The Death of Lazarus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
imo the reader is the disciple Christ loved the most :)
I came that you might have a more abundant life

according to you and others but not according to the bible - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
No , i never have asked myself that question... Never even thought of the question... Probably because the answer seems so obvious to me...

John loved Jesus, without reservation, with his whole heart and followed him everwhere.. His love for Jesus was so great, that he overcame his fear, and was the only disciple to remain with HIM throughout His Passion.

The great love of John, is seen throughout his gospel and lettters...

Peace!

that was Lazarus as already shown - btw he made more conversions than any other - btw he was son to Jesus and Mary and was therefore most beloved imho - twinc

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that was Lazarus as already shown - btw he made more conversions than any other - btw he was son to Jesus and Mary and was therefore most beloved imho - twinc

No the beloved disciple is clearly John. You have not showed otherwise.

The beloved disciple is the one who rested his head on Jesus at the last supper. The twelve were the ones present at the supper. Lazarus was not of the twelve...
Ill let you find the references yourself....

Peace!

P.s. Jesus was not married and had no children.

Reactions: Helen

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
No the beloved disciple is clearly John. You have not showed otherwise.

The beloved disciple is the one who rested his head on Jesus at the last supper. The twelve were the ones present at the supper. Lazarus was not of the twelve...
Ill let you find the references yourself....

Peace!

P.s. Jesus was not married and had no children.

you keep getting your Apostles and disciples mixed - you keep saying Apostle but the bible says disciple so what you keep saying is not in the bible - btw the first Adam was the son of God and Jesus was the second Adam = this is also in your bible - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you keep getting your Apostles and disciples mixed - you keep saying Apostle but the bible says disciple so what you keep saying is not in the bible - btw the first Adam was the son of God and Jesus was the second Adam = this is also in your bible - twinc

Ha! twinc you are dodging and weaving , but you didn't answer his post! lol
John himself even tells us that he was the beloved disciple who leaned on the breast Jesus.

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
John himself even tells us that he was the beloved disciple on whose breast Jesus leaned.

no he does not - it has been imagined and thus accepted - dodging and weaving has already been done - I am busy undoing - tweinc

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hmmm.. I dont think i said apostle... But heres a tip for you...
The apostles were also disciples..

Peace!

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ahhhmmm, I think you's guys have missed Victory in Jesus's question altogether and gone down a blind alley.

Reactions: Helen

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm.. I dont think i said apostle... But heres a tip for you...
The apostles were also disciples..

Peace!

here is a tip for you - do not listen to yourself or what others just as flawed and fallen tell you - it does not say in the bible that John the Apostle is the beloved disciple but it does say Lazarus was and assuredly it says so in John 11:3 & 36 - Lazarus and his sisters fed Jesus once before and would be best suited to look after His mother imho - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no he does not - it has been imagined and thus accepted - dodging and weaving has already been done - I am busy undoing - tweinc

John 13:23
No one could have written this but John...the writer of the gospel.

22 "Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spake.
23 Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved."

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
John himself even tells us that he was the beloved disciple who leaned on the breast Jesus.

as a matter of fact John tells us who the beloved disciple is at Jn 11:3 and 11:36 -twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Gaod also has favourites = HE loves His son but hates the devil imho - twinc
so you say, but wadr you cannot Quote that anywhere, can you.
Seems legit tho huh; ida thought God hated satan too.
i think maybe when You are Love you prolly don't really hate anyone
Bible Search: God hates hated

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

I have given them the glory You have given Me

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
pretty sure now that "Lazarus" is just a way to refer to Hebrew priests in code, "Eleazer."
There are two Lazaruses, and two prominent Eleazers. What we haven't really broached here is the spiritual climate in Israel at the time; we assume a unified front of Hebrews, but really nothing could be further from the truth. They were fractured and in serious decline, w/at least ten major factions that i know of, and i don't know much here yet. But i guess the Kingdom of Israel was a hollow shell way before 70ad, the final revolt. I guess we would be crying too