The destruction of Australian bush

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
U would think it would be common sense but unfortunately people bring politics and money into it
Money,politics, are synonymous unfortunately.
It's disgusting.

Will Rogers, an American actor from long ago said, buy land they ain't making it anymore.

Now we have people who buy land because they think it is expendable because their greed knows no bounds.
I would wonder how such people live with themselves but their smart aleck answer would likely be, very well thank you.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I might spoil the secret

There is no secret about Strahan...
Its a beautiful town on the wild west coast, surrounded by bush and built on mining and fishing industries

I think "hidden" is the word your looking for... Isolated and hidden

Unless your talking about THE secret...
But i don't reckon u would know THE secret anyway...
Only locals know THE secret...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no secret about Strahan...
Its a beautiful town on the wild west coast, surrounded by bush and built on mining and fishing industries

I think "hidden" is the word your looking for... Isolated and hidden

Unless your talking about THE secret...
But i don't reckon u would know THE secret anyway...
Only locals know THE secret...

Well I guess you will have to find out for yourself.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man even if i did have control of New Zealand i wouldn't ever fill it with pine.
Its got its own unique eco system, the silver fern, the kiwi...
Ok agreed, how about doing the pine growing on another Island, like the one off Oz that faces NZ. The Tas devils are tearing the place up as it is....lol

NZ does have some very unique ecosystems indeed. Hate to see them all disappear....Did you go the S. Island to Lake Wanaka and see the lonely willow tree there? Pretty sight...

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The area around Lake Wanaka and further south, where the land is relatively flat, has been settled by people of Scottish descent, and their trademark is to strip the land of all trees. It is luck to even find one. A bit like the four leaf clover.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The area around Lake Wanaka and further south, where the land is relatively flat, has been settled by people of Scottish descent, and their trademark is to strip the land of all trees. It is luck to even find one. A bit like the four leaf clover.
Sad, although truth in what you say

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Further south there are..
Auckland islands... Stewart island... Campbell islands...
Not sure anyone lives down there but
They're a community on Stewart island, and I believe one of two park ranger scientist type observers on the Auckland island. Too cold barren exposed and distant for anyone else. Campbell island even further south... Almost antarctic

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yep. I spent 15 years working in the dairy industry. Some farmers, wanting to stock as highly as possible will cut down every tree in sight in order to grow more grass. Not so bad in the south island where the cooler climate requires less shelter from the sun, but I worked in the north and felt sorry for the cows in 30c heat trying to use each other for shelter from the sun. Totally unfair.
But the other extreme is housing all the cows in massive sheds and feeding them crap all day turning them into nothing but milking machines.
After working with animals you very soon realise they have personalities, character, and intelligence. You have turn off all your own personal sensibilities and compassion to use animals as simple money machines. I grew very tired of that industry and felt great relief to get out of it.