The deep danger of politicizing Christianity. It simply reveals our deep need for revival.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just read this in an article this morning...It seems to line up with what you have stated...

“The mental condition he suffers most from is formally known as a severe instance of narcissistic personality disorder,” he added.

Dr Zinner said that the disorder “is the failure in childhood and beyond to develop an inner sense of worth or self-esteem,” and added that it “makes one’s worth entirely dependent upon admiration from others.”
( which would explain his constant compulsion to pat himself on the back ).

It is mind-boggling to me how Christians support this person... but it does say much about the state of America... There is nothing Christian about a nation that is all about ITSELF... America First... me... me... me. This in my opinion is all about MONEY... and POWER... That seems to be how America defines itself.

Are you speaking of Trump? The media will now paint you a horror story of who he is if you listen to them. What you are referring to as a mental disorder is his bravado. He is a New Yorker, and this is a "survival tool" every New Yorker knows for getting noticed.... "If you can make it there you can make it anywhere" as the old song puts it from Sinatra. I as an east coast transplant understand this bravado in him, and losing is not something he is accustomed to. Below the bravado is a humble man, hard to believe but true. This is the side of him he only shows to a few, and those who see this side of him are loyal to Him.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you speaking of Trump? The media will now paint you a horror story of who he is if you listen to them. What you are referring to as a mental disorder is his bravado. He is a New Yorker, and this is a "survival tool" every New Yorker knows for getting noticed.... "If you can make it there you can make it anywhere" as the old song puts it from Sinatra. I as an east coast transplant understand this bravado in him, and losing is not something he is accustomed to. Below the bravado is a humble man, hard to believe but true. This is the side of him he only shows to a few, and those who see this side of him are loyal to Him.

I was adding to a conversation I had yesterday with Ronald Nolette. I don't follow the media.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... I am not a history buff... I had to look up that information... and was surprised actually. I am not American... and I do not believe there is such a thing as a Christian nation... I also do not believe the Supreme Court has the authority to discern anything regarding Christian matters.

Regardless of why the document was written... IT was written and expresses the United States as NOT being a Christian nation. It is a legal document.

Once again we were not a "legal" christian nation in the sense of the European Countries which had a state religion.

but given teh enormous writings of many of the founders and the actions and lives- America was a Christian nation.

Once again not legally , where one would be punished for not being Christian, but government was in practice Christian and did not hide said reality.

1. Christian chaplains were paid for for the armed forces and Congress.
2. SCOTUS opened every session with prayer.
3. Govt. paid for the priniting and distribution of Bibles
4. States and towns paid the local churches to teach the children.
5. Most of teh founding charters of the colonies dedicated teh colony to the glory of God.
6. rthe first universities in America were seminaries (Yale, Harvard, Dartmouth)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just read this in an article this morning...It seems to line up with what you have stated...

“The mental condition he suffers most from is formally known as a severe instance of narcissistic personality disorder,” he added.

Dr Zinner said that the disorder “is the failure in childhood and beyond to develop an inner sense of worth or self-esteem,” and added that it “makes one’s worth entirely dependent upon admiration from others.”
( which would explain his constant compulsion to pat himself on the back ).

It is mind-boggling to me how Christians support this person... but it does say much about the state of America... There is nothing Christian about a nation that is all about ITSELF... America First... me... me... me. This in my opinion is all about MONEY... and POWER... That seems to be how America defines itself.

Nations should concern themselves with their citizens first and foremost. Trump righted many wrongs that have been foisted on America.

Bad treaties, bad trade practices, Europe unwilling to pay their rightful share in the defense of their own lands. Sanctioning nations that perpetrate theft on America. These are things a leader should tend ot.

