The doctrine of the trinity, it's origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are only "family" in your own imaginations.
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
13 Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. - Ephesians 3

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between hate-filled and speaking truth. And I don't think anyone is under the delusion here that everyone is family, they most certainly are not.
Some delusions such as this are wide spread and may be or are long-term.

Like "the emperor has no clothes" takes a while to sink in, when everyone believed a deception until a little boy spoke up proclaiming the truth...

Reactions: reformed1689

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No....truth spoken in judgment of others is not truth. It is mixed with the evil intent of pride....

Utter and complete nonsense. You should have been there to tell this to Paul in Acts 20:17-28. Also as he stated this to the Galatians in Galatians 1:8-10. And what he said by naming the names of false teachers...and others along with myself follow their examples, as instructed to us in 2 Timothy 4:1ff.

Truth isn't subjective as you are making it out to be, purposely, or otherwise. Being a true teacher isn't about trying to appease and to be nice, like wolves in sheep clothing prove.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let the Holy Spirit be your source and ask Him to reveal any hidden sin in your heart including pride.
It's telling and funny that you just got done condemning others for judging, yet now you're doing just that yourself. You said that doing so is mixed with evil and pride, yet you offer zero scripture. Is it mixed with evil and pride when you do it, or only when it's others?

In all actuality, Scripture itself proves you to be in error here.

You should take more time to read Scripture and get yourself sound in doctrine. You may want to read Luke 11 where Jesus was invited for dinner.

Last edited:
Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No....truth spoken in judgment of others is not truth. It is mixed with the evil intent of pride....Truth mixed with false pride then becomes corrupted and does not bring freedom to the one your speaking to.
The Truth sets us free if we are able to receive it. Those who are are taught different doctrines hold their doctrines as truth just as much as you do. Be angry and sin not.

Was Paul’s words here spoken in judgment and pride?

7 You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion did not come from Him who calls you. 9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough. 10 I have confidence in you in the Lord that you will adopt no other view; but the one who is disturbing you will bear his judgment, whoever he is. 11 But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished. 12 I wish that those who are troubling you would even mutilate themselves.[Galatians 5]

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Paul’s words here spoken in judgment and pride?

7 You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion did not come from Him who calls you. 9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough. 10 I have confidence in you in the Lord that you will adopt no other view; but the one who is disturbing you will bear his judgment, whoever he is. 11 But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished. 12 I wish that those who are troubling you would even mutilate themselves.[Galatians 5]
Paul was addressing circumcision of the Gentiles and how they were being deceived....it anguished him that they so quickly were being brought back into bondage to the Law after receiving the Truth of the freedom they had received through salvation.....He spoke this in a spirit of love and compassion for the people not from a defense of doctrine of belief.
Galatians 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you limit God then. That he cannot take on humanity as well? Are you saying he cannot do something that he clearly did? Are you God?
You argue like a child. I'm serious. How am i suppose to answer this? This is a non-sequitur, no one is questioning His power, but His wisdom.
But, just to answer your inane question, NO, He cannot partake in humanity. Absolutely NOT. He is supreme and transcendent. Yes, He is immanent, but NOT through the process of incarnation!
Only someone who doesn't understand humanity's condemnation, and God's atonement, would make such an outlandish, and irrelevant, and hypothetical contention!
You argue like a little child, ....not to mention in circles also (you keep placing your conclusion in your defense).

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Utter and complete nonsense. You should have been there to tell this to Paul in Acts 20:17-28. Also as he stated this to the Galatians in Galatians 1:8-10. And what he said by naming the names of false teachers...and others along with myself follow their examples, as instructed to us in 2 Timothy 4:1ff.

Truth isn't subjective as you are making it out to be, purposely, or otherwise. Being a true teacher isn't about trying to appease and to be nice, like wolves in sheep clothing prove.
You disregard the subject at hand...so you think it is ok to speak to one another hatefully here on this forum....you share the Truth of His Word with strife? Is it your belief that your teaching of His Word is more truthful than others? Your interpretation of it is correct over others? Your doctrine is right and others is wrong? That is what the premise of what that statement was given.
Taking things out of context is how the enemy creates hate, discord, strife and division amongst the body of believers.
We can share our beliefs with one another without striving....it is a humble spirit that reflects the heart of Jesus.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's telling and funny that you just got done condemning others for judging, yet now you're doing just that yourself. You said that doing so is mixed with evil and pride, yet you offer zero scripture. Is it mixed with evil and pride when you do it, or only when it's others?

In all actuality, Scripture itself proves you to be in error here.

You should take more time to read Scripture and get yourself sound in doctrine. You may want to read Luke 11 where Jesus was invited for dinner.
You have taken this so far out of context, twisting what was being addressed.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You disregard the subject at hand...so you think it is ok to speak to one another hatefully here on this forum....

I disregarded nothing.

Nope, speaking truth isn't hateful. There is a record in Scripture that describes those who say speaking truth is hateful, and it isn't pretty. By the way, your response to @reformed1689 was judgmental, but you cannot even fathom this.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was addressing circumcision of the Gentiles and how they were being deceived....it anguished him that they so quickly were being brought back into bondage to the Law after receiving the Truth of the freedom they had received through salvation.....He spoke this in a spirit of love and compassion for the people not from a defense of doctrine of belief.
Galatians 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
But he said he wished they’d mutilate themselves. Truth stings.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have taken this so far out of context, twisting what was being addressed.
I twisted nothing, the above is patently false. You judged him in what you said, you couldn't have said it WITHOUT judging.

Let's not forget, judging is evil and prideful.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You disregard the subject at hand...so you think it is ok to speak to one another hatefully here on this forum....you share the Truth of His Word with strife? Is it your belief that your teaching of His Word is more truthful than others? Your interpretation of it is correct over others? Your doctrine is right and others is wrong? That is what the premise of what that statement was given.
Taking things out of context is how the enemy creates hate, discord, strife and division amongst the body of believers.
We can share our beliefs with one another without striving....it is a humble spirit that reflects the heart of Jesus.
There is no hate in love. What seems harsh isn’t harsh. I personally know @Preacher4Truth and he’s not hateful. What we’re doing is contending for the faith. The Greek word for contending in Jude 1:3 is “to contend strenuously in defence of”, so it’s a strenuous effort to defend/contend for the faith. It’s not always nice words. Truth stings.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no hate in love. What seems harsh isn’t harsh. I personally know @Preacher4Truth and he’s not hateful. What we’re doing is contending for the faith. The Greek word for contending in Jude 1:3 is “to contend strenuously in defence of”, so it’s a strenuous effort to defend/contend for the faith. It’s not always nice words. Truth stings.
It is against forum rules to

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, which means exposing error, which they call hateful, unless of course if they do it, then it is love. Wen we do it with sound teaching, we're hateful, evil, prideful.

Notice she had no answer for the biblical defense I gave her, that refutes her position? None.

Status
Not open for further replies.