The destruction of Australian bush

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Im not a greeny. But i don't want to see pollution in our air and water either...

Down here, in the island state of Tasmania, the logging industry is obviously big and the management i have witnessed in many areas are alarming...

Regrowth... Brilliant idea... Necessary if you want a sustainable logging industry... BUT...
They're re growing using pine trees... Thats no good... There are large sections of bush thats unrecognizable to me and to our animals...

The Aussie bush is beautiful and unique... Eucalyptus plants of many species dominate our landscape... Found only here, many are known locally as gum trees
These unique plants feed a unique wildlife that is only found here. In Australia.
Animals that have become famous around the world...

If they regrew Australia with pine trees then all our native animals would die off...
Look at the beautiful creatures God put on this piece of land down here called Australia...

Many species of gorgeous rosellas, with their brilliant colours. Endemic to Australia
Blue cheek and white cheek species... The green blue cheek is found only in Tasmania
ed8908e46992eccae7bc424e1f2fad00.jpg

There is a stunning array of beautiful birds that feed off eucalyptus flowers, nuts and seeds... Pine trees are no use to them... As a keen lover of birds, this makes me extremely angry and sad...

Is there a cuter scene that an koala with her baby???
r0_13_1127_749_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

How about a koala with triplets... Awww... How cute are they...
But the koala can't eat pine needles, pine nuts or pine cones. It has a strict diet...
Gum leaves and only gum leaves of some trees

Cockatoos are beautiful and very intelligent parrots... And there are many species.
Uniquely defined by their crests, their only found in Australia
d2f03d4196d3c924a89e38ed8e131942.jpg

Kangaroos, wallabys, pademelons and all the other cute animals that jump around... They feed on native grasses that are unable to grow beneath the litter of pine needles on the ground
animals_hero_marsupial_0.jpg

Another adorable scene... A mother roo and joey in her pouch...
Awwww how cute...

Along with koalas, many of Australias mammals are marsupials...
Uniquely Australian, marsupials are defined by their pouches, where the young are raised on the mothers milk.

All of these guys and many more of Gods wonderful creatures rely on the Aussie bush.
I feel blessed whenever i see them in the wild.
There must be a better effort to conserve the bush and regrow it properly with native plant species down here in Tassie

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Reggie Belafonte @Jay Ross

Is logging an issue in Queensland?

@Backlit @marksman @Josho

All you guys live close to the Victorian bush... Have you seen areas re grown with pine trees?
I never did...

But it could be hidden... From the main roads here all looks well until you take a gravel road over the ridge and see a desolate wasteland thats been logged or a foreign landscape full of pine trees

Tasmania has trees that are only found here... Absolute giants, some of the tallest on earth
Tasmanian oak, Huon pine, Tasmanian ashwood and other such endemic trees must be very expensive compare to cheap pine...

Their doing a disservice to the bush down here and its sad...
A small island like such has a fragile eco system than can be easily disturbed

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

All you guys live close to the Victorian bush... Have you seen areas re grown with pine trees?
I never did...

But it could be hidden... From the main roads here all looks well until you take a gravel road over the ridge and see a desolate wasteland thats been logged or a foreign landscape full of pine trees

Tasmania has trees that are only found here... Absolute giants, some of the tallest on earth
Tasmanian oak, Huon pine, Tasmanian ashwood and other such endemic trees must be very expensive compare to cheap pine...

Ah, I saw that sight in Tassie, there's logging near where I am, but it's kind of a hidden site, I haven't found it.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aussie could do with more pine. Timber shortage at moment. There no building going on... Housing has come to a standstill in many places because builders can't get timber. And there very little coming from overseas.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I get what you are saying about the creatures that depends on certain native species though. Pine is used because it's fast growing. Many native trees take a hundred years or more to mature, where pine in NZ takes 20-25. Such growth sustains the timber industry and no cost to NZ wildlife because there wasn't any to begin with. Different story here I guess. There is some wildlife here though I would not be sad to see disappear. My neighbor found a scorpion wandering around the house a couple days ago.

Reactions: APAK

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I never did...

Logging has always been an issue in QLD, NSW has always been smarter managed from all that I have talked with involved with the industry.
I ridden through much Pine areas and seen the fields bare as well after the harvest, not nice to see.

Around hear I have seen plenty of people dumping rubbish out in the bush, dumping asbestos even in huge amounts, people driving 4x4's and tossing out rubbish at will with no regard shits me off. broken bottles and needles that drug people just toss with no regard at all.