We also give more money /capita in aid and help to nations around the world. We ship hundreds of thousands of trons of food as free aid as a nation yearly to struggling and starving nations.

americ ahas many many sins and I believe we are in judgment for them. Even though Trump is a huge narcissist, He did pretty good for America.

leaders of nations are about power and money. Trudeau is also a member of the Bilderberg's and the World Economic Forum (Davos group), and they are all about power and money.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
americ ahas many many sins and I believe we are in judgment for them. Even though Trump is a huge narcissist, He did pretty good for America.

leaders of nations are about power and money. Trudeau is also a member of the Bilderberg's and the World Economic Forum (Davos group), and they are all about power and money.

I deeply respect your answer... and I am well aware that as a Canadian... my government or country cannot remotely be called Christian. I do understand that there is a BIGGER agenda in all of this... and I am actually looking forward to this election getting resolved... I have never ever paid attention to politics until Mr. Trump came along... and for the last four years... I have been trying to figure out how this could be. Thank you for taking the time to explain things to me in a way that I could understand.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is mind-boggling to me how Christians support this person...
That's because you probably listen to (or read) the GARBAGE that is published by the mainstream media daily. Donald Trump has been under DAILY attack, and unless you are willing to shut down and shut out all the lying news sources, you will never know the true state of things.

Christians support Donald Trump because he is not a part of the Deep State and the Leftist conspiracy to destroy America. Indeed his slogan was *MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN* (MAGA), and he has done many things to reverse the destruction of America under evil Obama.

At the same time, Trump has allowed many Swamp dwellers and traitors to work in his administration, and undermine his efforts. Therefore we have a critical situation today, where a fraudulent president-elect is allowed to make noises instead of being behind bars. Obama, Biden, Clinton, etc should have all been arrested and charged with high crimes and misdemeanors (actually treason and sedition) when Trump took office. But that did not happen, and we know why.

Reactions: historyb

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I deeply respect your answer... and I am well aware that as a Canadian... my government or country cannot remotely be called Christian. I do understand that there is a BIGGER agenda in all of this... and I am actually looking forward to this election getting resolved... I have never ever paid attention to politics until Mr. Trump came along... and for the last four years... I have been trying to figure out how this could be. Thank you for taking the time to explain things to me in a way that I could understand.

YOu are welcome. I am grateful for such a civil and nice discussion.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's because you probably listen to (or read) the GARBAGE that is published by the mainstream media daily. Donald Trump has been under DAILY attack, and unless you are willing to shut down and shut out all the lying news sources, you will never know the true state of things.

The ONLY news source I listen to ( and have only done so these last few months to keep up with the covid updates in my province ) is the National.
I admit I do not know the true state of things... however... I have been in amazement these last four years at how this man has carried himself... how he has demeaned everyone who does not agree with him... How he has constantly had this need to over exaggerate and pat himself on the back... and how poorly he handled the pandemic... by denying its existence... and politicizing masks. That is what my opinion is based on. In my estimation... a narcissist is only capable of caring about themselves... Perhaps this was a QUALITY with regards to the tasks he had to accomplish.

I am in agreement that you indeed have a critical situation today... and on top of all that... there is the issue of the cyber attack/breach that is reported to possibly have occurred over 9 months ago... and there is a civil war brewing that is threatening to EXPLODE... THAT indeed is serious... My heart is NOT to put America down... I simply do not understand how a Hollywood celebrity and businessman made it to the position of president when he severely lacks proper communication skills.

Last edited by a moderator:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and politicizing masks

i Personally think wearing masks is perpetuating this illness not preventing it. The masks trap all manner of allergens and then keep them close to our face and we continually breath them in. I have to wear one for work but do not when I am at home, I feel fine at home, but after a day of wearing one at work, my nose is runny and my allergies are acting up, and i feel miserable.... anyone else the same way?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but after a day of wearing one at work, my nose is runny and my allergies are acting up, and i feel miserable.... anyone else the same way?

I have not had to endure a mask for a long period of time... but I do feel it keeps MY germs to myself... and other's germs away from me.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not had to endure a mask for a long period of time... but I do feel it keeps MY germs to myself... and other's germs away from me.
Even so! Back in the beginning of this thing, my wife, a retired seamstress, made few dozen reusable masks for us so that we could change them at least once them daily and then wash them along with our laundry. How long should a person wear any of his clothing before washing it? I would guess it depends upon the kind of work the person does and his/her particular life style. When I first married I worked in a manufacturing plant where every day all of my clothes were covered and filled with concrete dust, grease/oil and other dirt. I changed everything when I got home daily. Later when I worked at an office job, daily changing of every item was not so critical.

People generally don't want to wear masks all of the time or at all because it is not very comfortable. Some/many may speak of the government infringing on their rights as a citizen, but even though that is certainly involved, for many people, not wanting to wear a mask to me appears to be a very a selfish thing where the health of those around us is not as important to them as their this little bit of freedom from wearing a mask.

Before March of 2020 when we were almost never wearing a mask should we not have covered our mouths with hand or arm or handkerchief when we sneezed or coughed and others were in the same room with us?

Selfishness? What was the natural state of every man when he was born? As an infant, it was not an evil thing to cry for lack of nourishment or because he was are cold or in pain or uncomfortable because his diaper needed changing. As the child grew, he learned that crying could be used to obtain not only things necessary for minimal survival but to satisfy his desires. This last indicates the movement or growth of the child from simply to remain alive and be comfortable to selfishness.

Jesus was sent to us to show us a better way. He was sent to selfish people as a selfless person. Yet, he has the same physical needs and desires that every one of us do as a human being. How many of us are prepared to lay down our lives today for our brothers or for our neighbors? Jesus laid down his life for everyone? He gave up all the hope he had as a man of flesh and we...?

We, supposedly all Christ-like or striving to Christ-like and perhaps even calling ourselves Christ-like in taking on the label, Christian, won't consider that it could be a 'good' thing to wear a mask for the benefit of others.

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself." Phil 2:3

If we are then such experts that we know wearing mask does no one any good, then let us also throw away of handkerchiefs and stop covering our mouths and noses when we cough and sneeze.

Help us dear Lord to truly esteem others better than ourselves as You did when you lay down your life for us on Calvary!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People generally don't want to wear masks all of the time or at all because it is not very comfortable. Some/many may speak of the government infringing on their rights as a citizen, but even though that is certainly involved, for many people, not wanting to wear a mask to me appears to be a very a selfish thing where the health of those around us is not as important to them as their this little bit of freedom from wearing a mask.

Dear Gentle Amadeus... This is how I feel about the situation also... I am blessed because I do not have to work... and so my mask wearing is very limited and effortless really... I am more than happy to put my mask on when entering an enclosed public space... I am also finding myself saying thank you to many front line workers who have to deal with the public all day long.. I have become more aware of the spaces around me.. and I have become more reflective and grateful of how BLESSED I am.

Reactions: amadeus

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the face mask does nothing to prevent you from getting covid, even the CDC and WHO state this openly. What itis supposed to do is prevent droplets from those infected from spreading to others. The Problem is those droplets are transferred by touch as well, so when you touch your mask and then a surface you are infecting that surface also, and the tendency is to touch your face more when you wear a mask, placing it on, removing it and so forth. The mask just gives the false illusion of security. If you watch a medical professional use a mask they put it on, and then never touch it and then dispose of it afterward, But this is not how people wear masks, they reuse and adjust and touch their face all the time.

The mask also acts as an air filter. would you take the air filter out of your furnace and and breath through it? Think of all the allergens trapped in that filter, all this does is make you sicker. when your immune system is compromised is when you are more susceptible to disease, mask wearing makes those who wear them who have compromised lung problems worse off. If you have allergies, or lung problems in general you probably should not wear a mask. That and the fact that wearing a mask does nothing to prevent you from getting Covid, also tells me there is too much emphasis placed on this, and a false sense of security leads to carelessness on the part of those wearing the masks. Close to year of wearing masks now has done nothing to slow the spread of Covid. In Fact it is worse now than it would have been before, countries that are doing the best made no such demands of the people and did not play politics with the mask.

Reactions: Nancy

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What an interesting topic. I am truly on the fence with this one. I see where both sides are coming from.

Gids, I miss you!!

Reactions: Josho

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not sure how this will be received, but it must be said. The rift created by this election should scare the pants off of us, not because the party we are affiliated with may not like the results, nor because some are now talking about armed civil war (although that is truly disturbing) but because, ultimately, it reveals the terrible state of the church here in the U.S.

We as His body are called to be the salt of the earth, its 'preservative' from evil having free rein, but sadly, the truth is, we have become sucked into the earths death throlls and on each side of the argument, Christians have been deceived, each one convinced that satan is motivating the other side. The truth is, they are both right.

We as His eternal children, are not of the earth. We are simply sojourners, passers through, but we simply do not get that yet. This is not our home. It never was. I have seen posts here even recently talking about armed rebellion to send 'the left' to see satan. Good Lord, have mercy on us!

On the one side, you have those approving abortion, transgender treatment for kids, gay marriage and stopping support of Israel. On the other side, a leader willing to separate children from parent, one who lies constantly, a man who has no moral compass at all, who has an army of yes men to do his bidding no matter what laws he has to break to get his way. Conspiracy theories have been eaten up like candy, even when no proofs have been presented to substantiate them.

We have all been so overrun by lies and fake news that few have the wisdom to see what is happening. It truly is a terrifying time.

Both of these choices should send us to our knees but instead, multitudes have chosen sides and by doing so, are choosing evil, no matter which side they think is 'more' right. Both are evil and I pray we see that.

America is not God's bastion of truth in a world running amok. We are carnal, self-centered, doing what benefits us just like everyone else. God and patriotism will soon have to part ways and if any think they can keep one foot in each arena, they will soon have to make a choice. We cannot serve God and the god of this earth.

Perilous times are fast approaching. We cannot even fathom how close we are to the end. There is but one place of safety, on our knees, submitting to Him alone, begging Him to forgive us for our blindness and hardness of heart. God will abundantly pardon us and bring us to His place of safety, freed from the grip of our carnal natures and the sin that so easily besets us, but He is waiting on us, each one of us, to tell Him we need Him to rescue us from our carnal, earthly mindset.

In the early church, as Caesar was burning Christians to light His courtyard, as entire families were being fed to wild beasts to entertain the public, Christians did not fight back. They believed that whoever was the governing authority was appointed by God. It was not a stamp of approval on them. Do we understand that?

Now is the time when we need to revisit the verse that tells us:

2 Chronicles 7:14
King James Version

"14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

The question before us is..... will we admit our need, both collectively and individually, that it is OUR sin that needs to be confessed and healed? God has promised to heal our land.... not America, but the church itself, worldwide.

I do not think I can remember a time I have been more saddened by what I see happening to us as His people. Yes, we will have tribulation in the world. Yes, things are terrible and confusing and disheartening. But guys, for Jesus to return, these things MUST come to pass.

We are to overcome evil, but cannot do so until the evil is first subdued in us, in our own hearts. Our call is not to overcome evil with armed 'defense of the truth', no matter what we believe is the truth.

There is but ONE truth, Jesus Himself, and He does not need us defending Him. He needs us to submit to Him, fully, 100% surrender, for it is the only way we can overcome evil with good.

May God awaken us to our great need, for it is the only path to us having our eyes opened to how, despite the world rolling on towards destruction, we can walk faithful to Him all the way to the end.

Let us remember that the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. Let us cry out to our God for heavenly mindedness, eyes that have a laser focus on Christ. Evil men will wax worse and worse, both democrats and republicans. This world is rotting and the rot is coming towards the surface, infecting even those who are called to be part of the Bride. I pray eyes are opened to what satan's plan is and that we all flee into the safety of Christ's open arms.

blessings to all who are His children,

Gideon

Lord Jesus, have mercy upon your servant for such a poorly worded call to your children. Forgive us all Lord, mysrlf at the head of the line, for our self willed blindness to the truth of who we are and what our calling actually entails.

