The End of Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Heb 12:2 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,” Heb 12:1 “[Paul] Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.” Acts 14:22 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.” Rom 1:16-17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.” Rom 10:17-18 “And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.” But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.” Luke 17:5-10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” I Cor 13:10-13 “That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.” I Peter 1:7-9

thisistheendtimes

Mar 3, 2008
Yes, if a person desires to be a 'faithkeeper', or a Berean, or a good 'bible scholar', apostle, or a good Judeo-Christian being faithful to the ancient feasts and terminology ("Jehovah, Elohim, etc.), institutional Christianity will help acheive that goal, but we should NOT walk by faith, we (NEW Testament Christians) should "WALK BY THE SPIRIT" (Galatians 5:16 and 25). God DOES tell us that "The just shall live by faith.” Rom 1:16-17. God says alot of things in scripture that are true (but each person has to decide what THEIR goal is...'PERSONAL' relationship of LOVE). "PERSONal" means no "self abasement" (Colossians 2:18 and 23, necessary for SELF discipline/repentance) so God can have a personal relationship with the real us (all of our idiosyncrasies, habits, attitudes, etc.). The Lord "yearns jealously" (James 4:5). God is no respecter of persons/personalities, He only has regard for a person's true NATURE.If any one chooses their goal to be a close intimate personal relationship with Jesus, they will have to "HEAR" (John 10:27) the word of God ("SWORD OF THE SPIRIT", Ephesians 6:17) because the INTRODUCTORY doctrine (Hebrews 6:1) is the "WORD OF TRUTH", 2 Timothy 2:15, Ephesians 1:13, John 14:6) does not also offer the change of attitudes and behavior God wants in a NEW CREATION (having the spirit IN US is our GUARANTEE of eternal life (2 Corinthians 1:22 and 5:5, Ephesians 1:14). Everything before the spirit was given is obsolete (the habits/traditions/practices and scriptures of the ancients, and the old names of God). God's name FOREVER is "I am who I am" (Exodus 3:14) and we are to glorify His son, not ourselves by aspiring to be a good FAITH-ER of God, neither are we to glorify the brethren (they did not die on the cross, neither did the bible) we have to LOVE Him ("the GREATEST of these", 1 Corinthians 13:13). God is LOVE.In Jesus is the WHOLE fullness of God (Colossians 2:9) and the worship of His son in spirit and truth did not begin until the spirit was given (John 7:39). We should do the works of God (John 6:28 and 29) and live according to the law of liberty (PERFECT LAW, James 1:25 and 2:12) because the 'sin laws' were abolished (Ephesians 2:15). Unbelievers should learn to fear not having God in their lives (it is the BEGINNING of wisdom), but once we come to know God, our love should be made PERFECT (1 John 4:18) instead of obeying MAN's commandment to fear God (Isaiah 29:13) that has always been taught by "hirelings" (John 10:13) who didn't take care that we "enter by the door" (John 10:1). We need to learn from God's spirit to make a clear division/distinction between right and wrong/evil so that the change from good to evil is clear and abrupt (with no middle ground, James 1:17, as a sword would divide), then the spirit can purify our conscience (Hebrews 9:14). We have to drink of The Lord's spirit with "rivers of living water" (John 7:38) so that we will "neither thirst" (Revelation 7:16). All throughout history, Christianity has had the "strong delusion" because the 'doctrines of the heart' (Ezekiel 14:4-8, the KJV correctly translates the word "according") and refused to love OBJECTIVE truth "AND SO BE SAVED" (2 Thessalonians 2:10). Pilate said to Jesus "What is TRUTH?" (truth is chosen as 'irrelevant' by humanity) because humanity chooses SUBJECTIVE truth (biased truth).TRUE GODLY Christianity is NOT a faith, it is a LOVE.All verses are from the RSV.