruler, Satan the Devil. Therefore, Tartarus denotes the lowest condition of abasement for those rebellious angels.

I believe Gehenna to represent eternal destruction (eternally detroyed out of existence) not eternal torture as some conclude from eternal punishment. What The True God brought into existence He can destroy out of existence, so would The True God torture someone for eternity or simply destroy them out of existence for eternity.

I don't know where you picked up this idea from but it is all wrong and has zero biblical support. Firstly, The church's eternal home is in heaven and not on Earth, although we'll probably travel back and forth. The earthly paradise (the millennial era) is not eternal and will only be here until the NJ arrives sometime after the millennium. Of the two, I believe that heaven is the better reward. There is just no way in God's kingdom that any martyr's sacrifice loses there chance of eternal life. I'm sorry brother but that is just plain crazy!

I honestly believe that you believe in the way the pagans believed. That you don't really believe in death but it's just a door to another plane of existence, good or bad. I believe that when a person dies he/she actually is dead. Death is the opposite of life. If you are still living you are aware of your surroundings if you are dead you're not aware of your surroundings, because you have no awareness or consciousness. If you're judged by the True God worthy of a resurrection then you remain in the memory of God and He will resurrect you at the appointed time. If the True God Judges you unworthy of a resurrection you will remain in eternal non-existence.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The church which you speak of are the ones bought from among mankind to live in Heaven with Jesus. They are the ones who if faithful until death will get a resurrection like Jesus and will be rewarded with immortality and they will inherit incorruption. Yes, there home will be in heaven and they will also like Jesus be Kings, Priests and Judges, ruling over the Earth forever. Since they will rule over the Earth forever then that means that not only will Earth exist forever as God purposed it but humans, perfect humans will live on it forever one day as God purposed it. These perfect humans who will be living on Earth will be the subjects of God's kingdom. You say heaven is the better reward. So when God put Adam on Earth and heaven did exist then, are you saying God did Adam a disservice putting him on Earth? After all you say heaven is a better place right. You also say paradise earth wasn't supposed to be eternal so aren't you saying sin and death was supposed to happen too. After all that's the only reason why man isn't living in a paradise earth today.
Show me the scriptures that show that it wasn't God original purpose for paradise earth to exist forever. I'd like to see if that's true or if you've taken scriptures out of context.

Last edited:

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These perfect humans who will be living on Earth will be the subjects of God's kingdom.
Hi Barney, I don't think there will ever be any more perfect humans. Those who pass the sheep and goat judgment to enter the millennium still alive to repopulate the earth will not be perfect. A human will never achieve perfection until he dies and gets his new body at the resurrection or receives it in the rapture, however, the bible doesn't say what happens to those living, after the battle of Gog and Magog, at the end of the millennium once Satan is let loose for a while. Anything we think regarding that era is pure conjecture.

You say heaven is the better reward. So when God put Adam on Earth and heaven did exist then, are you saying God did Adam a disservice putting him on Earth? After all you say heaven is a better place right. Adam wasn't created for heaven, he was created for the earth and the earth was created for mankind. I believe Eden was as close to the reality of what heaven will be like, so one could say, when Adam was in the garden on earth he was experiencing heaven as well.

You also say paradise earth wasn't supposed to be eternal so aren't you saying sin and death was supposed to happen too. After all that's the only reason why man isn't living in a paradise earth today.
I don't think I actually said that. I said the millennial paradise-like earth will end when the new heavens and earth are formed and the NJ comes to earth's atmosphere. Were the failures supposed to happen, no, however, God knew that they would so he had our ultimate redemption planned out before the earth was even created.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Show me the scriptures that show that it wasn't God original purpose for paradise earth to exist forever.
There is no such thing as *paradise earth*. Paradise is now in the New Jerusalem which is in Heaven. However, there will be a New Earth and we are not given much detail. But Paradise is not coming back to earth.

2 CORINTHIANS 12
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth), such an one caught up to the third heaven... 4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. [Paul speaking about himself entering Paradise in Heaven]

Had Adam and Eve remained obedient, that could have been a different story.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I actually said that. I said the millennial paradise-like earth will end when the new heavens and earth are formed and the NJ comes to earth's atmosphere. Were the failures supposed to happen, no, however, God knew that they would so he had our ultimate redemption planned out before the earth was even created.

Hi Trekson, I honestly believe in the thousand year Reign of Jesus Christ mankind will go back toward perfection. You say that God knew Adam and eve would sin and therefore prepared the ultimate redemption plan, but doesn't that mean all this wickedness that started with Adam sinning down to today existed in the mind of God. If God foreordained and foreknew Adam’s sin and all that would result from this, it would mean that by creating Adam, God deliberately set in motion all the wickedness committed in human history. He would be the Source of all the wars, the crime, the immorality, the oppression, the lying, the hypocrisy, the disease. But the Bible clearly says: “You are not a God taking delight in wickedness.” (Ps. 5:4) “Anyone loving violence His soul certainly hates.” (Ps. 11:5) So I don't believe God looked into the future to see if Adam would sin,

There is no such thing as *paradise earth*. Paradise is now in the New Jerusalem which is in Heaven. However, there will be a New Earth and we are not given much detail. But Paradise is not coming back to earth.

God wanted
Earth to be made into paradise and I don't think A
2 CORINTHIANS 12
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth), such an one caught up to the third heaven... 4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. [Paul speaking about himself entering Paradise in Heaven]

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 CORINTHIANS 12

The scriptures tell us that whatever God purposes to do that is what will happen. It's obvious that it was God will or purpose for the Earth to be a paradise and perfect righteous mankind to live on Earth forever. God wanted Adam, therefore mankind to live forever on Earth because he didn't want Adam to eat of the tree of the knowledge of Good and bad. I don't think anyone can stop Gods purpose so one day I believe Earth will be a paradise with righteous perfect mankind will be living on it forever.