The doctrine of the trinity, it's origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When the trinity is taught, people do not have to infer it, nor imply it, nor even think about it, they just apparently believe it.
How about "they just apparently believe it" because it is true? When a genuine believer is baptized in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, it is understood by all that the true and living God is ONE GOD eternally existent as three divine Persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Thus "name" is singular in Matthew 28:9 below (which is genuinely Scripture).

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. (Mt 28:18-20)

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 John 5:7 KJV)

16 And Jesus [the Son], when He was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto Him, and He saw the Spirit of God [the Holy Spirit] descending like a dove, and lighting upon Him: 17 And lo a [the Father's] voice from Heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Mt 3:16,17)

Those who reject the doctrine of the Trinity reject the truth about God and are generally found among the cults.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about "they just apparently believe it" because it is true?
No one has testified that they ever had that experience as far as I have ever read, and many have stated clearly otherwise, opposed to this idea.

Reactions: DNB

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is the doctrine of the trinity true or not.

here are some verses we can start with from Bread of Life.
The Trinity is corroborated repeatedly throughout the Scriptures:
(Gen. 1:26, Matt. 28:19, John 15:26, 1 Cor. 12:4-6, 2 Cor. 13:14, 1 John 5:7, Eph. 4:6, Psalm 68:5, Mal. 2:10, Isa. 63:16, 2 Cor. 1:3-4, John 3:16, John 8:41, 1 Thess. 3:13, Isa. 7:14, Isa. 9:6, John 1:1, John 1:3, John 8:58, John 10:30, John 15:9, John 20:28, Acts 5:3-4, 2 Cor. 4:4, Phil. 2:6, Col. 2:9, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 1:8, Tit. 2:13, John 14:16-18, Luke 12:10, 2 Cor. 3:17, 2 Cor. 13:5, John 14:23, Acts 5:3-4)

Now we encourage any trinity believer to put forth their scriptures to support their beliefs, if not listed above. we want to get every and all of the scriptures that support the trinity doctrine.

Disclaimer: we have nothing against the person, only the doctrine of the trinity. so put all personal feeling aside, ok. THIS IS NOT ABOUT "YOU". we will give you time to get your scriptures together.

so lets discuss, and not argue, but support your view by scriptures. no opinions just scriptures.

PICJAG

I must admit I do have a problem with the idea of a trinity. In one church I was in I confessed to this fact and was stripped of all ministry and told I would not be allowed to do anything until I didn't have a problem with the Trinity.

Recently I read that the New Testament Church did not preach or believe in a trinity. It did not come into being until 246 AD and was an invention of the catholic church which would not surprise me as they tend to make up things as they go along to give the priesthood more power. What is more powerful that a doctrine which no one understands except the priest?

Reactions: DNB

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How about "they just apparently believe it" because it is true? When a genuine believer is baptized in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, it is understood by all that the true and living God is ONE GOD eternally existent as three divine Persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Thus "name" is singular in Matthew 28:9 below (which is genuinely Scripture).

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. (Mt 28:18-20)

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 John 5:7 KJV)

16 And Jesus [the Son], when He was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto Him, and He saw the Spirit of God [the Holy Spirit] descending like a dove, and lighting upon Him: 17 And lo a [the Father's] voice from Heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Mt 3:16,17)

Those who reject the doctrine of the Trinity reject the truth about God and are generally found among the cults.

A genuine believer should not be baptised in the trinity. he or she should be baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, the same as they were in the New Testament Church.

Reactions: DNB and Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must admit I do have a problem with the idea of a trinity. In one church I was in I confessed to this fact and was stripped of all ministry and told I would not be allowed to do anything until I didn't have a problem with the Trinity.

Recently I read that the New Testament Church did not preach or believe in a trinity. It did not come into being until 246 AD and was an invention of the catholic church which would not surprise me as they tend to make up things as they go along to give the priesthood more power. What is more powerful that a doctrine which no one understands except the priest?
They did not invent it. The pagan religion before them had it for hundreds of years or so.
God Almighty reveals the understanding to little children , so it is not as if no one understands it.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A genuine believer should not be baptised in the trinity. he or she should be baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, the same as they were in the New Testament Church.
Yes, as it was practiced by those in Jesus day, and for a century or so ..... someone later changed it and tradition became more important than truth to the people deceived.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, again.
Abba , Father, Designed Creation (with Wisdom? created first) ?

Through Jesus , Abba Created all things, and without Jesus was not anything made that was made.

A question. How is God and Jesus a trinity?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They did not invent it. The pagan religion before them had it for hundreds of years or so.
God Almighty reveals the understanding to little children , so it is not as if no one understands it.

I read that they did.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, as it was practiced by those in Jesus day, and for a century or so ..... someone later changed it and tradition became more important than truth to the people deceived.

All the more reason not to baptise in the trinity.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A question. How is God and Jesus a trinity?
You'll have to ask someone who understands tradition which is opposed to God's Word and instead of God's Word.
i.e. they have all the details worked out for almost 2000 years - whole libraries devoted to it....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the more reason not to baptise in the trinity.
People are trained in what is false from before birth, as babies, as little children so they hear the false stories first, even before they can read or write.
It is not an easy thing for them to "come out of her my people", and only God is able to do what man is not capable of.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You'll have to ask someone who understands tradition which is opposed to God's Word and instead of God's Word.
i.e. they have all the details worked out for almost 2000 years - whole libraries devoted to it....

I thought you were explaining that God and Jesus were a trinity.
Now does this all prove the trinity doctrine? I can say that this conclusively proves that there are at least two distinct persons in heaven right now as the Godhead. You can call it three in one, or one in three, it makes no difference to me.
default_dntknw.gif

So you are not bothered whether one is teaching error?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People are trained in what is false from before birth, as babies, as little children so they hear the false stories first, even before they can read or write.
It is not an easy thing for them to "come out of her my people", and only God is able to do what man is not capable of.
A bit difficult if they are not born again until they are 30 years old.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thanks for the reply Marksman, listen to this scripture, John 16:2 "They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service".

and for the scared one who confess to be christians, but..... John 12:42 "Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue".

if they throw you out, then they are doing you a favor. TAKE HOPE, for,
Matthew 7:13 "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Matthew 7:16 "Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matthew 7:17 "Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Matthew 7:18 "A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. (ONE MIGHT WANT TO READ THAT AGAIN)
Matthew 7:19 "Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

so just because the masses, "THINK", they are right, don't make them right. only a few will find the, "strait gate".

be blessed.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(smile), bless your little heart, you lost all credibility when you said the Titles "LORD", and "Lord" are interchangeable. next will be the titles "Father" and the "son". ,,, :oops:. oh well you have no weight in what you say.

PICJAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.