The Doctrine of Purgatory in Catholic Biblical Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - refute the Catholic position on 2 Cor. 3:10-15.
Don't introduce other passages until you have refuted this interpretation.

THAT'S how a debate works . . .
Now wait a minute, that is how cherry picking works. Scripture is to be interpreted in light of all of Scripture. YOu can't say we are only looking at this passage and nothing else.

Reactions: Ezra

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - refute the Catholic position on 2 Cor. 3:10-15.
Don't introduce other passages until you have refuted this interpretation.

THAT'S how a debate works . . .
you DO NOT LAY THE RULES OUT...i have done refuted had you just read... go back to the porch while the big dogs run .iuse passages that backs up hat i say .

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now wait a minute, that is how cherry picking works. Scripture is to be interpreted in light of all of Scripture. YOu can't say we are only looking at this passage and nothing else.
its his toys and he dont like it so he is taking his toys and going home lol

Reactions: reformed1689

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've not lied at all on this forum.
We don't have to lie to defend our position, they do. And they have to accuse us at every turn of all kinds of things that we have not done.

This particular individual can't complete a sentence without insulting or demeaning someone. Which is why its impossible to have any sort of rational dialogue.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
R.I.P LAST PERSON OUT TURN THE LIGHTS OUT LOL it's been fun and real but not real fun lol well maybe a little lol

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've not lied at all on this forum.
You absolutely lied - and I exposed you for it.

YOU stated that Pope Leo ordered the SELLING of Indulgences. You even produced a document that supposedly "proved" this.
I exposed you for lying because this document was NOT written by the Pope - but by a German Bishop, who was one of the abusers of the doctrine. That particular Bishop did NOT speak for the Pope nor was he an emissary for the Vatican.
Your hypocrisy knows absolutely NO bounds.

YOU cherry-picked a SINGLE PHRASE in Rev. 21:4 in a ridiculous effort to show that there IS, in fact, suffering in Heaven.
This is absolute nonsense and hypocritical double-speak.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't have to lie to defend our position, they do. And they have to accuse us at every turn of all kinds of things that we have not done.
We already DID.
YOU guys are the ones who are afraid to address the points we made.

WHY the fear??
This particular individual can't complete a sentence without insulting or demeaning someone. Which is why its impossible to have any sort of rational dialogue.
I haven't "insulted" anybody.
I've simply observed your bad behavior and commented on it.

If that insults you - don't make stupid, anti-Catholic remarks.
Just stick to the TOPIC of the discussion . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
h lacks discernment maybe he is waiting on mary to answer his prayer
Actually - I've been waiting for YOU to make an intelligent response.
Not much luck there . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you DO NOT LAY THE RULES OUT...i have done refuted had you just read... go back to the porch while the big dogs run .iuse passages that backs up hat i say .
No - I just try to intelligently abide by them
YOU should try it.

If you're not equipped to address any of the points made here - just step aside and let your fellow anti-Catholics have a shot at it.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - I've been waiting for YOU to make an intelligent response.
Not much luck there . . .
so you cant give a Bible based scripture ao you result to insults
If you're not equipped to address any of the points made here - just step aside and let your fellow anti-Catholics have a shot at it.
i am more than equipped .you are blinded by the god of this world .i have countered with scriptures as the calvinist would say in carm solo scripture .every thing you want to prove is all catholic mythology . i find very little sound doctrine with the catholic Church . dont get me wrong they are nice and polite unlike you..but many have a form of Godliness but deny the power there of. i have family that are catholic and when my cousin got married the reception was one of the best parties i ever went to. when i did party unlimited booze i got smashed right along with them.. even the priest showed up had few drinks .. party hardy but show up for mass or go to confessional . btw since your in the slamming mood .. maybe mary will take your prayers to jesus another MYTHOLOGY. FALSE TEACHING OF HE CATHOLIC CHURCH ... none so blind as those who refuse to see.

We already DID.
YOU guys are the ones who are afraid to address the points we made.

WHY the fear?
we do you have a mouse in your pocket many has addressed your mythology that includes me .once again solo scripture line upon line precept upon precept . i will take your mythology scripture challenge any day..provided you use solo scripture i have showed you many times how and when we are purified along with the w.i.p sanctified positional progressive and ultimate changed from glory to glory

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you cant give a Bible based scripture ao you result to insults i am more than equipped .you are blinded by the god of this world .i have countered with scriptures as the calvinist would say in carm solo scripture .every thing you want to prove is all catholic mythology . i find very little sound doctrine with the catholic Church . dont get me wrong they are nice and polite unlike you..but many have a form of Godliness but deny the power there of. i have family that are catholic and when my cousin got married the reception was one of the best parties i ever went to. when i did party unlimited booze i got smashed right along with them.. even the priest showed up had few drinks .. party hardy but show up for mass or go to confessional . btw since your in the slamming mood .. maybe mary will take your prayers to jesus another MYTHOLOGY. FALSE TEACHING OF HE CATHOLIC CHURCH ... none so blind as those who refuse to see.

