The end nigh – literally – please pray.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi fellow endtimers,
I’m sitting outside in my room at a cancer patients retreat on the beautiful Tongariro River. (google)
We went fishing this morning and tonight after tea will be another time of conversation about our condition.

Last night was hard to hear the stories of some of these guys because they are facing the end and they know it. Tonight I’m going to say something and I don’t care what anyone thinks. Im going to share the hope of the Christian.

Please pray.
Thanks

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi fellow endtimers,
I’m sitting outside in my room at a cancer patients retreat on the beautiful Tongariro River. (google)
We went fishing this morning and tonight after tea will be another time of conversation about our condition.

Last night was hard to hear the stories of some of these guys because they are facing the end and they know it. Tonight I’m going to say something and I don’t care what anyone thinks. Im going to share the hope of the Christian.

Please pray.
Thanks

God will bless you in this Chris. :praying::hearteyes:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi fellow endtimers,

Please pray.
Thanks

Will do Christian.

Currently my wife is battling breast cancer and has just finished chemotherapy and is having surgery next week. It looks hopeful and God has been good to us through it and given us peace.

Give these people hope through Jesus Christ and let them know that they have value and matter to God and that they can have peace and a blessed assurance even in these circumstances. Please tell them that people who don’t know them and will never meet them in this life love them and are praying for them.

Thanks for sharing I’m praying that God gives you courage and wisdom.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Remember that words spoken plant seeds and are not visible at first, just in case their reaction doesn’t appear positive. ……….will you let us know how it goes xx
@Marty fox , thinking of you and your wife also x
Rita

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi fellow endtimers,

Please pray.
Thanks
Requesting God's Strength for you, Chris.

Reactions: Christian Gedge

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi fellow endtimers,

Please pray.
Thanks

Bless your heart!

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm glad you are going to share the Gospel with someone that might need to hear it

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I’m back! The retreat is called ‘Reel Recovery’ and originally started in the US. It’s free and supported by volunteers. I highly recommend it for men with cancer. Give yourselves a wonderful break.

During the day we fish with a buddy whose job it is to teach fly casting, and to hold you up when necessary. The Tongariro river is swift. After breakfast and after tea (all provided) we get together for what is called, ‘courageous conversations.’ A question is put to us and we answer in a circle.

On the first conversation the men were all bravado and funny jokes, but it wasn’t long before the true feelings started being expressed. For example, “What did you lose most after being diagnosed with cancer?” ”weakness, loss of concentration …” One guy broke down when he said he couldn’t support his wife and 7-year old son anymore.

Thanks for praying, because I couldn’t find a laid-back opening until the last day. The question was posed: “What did you GAIN most after being diagnosed with cancer?” I had my answer because the Lord had told me … ‘the Christian hope.’ So, when it was my turn, I shared:

“Look fellas, no amount of positive talking is going to change the fact that we are on the last leg of the journey. So, what I gained was this:- hope! I always knew it in theory of course, but I gained a new appreciation of it. As some of you know, Im a Christian, but I won’t preach at you. I just want to share a few words from the Master.”​

Then I quoted nice and slow.

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

They all looked at me like I was from another planet. That’s OK, we’ve got the Holy Spirit, so He can take it from there. Thanks again for praying.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m back! The retreat is called ‘Reel Recovery’ and originally started in the US. It’s free and supported by volunteers. I highly recommend it for men with cancer. Give yourselves a wonderful break.

During the day we fish with a buddy whose job it is to teach fly casting, and to hold you up when necessary. The Tongariro river is swift. After breakfast and after tea (all provided) we get together for what is called, ‘courageous conversations.’ A question is put to us and we answer in a circle.

On the first conversation the men were all bravado and funny jokes, but it wasn’t long before the true feelings started being expressed. For example, “What did you lose most after being diagnosed with cancer?” ”weakness, loss of concentration …” One guy broke down when he said he couldn’t support his wife and 7-year old son anymore.

Thanks for praying, because I couldn’t find a laid-back opening until the last day. The question was posed: “What did you GAIN most after being diagnosed with cancer?” I had my answer because the Lord had told me … ‘the Christian hope.’ So, when it was my turn, I shared:

“Look fellas, no amount of positive talking is going to change the fact that we are on the last leg of the journey. So, what I gained was this:- hope! I always knew it in theory of course, but I gained a new appreciation of it. As some of you know, Im a Christian, but I won’t preach at you. I just want to share a few words from the Master.”​

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

They all looked at me like I was from another planet. That’s OK, we’ve got the Holy Spirit, so He can take it from there. Thanks again for praying.

Yes let the spirit do the work after you plant the seeds. Good for you for being obedient and brave for sharing at this time in their lives.

How are you doing yourself?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 2:9KJV
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi fellow endtimers,

Please pray.
Thanks
Praying for this situation.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praise God for your opportunity to share with others about Him! I pray He will bless your effort and that many sons will thereby be brought into the Kingdom!

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks friends. I’ve still got a bit of kick left in me, but towards the end of the day my buddy was having to pull me up the bank. (lol) I’m on a trial with Pfizer. It’s better than chemo. I’ll be good for when the grandkids come over from Aus. this Christmas.

Isn‘t it wonderful being a Christian! :D

Last edited: