The Definition of "Integrity"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would define "integrity" as "having repented of one's sin."

Some apparently believe it's impossible to repent of their sin. How do they define "integrity"?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would define "integrity" as "having repented of one's sin."

Some apparently believe it's impossible to repent of their sin. How do they define "integrity"?
To repent for me means to change my ways. This is what God expects of us and He has made it a possibility. God does not change, but He wants us to approach Him. To do so we must change.

Ex 33:18And he said, I beseech thee, show me thy glory.
Ex 33:19And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
Ex 33:20And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
Ex 33:21And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
Ex 33:22And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
Ex 33:23And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Moses could not then see His face, but can we now approach a face to face encounter with Him?
1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
When iis then?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To repent for me means to change my ways. This is what God expects of us and He has made it a possibility. God does not change, but He wants us to approach Him. To do so we must change.

Ex 33:18And he said, I beseech thee, show me thy glory.
Ex 33:19And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
Ex 33:20And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
Ex 33:21And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
Ex 33:22And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
Ex 33:23And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Moses could not then see His face, but can we now approach a face to face encounter with Him?
1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
When iis then?
If "repent" means "to change my ways," it can be either a good thing or a bad thing. I suspect Jesus wants us to change for the better.

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Integrity means honesty, righteousness and even people who are not Christian can have integrity.

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great question.

To me integrity means having a set of good values and sticking to them even when it may not be to your own benefit. For example, say someone with integrity finds a lost wallet with a bunch of cash in it; and maybe that person is about to get evicted from his home and could really use the money. His integrity will make him stay true to his principles of honesty and not stealing. People with integrity are generally trustworthy because you know they'll do what they say they will do. Someone with no integrity will do whatever they think is in their own best interest. Politicians are great examples of people with no integrity; they just test the wind to see what direction it's blowing then go with the flow.