I am not a fan of the people who keep kangaroos at all, such should all be tagged and if they do damage to cars etc or people they should be sued totally and for breeding a total pest. hang the people who breed them if someone gets killed of injured badly. :eek: just saying, maybe that will wake them up to be responsible. I get were they are coming from but there is a bigger picture than they are willing to see. as with everything.
The mulga has to be burnt etc etc their are bigger issues that are not even exposed on TV a lot of the Gum trees are dying due to a bug as the bell birds are too many and other imported birds are killing our natives. a mate was plugging them miner birds, now that he has gone we have plague of them here.

I think things can be much better managed as to all aspects, but our governments are not up to it, only stupid greenies get in the way mainly with stupid ideas and it all gets bogged down and goes no were, because they are not realistic and just rant and rave about so much pathetic nonsense, they are not truly serious people they are just yobbos and idiots. we have professors on subjects and the watermelons do not listen to such, they just want to lock everything up in total ignorance. I could go on and on about them.

If we had a healthy rational debates all would be fine but you get the radicals on the left and the radicals on the right winning the battles and the rational centre gets totally dismissed. big money of both the power of the far left and far right work to dominate over the issues and shaft all. not to mention that both such can be in cahoots behind the deals and playing us all for mugs.
Where big money is to be had their is always corruption going on, to be sure to be sure.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Huon and Celery Top are just two types of pine trees indigenous to Australia. Could those be the trees being planted in Tasmania?
https://tasmania.com/things-to-do/trees-and-plants/
Growing a Better Australia – A Billion Trees for Jobs and Growth - Department of Agriculture

Australia

It's actually pretty good how they get Huon Pine in Tassie, that type of tree at the moment is protected, but they still get Huon Pine, from memory what they do is there are actually fallen Huon Pine trees and logs in the Huon River, and they get the fallen Huon pine out of the river.

That way no Huon Pine trees get cut down, but they are still able to get Huon Pine.

It's definitely a very beautiful timber though, and expensive too.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aussie could do with more pine. Timber shortage at moment. There no building going on... Housing has come to a standstill in many places because builders can't get timber. And there very little coming from overseas.

Pine is cheap stuff... Import it... Don't replace the bush with it

Reactions: APAK

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Huon and Celery Top are just two types of pine trees indigenous to Australia. Could those be the trees being planted in Tasmania?
Trees and Plants in Tasmania | Tasmania Travel Guide
Growing a Better Australia – A Billion Trees for Jobs and Growth - Department of Agriculture

Australia

Yes that right actually... I didn't think there were any pine trees endemic to Australia before i learnt about Huon

Go to google images and you will see the shape of those trees aren't like xmas tree, the leaves aren't like needles and they don't have pine cones either... The pine trees their planting are the ones from Nth America...

I looked at those links... Propaganda... "Creating jobs" is always the first thing you hear...
Every 2nd long truck that you see here is a logging truck
I understand the need for materials but there is a right way to do it and a bad way to do it...
Replacing endemic plants for foreign ones is the worse way to do it

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I get what you are saying about the creatures that depends on certain native species though. Pine is used because it's fast growing. Many native trees take a hundred years or more to mature, where pine in NZ takes 20-25. Such growth sustains the timber industry and no cost to NZ wildlife because there wasn't any to begin with. Different story here I guess. There is some wildlife here though I would not be sad to see disappear. My neighbor found a scorpion wandering around the house a couple days ago.

I have an idea... An old idea i had after returning from New Zealand... Let's claim it... Make it a state of Australia... :p
And... We'll use it just to grow pine... :D
Big Maoris make good lumberjacks... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Amazed@grace

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's actually pretty good how they get Huon Pine in Tassie, that type of tree at the moment is protected, but they still get Huon Pine, from memory what they do is there are actually fallen Huon Pine trees and logs in the Huon River, and they get the fallen Huon pine out of the river.

That way no Huon Pine trees get cut down, but they are still able to get Huon Pine.

It's definitely a very beautiful timber though, and expensive too.

Have u been here before? Your right about retrieving fallen Huon from the water...

There is a little war between fisheries here and logging...
They flooded Lake Pedder and Lake Strathgordon to build hydro power stations... But...
Its full of Huon... The stuff must be like gold cos now they wat to dredge the lakes for this Huon pine... But
Fisheries have staked the lakes with trout and don't want their habitat to be disturbed...
Local politics

There is also debate over how old these trees really are and how long they take to grow

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have u been here before? Your right about retrieving fallen Huon from the water...