we do you have a mouse in your pocket many has addressed your mythology that includes me .once again solo scripture line upon line precept upon precept . i will take your mythology scripture challenge any day..provided you use solo scripture i have showed you many times how and when we are purified along with the w.i.p sanctified positional progressive and ultimate changed from glory to glory
Your idiotic anti-Catholic remarks aside - I don't adhere to the false, man made 16th century invention of Sola Scriptura. You're going to have to show me - from Scripture - where this doctrine is taught. MY Bible doesn't teach that Scripture is our Sole or Final Authority. MY Bible shows that Christ's CHURCH is the Final earthly Authority (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:112-15, John 20"21-23).
By the way - if you're going to demand that I use it - at least CALL it what it is "Sola" Scriptura. "Solo" is a character in Star Wars . . .

That being said - I presented the Catholic position on Purgatory from several passages.
I simply asked that you guys address the Catholic position on 2 Cor. 10-15 that I laid out in post #4. Since then you've all gone crazy with insults and ad hominems.

CAN you do that - or are you only capable of hurling idiotic insults?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm scripture is our authority the word the word the word .i know you presented the Catholic position on Purgatory from several passages.. i am not presenting you with and certain denom doctrine belief. i am giving you thus saith the word of God .I WILL STATE THIS ONCE AGAIN there is no purging of our sins after we die. all our sins are covered by the Blood of Jesus .the moment one gets saved the Blood is applied 1 john 1:17 i john 1:9 . i have no time for your self righteousness nor your mythology ..

i dont want your Catholic position .i want Bible scriptures that shows exactly what you say. your position of saved through the fire is the judgement of works.the bema seat when we leave this earth we will stand before the judgment seat of Christ give a account of the Good and bad this is judgement of works Gold silver precious stones .the the thing God would have us do.. wood hay stubble is works of the flesh self righteousness . then there is white throne judgment of the Lost .this is the point of no return .

and on the wedding reception the drunkfest the priest stopping in having a few drinks ..that was truth i was there . if you cant take the truth in scripture get over it

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm scripture is our authority the word the word the word .i know you presented the Catholic position on Purgatory from several passages.. i am not presenting you with and certain denom doctrine belief. i am giving you thus saith the word of God .I WILL STATE THIS ONCE AGAIN there is no purging of our sins after we die. all our sins are covered by the Blood of Jesus .the moment one gets saved the Blood is applied 1 john 1:17 i john 1:9 . i have no time for your self righteousness nor your mythology ..
i dont want your Catholic position .i want Bible scriptures that shows exactly what you say. your position of saved through the fire is the judgement of works.the bema seat when we leave this earth we will stand before the judgment seat of Christ give a account of the Good and bad this is judgement of works Gold silver precious stones .the the thing God would have us do.. wood hay stubble is works of the flesh self righteousness . then there is white throne judgment of the Lost .this is the point of no return .

and on the wedding reception the drunkfest the priest stopping in having a few drinks ..that was truth i was there . if you cant take the truth in scripture get over it
So, you have LOST this debate then because you have refused to address the point I made.

Nice job . . .

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you have LOST this debate then because you have refused to address the point I made.

Nice job . . .
lol it was never a debate duhhh but since you think you won far be it from me .to burst your bible . enjoy your stay on fantasy island your point is like a pencil with erasers on both ends no good .

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No actually you haven't. And I did not lie.
he thinks he won lol let him have his own party we all know his purgatory mythology is a myth
Mythology
Mythology refers variously to the collected myths of a group of people or to the study of such myths. A folklore genre, myth is a feature of every culture. Many sources for myths have been proposed, ranging from personification of nature or personification of natural phenomena, to truthful or hyperbolic accounts of historical events to explanations of existing rituals

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he thinks he won lol let him have his own party we all know his purgatory mythology is a myth
Mythology
Mythology refers variously to the collected myths of a group of people or to the study of such myths. A folklore genre, myth is a feature of every culture. Many sources for myths have been proposed, ranging from personification of nature or personification of natural phenomena, to truthful or hyperbolic accounts of historical events to explanations of existing rituals
He also ignores history. Looks like the RCC has tried to erase history because it exposes their false teachings. This is not surprising since they didn't want the Bible in the hands of common man either.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also ignores history. Looks like the RCC has tried to erase history because it exposes their false teachings. This is not surprising since they didn't want the Bible in the hands of common man either.
how he figures mary takes his prayer to Jesus is beyond me