The Difference Between Fundamentalist (SOME) and The Rest Of Us.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good post.

In a nut shell would you say that fundamentalist are all head and no heart?
The ones I have rubbed shoulders with are...all works and no faith.
And most have no idea at all or vision of the works and moving of the Holy Spirit.

I think that which divides fundamentalist and non -fundamentalist is "being led by the Spirit."
They may understand the meaning of the Word but that have no understanding of the Spirit of the Word.
ie they say- "any verse just means what it means, the Spirit does not mean anything else through that verse."

But then again, maybe my understanding of fundamentalists is different.
Spot on dear ByGrace you got it in one, as to the ones that I know personally.
I am sure that many must be different to them.
But I have never seen the Grace of the Holy Spirit in them that I know, it's all dictating to ya that you must believe this and that, as they demand it be seen their way and never listen to me ever or try to twist everything around games and I only exist to be told what to do and say for them like some lap dog, in their mind.
And I am like listen boy I know the Bible better than you do by far and they are not fooling me at all with all there games. now I am gentle with them at all times but boy do they get angry real quick, why the anger display I ask my self, oh they don't see you playing along with them that's why.
They don't want me around as all they are looking for is stooges who blindly follow them along and it's all about making sure that the State that is claiming to be Israel is served totally and with out question, it's all about that the Jews must totally dominate over the world, so they say ? but that is not the game plan, it's all about the Talmud whores control over the whole world and noting to do with the real Jewish religion at all, they are going to kill them all.
The game play is that they claim to idolise the Jewish Race but they truly don't in fact as that is just a ruse, it's all about the Talmud's control and power that they truly idolise. they are like the Golden Calf mob who tried to kill Holy Moses and only served Satan who is their Father a murderer from the beginning.
This mate has fallen for it all now, he now claims Sodomy is ok now and all the dribble that churches are peddling nowadays with this back peddling on the subject, like as if Christianity got it wrong for 2000 years, he is promoting we are all sinners you know ? but I say yes but the wagers of sin is death and they are a death culture. it's is they who will bring our Nations down because they truly reject Jesus Christ in fact and I can see it's works.
All Satanist mock Jesus Christ and they who are looking for the 2ed coming come across as if they must of totally of missed the first, because they only pay him lip service to be sure and nothing other and that's a fact.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
'Behold, for peace I had great bitterness:
but Thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption:
for Thou hast cast all my sins behind Thy back.'

(Isaiah 38:17)

Hello @jshiii,

Would you please define what you perceive a 'Fundamentalist' to be? and why you believe you are justified in vilifying them here?

If God cast the sins of Nehemiah 'behind' His back, surely we can also say the same. If He remembers them no more, why then should we? Is it not a denial of His forgiveness, to keep on bringing them before His face.

I am a sinner who has been saved by the mercy and grace of God, on the basis of the sacrificial work of Christ His Son, on my behalf. I will glory in that fact.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
JI Packer wrote an interesting book: 'Fundamentalism and the Word of God', IVP.

Reactions: charity

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spot on !:)

I don't like the fundies much at all, it's a creep show and come across as very Nazi like too me, that's the ones who claim that they are such to me in the flesh that I know of but sure under such a heading as such there can be a huge difference between one and the other types.

I believe that we all have fundamental position, maybe a foundational-ist could be a more to the point of what we should be about, as everything that we believe must have a solid foundation to build on and my so called fundie mate and his gurus that control him like a dog are extremely controlling, they come across to me as dictating ranting nuts and love only to bully people that what they say is fact, but I find them to be extremely worldly and they have so many plans that are truly just on a mans works in fact and I can see straight through such nonsense.

Now they will say a lot of things but that's all that they do, say things like for one, they say they are against works based religion but the fact is that they are totally immersed in such them selves, but they can't see it:rolleyes:. not to mention that they have no Grace for one ! and they are full of anger and hate and that's why they claim to want to rule with a rod of iron, clearly that is their game plan. not to mention rant and rave about topics that they don't truly understand and are constantly attacking with just blind vengeance other Christian religions esp the RCC. Now I don't mind such but really some of what they say proves that they are possessed by Satan, as they truly love to lie and slander and one of the most disgusting things about them is that they idolise the Anti-Christ so called Jews.
Anyone who does not understand that the Jews are in fact Anti-Christ must be possessed by Satan, because no Christian could be so stupid not to understand this fact.

