The doctrine of the trinity, it's origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's against forum rules to do what? Contend for the faith and be called hateful, evil, prideful by you for doing it?
Who called you hateful, evil or prideful? And whose faith are you contending for? Do see what I am saying?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who called you hateful, evil or prideful?

You called what one does here, exposing error these things: Evil, and judgmental.

Nope. Sorry. That's not true.

And whose faith are you contending for?

Jude 1:4, Philippians 1:7, Philippians 1:16. But I'll take the above as passive-aggressive, accusatory, and demeaning derogation, like, you don't know Who I am contending for, as if it is not for the LORD and truth.

Do see what I am saying?

You need to see what you're saying, and accept correction. You are not sound in doctrine. Sorry if that hurts.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
so is this the same person in John 1:3 that was "Alone", and "By Himself", in Isaiah 44:24. so is this the same person yes or no?

no vain babbling, just answer the question

PICJAG.
In the 1970s, I encountered the "Jesus Only" movement that originated from William Branham's 1960s teaching. The original members of the movement were called "Branhamites". They believed that there no trinity, but God was Jesus Christ who was also described as the Father and the Holy Spirit. This movement evolved into that now respectable movement called "Oneness Pentecostals".

The basic theological foundation of the movement is "Modalism" which describes the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as different modes of the one God, so that when Jesus was on earth He appeared in that particular "mode", but before that, He operated in the "mode" of the Father, and presently He is indwelling us in the "mode" of the Holy Spirit. According to this theology, there is only one person who acts as a type of "shapeshifter" (in Science fantasy terms) like we saw on Star Trek Deep Space Nine, or Space 1999 which feature shapeshifting characters who could change their appearance depending on the circumstances. This is how the Modalist theology works.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the 1970s, I encountered the "Jesus Only" movement that originated from William Branham's 1960s teaching. The original members of the movement were called "Branhamites". They believed that there no trinity, but God was Jesus Christ who was also described as the Father and the Holy Spirit. This movement evolved into that now respectable movement called "Oneness Pentecostals".

The basic theological foundation of the movement is "Modalism" which describes the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as different modes of the one God, so that when Jesus was on earth He appeared in that particular "mode", but before that, He operated in the "mode" of the Father, and presently He is indwelling us in the "mode" of the Holy Spirit. According to this theology, there is only one person who acts as a type of "shapeshifter" (in Science fantasy terms) like we saw on Star Trek Deep Space Nine, or Space 1999 which feature shapeshifting characters who could change their appearance depending on the circumstances. This is how the Modalist theology works.
Thanks Paul for the reply, I have heard of this. But "Diversified Oneness" is nothing even close to that. we know that Jesus is the "Equal" Diversity of himself in flesh. this movement, born into what is the PCU on oneness is in ERROR also. in diversified oneness there is no modes of one person. but this ONE God person is diversified, hence the numerical difference as G243 allos describe. so we are way from those other groups.

also how are you doing in this COVID-19 times. my wife and I was just talking the other Day how God allowed those Plague come upon Egypt when the pharaoh wouldn't let God people go. to see this in my time and live through it is amazing as this is happening in real time. (sorry to see so many deaths), this is the kind of stuff one only read about instead of experiencing, hope everything is ok with you and your family.

Be blessed and sage.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
This thread is locked as the Trinity has been discussed to death, and the topic has again returned to accusations. If you believe you must oppose a false doctrine or defend a true one, do so with scripture, debate, or even experience. Never resort to spiritual abuse, as you will lose credibility from any discerning person. Then your efforts are wasted.

Keep the forum rules in mind:
Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christians rule.

Do not attack another member's character in any way. Address the post content, not the member's character, family, denominational affiliation or any other subject that may be perceived as a personal attack by the Christianity Board team and is not germane to the topic or post at hand.

This is our official stance on the Trinity:
Statement on the Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.