Let the blinders fall from our eyes that we might see the hope of our calling and the exceeding great power You have towards usward who believe.

Forgive each one of us for our part, big or small, in promoting our own kingdom at the expense of yours.

Restore us to full spiritual health, no matter the cost to us personally, and use us Lord in these last days, to save as many as possible from the destruction we know is coming.

Give us eyes that see past today, our past our own little worlds, or past the borders of our own country of residence. Let us see that ultimately, there is simply your will or ours and our call is full and absolute surrender. Amen.

‘Come out of her my people and be ye not partakers of her sins’

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

On the one side, you have those approving abortion, transgender treatment for kids, gay marriage and stopping support of Israel. On the other side, a leader willing to separate children from parent, one who lies constantly, a man who has no moral compass at all, who has an army of yes men to do his bidding no matter what laws he has to break to get his way. Conspiracy theories have been eaten up like candy, even when no proofs have been presented to substantiate them.

We have all been so overrun by lies and fake news that few have the wisdom to see what is happening. It truly is a terrifying time.

Both of these choices should send us to our knees but instead, multitudes have chosen sides and by doing so, are choosing evil, no matter which side they think is 'more' right. Both are evil and I pray we see that.

This highlights why I no longer belong to a major political party. Both of them have major issues which have led to a sharp divide in this country. 10 months after the election this country is still in turmoil.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the one side, you have those approving abortion, transgender treatment for kids, gay marriage and stopping support of Israel. On the other side, a leader willing to separate children from parent, one who lies constantly, a man who has no moral compass at all, who has an army of yes men to do his bidding no matter what laws he has to break to get his way

None of that is true.

That’s the fake news attacks on Trump.

Trumps actions have been to be the most pro life, pro Christian, pro Israel, and pro constitution president we’ve ever had.

He’s been the best president of the modern era.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hear the sound of thunder coming from the mountains
I see a sight of wonder springing up like fountains
I see the masses moving, moving to the center
I hear the feet apoundin', rushing to the Mentor

Revival is coming! Pray, saints, pray your hearts out!

Reactions: Curtis and Truther

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Both of them have major issues which have led to a sharp divide in this country. 10 months after the election this country is still in turmoil.
Agreed. Both political parties have betrayed America, its Constitution, and the rule of law. But what should be clearly understood is that as a reaction to Mr. Trump's term in office and their hatred for him, the Democrats have now committed themselves to the TOTAL DESTRUCTION of the USA and the installation of a Marxist/Communist tyranny in Washington, D.C. And there is little or no opposition to this treason.

Gideon has tried to blame Christians for this, but that is total nonsense. Genuine Christians are a very small fraction of the total population and their influence is minimal. What we need to see is how Satan and his demons have taken control of the Leftists in America, and caused them to hate the country to which they belong, while promoting hatred of Donald Trump on a daily basis. Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a real mental aberration which has caused people to abandon rationality and all ethics.

At the same time the Supreme Court and the justice system have failed to uphold the Constitution and the rule of law. There is absolutely no question that the last election was totally corrupted by the Democrats so that Biden could win fraudulently. The Supreme Court refused to step forward and deal with this huge crime against America (and by extension the world). Therefore America has descended into chaos and tyranny within a matter of months.

So who is ultimately responsible? Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Barrett, and Pence. Four individuals who could have changed the course of history, but refused to do what was necessary. These traitors should have been locked up by now, along with Obama, Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer, and that whole gang of Leftist thugs working against America and Americans. But since the DOJ, FBI, and the military have also been corrupted, nothing has been done to put things right. Radical Islam and the Taliban have won a huge victory after all the lives that were sacrificed for nothing, and all the billions of dollars which were poured into Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq for the past 20 years. A TOTAL AND UNMITIGATED DISASTER!

Reactions: marks