There is a little war between fisheries here and logging...
They flooded Lake Pedder and Lake Strathgordon to build hydro power stations... But...
Its full of Huon... The stuff must be like gold cos now they wat to dredge the lakes for this Huon pine... But
Fisheries have staked the lakes with trout and don't want their habitat to be disturbed...
Local politics

There is also debate over how old these trees really are and how long they take to grow

Yeah, I went to Strahan a few years ago, wonderful spot, the Harbour there is many times bigger than the Sydney Harbour, and it's better too of course :p.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, I went to Strahan a few years ago, wonderful spot, the Harbour there is many times bigger than the Sydney Harbour, and it's better too of course :p.

Cmon man the Sydney Harbour can't be compared to... Famous world wide... The bridge... The Opera house

U just went to Strahan? No where else? Why? Its fairly isolated out there in the west and the harbour is only navigable by boat or 4wd i think

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Im not a greeny. But i don't want to see pollution in our air and water either...

Down here, in the island state of Tasmania, the logging industry is obviously big and the management i have witnessed in many areas are alarming...

Regrowth... Brilliant idea... Necessary if you want a sustainable logging industry... BUT...
They're re growing using pine trees... Thats no good... There are large sections of bush thats unrecognizable to me and to our animals...

The Aussie bush is beautiful and unique... Eucalyptus plants of many species dominate our landscape... Found only here, many are known locally as gum trees
These unique plants feed a unique wildlife that is only found here. In Australia.
Animals that have become famous around the world...

If they regrew Australia with pine trees then all our native animals would die off...
Look at the beautiful creatures God put on this piece of land down here called Australia...

Many species of gorgeous rosellas, with their brilliant colours. Endemic to Australia
Blue cheek and white cheek species... The green blue cheek is found only in Tasmania
ed8908e46992eccae7bc424e1f2fad00.jpg

There is a stunning array of beautiful birds that feed off eucalyptus flowers, nuts and seeds... Pine trees are no use to them... As a keen lover of birds, this makes me extremely angry and sad...

Is there a cuter scene that an koala with her baby???
r0_13_1127_749_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

How about a koala with triplets... Awww... How cute are they...
But the koala can't eat pine needles, pine nuts or pine cones. It has a strict diet...
Gum leaves and only gum leaves of some trees

Cockatoos are beautiful and very intelligent parrots... And there are many species.
Uniquely defined by their crests, their only found in Australia
d2f03d4196d3c924a89e38ed8e131942.jpg

Kangaroos, wallabys, pademelons and all the other cute animals that jump around... They feed on native grasses that are unable to grow beneath the litter of pine needles on the ground
animals_hero_marsupial_0.jpg

Another adorable scene... A mother roo and joey in her pouch...
Awwww how cute...

Along with koalas, many of Australias mammals are marsupials...
Uniquely Australian, marsupials are defined by their pouches, where the young are raised on the mothers milk.

All of these guys and many more of Gods wonderful creatures rely on the Aussie bush.
I feel blessed whenever i see them in the wild.
There must be a better effort to conserve the bush and regrow it properly with native plant species down here in Tassie

I think I recall from my last visit, there is a pine plantation somewhere in the middle of the native Australian bush in Tassie, probably just a bit after Waratah to the Southern direction, maybe even a bit further, looked like quite a bit of destruction there.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cmon man the Sydney Harbour can't be compared to... Famous world wide... The bridge... The Opera house

U just went to Strahan? No where else? Why? Its fairly isolated out there in the west and the harbour is only navigable by boat or 4wd i think

Haha, you know why..... :rolleyes:

You should check out though, it's a really nice little town, I won't say much more, I might spoil the secret, even though it's not much of a secret really, it's probably too far from anywhere else for the average person though.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have an idea... An old idea i had after returning from New Zealand... Let's claim it... Make it a state of Australia... :p
And... We'll use it just to grow pine... :D
Big Maoris make good lumberjacks... :)
Pushing it mate...lol......GO All Blacks and forever Kiwi and not Aussie runner ups
.go back to adobe houses of mud, If constructed correctly they are fireproof, lowers heat transfer costs, natural (GREEN) and can look very attractive and appealing....there's not much$$ to be made in it so they don't do it

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Haha, you know why..... :rolleyes:

You should check out though, it's a really nice little town, I won't say much more, I might spoil the secret, even though it's not much of a secret really, it's probably too far from anywhere else for the average person though.

What secret? I went to Strahan, ive been everywhere now in Tassie

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I recall from my last visit, there is a pine plantation somewhere in the middle of the native Australian bush in Tassie, probably just a bit after Waratah to the Southern direction, maybe even a bit further, looked like quite a bit of destruction there.

It is. Ive been here almost 3 months now and been just about everywhere and spoken to heaps of locals as well who aren't happy about it either.
Animals are coming out of the forest and down into farm land