I am sure that their is good fundamentalist out their but it's not the type that I have come across in person, they only want to dictate to me and they will never sit down and listen to me truly at all openly, as that is not their game as they only push indoctrination and never education.
They are just like the Islamist and the Jews and Jehovah witnesses, Mormons etc that they only peddle a mans works religion, trying to brain wash their victims, you must this and we all believe this and that :eek::(o_O:rolleyes::oops: and when they realise that they can not play you they get angry and will not sit down but get up and walk off. but they have come to see me and I will talk with them till the cows come home, but it's their religion that they are bound too and not Jesus Christ and that's a fact.
I agree, but I have to admit that I too am somewhat of a "fundie". We all do like to have "all our ducks in a row". But as to how we share that which we have learned of God's concepts, about His own words (Isaiah 55:8-9), our approach is to be that of love, and not that of "storm trooper".

Its very easy to be a "storm trooper" with Matthew 5:19-20, until one learns a very important, but overlooked lesson in verse 19.
Because of verse 20, both the "least" and the "great" are in the KoG/KoH together, by having faith in the Righteousness of Christ, and nothing more.
[19] Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
[20] For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

There is only One Person's Righteousness that ever exceeded the righteousness of the Pharisees, and that is Christ!

Reactions: jshiii and charity

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritually speaking, concerning Matthew 5:19-20, that same understanding is easily related to in Isaiah 65:17-24.
Specifically [24] And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
[25] The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw (Jesus is the one food) like the bullock: and dust (the unsaved natural man) shall be the serpent's (satan's) meat (desire).
They shall not hurt nor destroy (each other) in all my holy mountain (the KoH/KoG) saith the LORD.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Behold, for peace I had great bitterness:
but Thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption:
for Thou hast cast all my sins behind Thy back.'

(Isaiah 38:17)

Hello @jshiii,

Would you please define what you perceive a 'Fundamentalist' to be? and why you believe you are justified in vilifying them here?

If God cast the sins of Nehemiah 'behind' His back, surely we can also say the same. If He remembers them no more, why then should we? Is it not a denial of His forgiveness, to keep on bringing them before His face.

I am a sinner who has been saved by the mercy and grace of God, on the basis of the sacrificial work of Christ His Son, on my behalf. I will glory in that fact.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Jer. 31[34] And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity,
and I will remember their sin no more.

John 1[29] The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Reactions: charity

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In a nut shell would you say that fundamentalist are all head and no heart?
That would be an unfair and incorrect observation. Genuine fundamentalists are also seriously committed to the salvation of souls and the planting of churches, and that takes heart. "Heart" does not equate to emotionalism and jumping up and down in the aisles.

As we go through the Gospels and the life of Christ, we see little or no emotionalism on display. But we do see the heart of God.

Reactions: 4Jesus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
A Fundamentalist (some, not all) worst nightmare...confessing their sin in the light
word.
"Confession" sure seems to be a dirty one to them huh
4. I'm guilty of being obsessed with Jesus Christ as my Savior. (Oops, that is not a sin)
dont be too sure lol; "Jesus Cult" is how most of us come to "Jesus" now; over "Christ" imo

Reactions: jshiii

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be an unfair and incorrect observation. Genuine fundamentalists are also seriously committed to the salvation of souls and the planting of churches, and that takes heart. "Heart" does not equate to emotionalism and jumping up and down in the aisles.

As we go through the Gospels and the life of Christ, we see little or no emotionalism on display. But we do see the heart of God.
I think the real issue is:
Its not WHAT am I doing for Jesus, but rather WHAT is Jesus doing through me.

Mat. 7[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the real issue is: Its not WHAT am I doing for Jesus, but rather WHAT is Jesus doing through me.
It is not an either/or proposition at all. Both things are applicable at the same time.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree, but I have to admit that I too am somewhat of a "fundie". We all do like to have "all our ducks in a row". But as to how we share that which we have learned of God's concepts, about His own words (Isaiah 55:8-9), our approach is to be that of love, and not that of "storm trooper".

Its very easy to be a "storm trooper" with Matthew 5:19-20, until one learns a very important, but overlooked lesson in verse 19.
Because of verse 20, both the "least" and the "great" are in the KoG/KoH together, by having faith in the Righteousness of Christ, and nothing more.
[19] Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
[20] For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

There is only One Person's Righteousness that ever exceeded the righteousness of the Pharisees, and that is Christ!
What are you saying, that no one can exceed that of the Pharisees ? but for Christ Jesus, I would think that all born again Christians have.
Only worldly people are under the Pharisees because they are lost.

Reactions: jshiii and 4Jesus

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A fundamentalist is a person who holds as literally to the Bible as possible. Of course, we know that if our eyes cause us to lust, we will not pluck them out, as Jesus recommended, so there remains a need to rightly dividing the word of truth among us all. They are, to a great degree, continuationists. Fundamentalists do not believe that anything stopped after the resurrection of Jesus Christ, that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Certainly, they understand the differences between old and new testament covenants, but realize, at the same time, that ALL Scripture is given by the inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction.

None of the gifts were taken away from the church at any time following Jesus' death and the coming of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. All ministerial offices listed in Eph. 4 remain. There are still apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers and evangelists. Miracles still take place according to God's will and timing. A person can and should speak in tongues every day, as Paul encouraged when he said that he spoke in tongues more than them all.

The belief that when that which is in part is done away with does not mean a loss of any gift or trait of the Holy Spirit, for as Joel prophesied, and it came to pass, the Spirit of God has fallen upon all flesh; that is, those who believe and received. Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed? we are all asked in Scripture.

Sure, there are loads of happenings that have taken place in the Pentecostal/Charismatic groups that are extreme, even deeply misguided, but God is in the business of bringing balance, and it will come, hopefully to deliver those whose lives are saturated with the seeking of signs. Signs should follow believers, not believers follow signs.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
word.
"Confession" sure seems to be a dirty one to them huh

dont be too sure lol; "Jesus Cult" is how most of us come to "Jesus" now; over "Christ" imo

I agree with you on "Jesus Cult", until the Holy Spirit shows me otherwise. It's kinda like some are making Christianity more into a Religion Of Steps. Very Sad. Satan and his Army are desperate! They are gonna pervert the true love of Christ with as many LIES as they can. Their time is short.

Reactions: bbyrd009

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How much do you really know about King David and his emotionalism? He gets wild and crazy quite a few times, especially when he repents. Have you ever seen David dance?

David is a man after God's own Heart.

By the way I'm very conservative and I do not like to dance! lol

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I agree with you on "Jesus Cult", until the Holy Spirit shows me otherwise. It's kinda like some are making Christianity more into a Religion Of Steps. Very Sad. Satan and his Army are desperate! They are gonna pervert the true love of Christ with as many LIES as they can. Their time is short.
dunno about personifying satan or time much, but i liked your basic point :)

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much do you really know about King David and his emotionalism? He gets wild and crazy quite a few times, especially when he repents. Have you ever seen David dance?

David is a man after God's own Heart.
dunno about personifying satan or time much, but i liked your basic point :)

When I ever speak of Satan, I mean in the spiritual realms and the mind (however he cannot read our thoughts), does that make sense?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When I ever speak of Satan, I mean in the spiritual realms and the mind (however he cannot read our thoughts), does that make sense?
well, imo "desperate" is the provence of ego, was my point there. I mean i know we, being human, have to manfacture some mental icon to rep spirits, satan has red skin and a pointy tail and a pitchfork, like that...but i doubt these memes are going to ever actually manifest? Iow functinally speaking imo there is no "he"

Last edited: