The End of the Church Age .

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Then you, better than most should know about the Anti-Christ. and you should know the distinguishing unmistakable trait .. and that he denies that Christ is the son of God. And who now sits in the holy place: the only holy place is the temple in jerusalem ,now being occupied by the greatest anti-christs that have ever existed and will ever exist: the zionists!
They are not the true Zion at all ?

There lot is just like a bunch of fanatical Nazi clowns causing trouble all over the world.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
This whole argument about church ages rests upon the silly doctrines of men who try to act like scientists in categorizing animal classes, only in this case they do it with different eras of the sole Church of Christ.

Per history that the Roman Church has even admitted, Britain was first to receive Christ Jesus on national scales. When Augustine was sent to Britain, he already found established Christian bishops that had no connection with Rome whatsoever. The idea that the Roman Church predates Britain's Christian history is a falsehood.

The 'mystery' about the seven Churches involves how there are seven candlesticks and seven angels in Heaven representing them (Rev.1:20).

To push the lie of 'church ages', with the last existing today only, is to try and declare six of those angels and candlesticks in Heaven being removed!

falconduler

Aug 31, 2011
They are not the true Zion at all ?

There lot is just like a bunch of fanatical Nazi clowns causing trouble all over the world.

Be clear ,what do you mean exactly by TRUE ZION?? Were there nazis clowns when the gates of Auschwitz opened? not exactly a bunch of happy CAMPERS camping out. in fact no one was hardly laughing at all the clowns.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not irrelevant at all, you make this big claim without backing it up with any documentation. I do not believe that the majority of pastors are disconnected from their membership. Maybe some of the big churches but there are a great many smaller churches that are doing a decent job.

I pretty much agree here. Of course there will be disconnected pastors just like disconnected Christians (maybe we should coin the phrase CHRINOS [CHRistians In Name Only]). However, this sounds like the whole keep them poor and therefore honest mentality. The fact is, the pastor has been wrongly seen as a top dog in a hierarchical structure, not first among equals as the Biblical example. Yes He is a leader, but Christ is always the head.

I'd say too much has been laid on the pastor. He's supposed to preach (first) obviously, but he's also often expected to plan everything, organize everything, keep the air adjusted at the right temperature on Sundays & Wednesday nights, and run a business among other things. These early churches which were often large - hello 3,000 people in a day in at least one Biblical instance - did not have mics with speakers and subs.

The church is not a building and not an institution. The church will be the only thing standing, aside from God Himself, when judgment has come and gone.

Ephesians 3:21
to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

There's no bloom's taxonomy for Christians.

tedwards

Sep 15, 2011
Are we living without a church? Have the churches simply transformed themselves into large fundraising outfits,designed to secure the luxury lifestyles of the pastors and their cohorts. ?

I think the church age is over and has WENT!

The pastors and their administration are totally disconnected from the membership ,and the members are only interested in whatever materialistic advantage can come their way.

So in reality, churches simply serve as social clubs that would otherwise be off limits to all the half educated ,looking for a little status.

While I am sure there are plenty of cases to support your position I personally find this idea offensive, as a pastor who knows and works closely with hundreds of other pastors most of whom work 50+ hours a week trying to care for the needs of their church communities and live on less than a teacher's salary I can tell you that in many cases you opinion is wrong. Are their greedy people in ministry? Absolutely. However, there are many wonderful pastors who labor and toil thanklessly to care for the people God has entrusted to them.

Keep in mind as you say the church age is over that the church remains the bride of Christ and His love for her has not changed. The church may have some issues but like any marriage the issues are worth fighting through as the bride of Christ is worth fighting for, she is not beyond saving.

There is no pleasing everyone. Any pastor worth their weight in salt wont try. Pastors care for the flock by working for Jesus. Our job is to teach His Word and share His love even when it is unpopular. What really has been killing the church is not pastors being disconnected but the American consumerism mentality of the church.

The church is more than just a social club though, some are reduced to that, it is the theater in which God chooses to display His awesome power.

Sep 8, 2011
Some scriptures to add...

Ephesians 2:8

"For it is by GRACE you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast."

Galatians:

But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his GRACE, was pleased, to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man,

Galatians 2:6

"As for those who seemed to be important(priests in the churches)--whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not judge by external appearance--those men added nothing to my message(because he was called from God through grace and not by works)."

This message tells of how you cannot make yourself a messenger of God, but you must be called.

Matthew:

Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.(the called Jews/Circumcised of the heart)"

Romans 1:16

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew(Circumcised of the heart/called by God), then for the Gentile."

Romans 2:29

"No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God."

As the Bible says, God knows who are his.

John:

"I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them."

The Bible even tells that you shouldn't make money preaching the Bible, it should be free.

Why do you think Jesus sent his apostles out with little to nothing and told them to go door to door and stay with people that accepted them to preach the gospel?

Churches only maintain the healthy, but Jesus and his disciples were doctors to heal the sick. The ones that needed help.

The Bible explains that heaven rejoices more over a person who was dead but became alive, rather than someone who had Jesus their whole life.

Do you know any pastors/priest today that were truly called by God? If they were, what do they have to add to the Bible that wasn't already there from the called Jews?

If they were truly called by God, they would have their own testimony to add, and not only the testimony of Jesus.

What's interesting to me is that in Revelation, the 144,000(The circumcised of the heart Jews) are described as overcoming the dragon by the word of THEIR TESTIMONY. The saints that the dragon goes out and makes war with are described as, "those who obey God's commandments and hold to the TESTIMONY OF JESUS."

CHURCH, WAKE UP! The true gospel must be preached!

What a deception it has been within the churches.

I'd like to end it by saying not all preachers of the Bible are doing wrong, BUT there is a lot out there!

Matthew:

""I've had it with you! You're hopeless, you religion scholars, you Pharisees! Frauds! Your lives are roadblocks to God's kingdom. You refuse to enter, and won't let anyone else in either. 15 "You're hopeless, you religion scholars and Pharisees! Frauds! You go halfway around the world to make a convert, but once you get him you make him into a replica of yourselves, double-damned. 16 "You're hopeless! What arrogant stupidity! You say, 'If someone makes a promise with his fingers crossed, that's nothing; but if he swears with his hand on the Bible, that's serious.' 17 What ignorance! Does the leather on the Bible carry more weight than the skin on your hands? 18 And what about this piece of trivia: 'If you shake hands on a promise, that's nothing; but if you raise your hand that God is your witness, that's serious'? 19 What ridiculous hairsplitting! What difference does it make whether you shake hands or raise hands? 20 A promise is a promise. What difference does it make if you make your promise inside or outside a house of worship? A promise is a promise. God is present, watching and holding you to account regardless. "

Religion is a man-made thing. When did God ever tell man to create religion/religions?

I hope you're all preaching the true Gospel!

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Are we living without a church? Have the churches simply transformed themselves into large fundraising outfits,designed to secure the luxury lifestyles of the pastors and their cohorts. ?

I think the church age is over and has WENT!

The pastors and their administration are totally disconnected from the membership ,and the members are only interested in whatever materialistic advantage can come their way.

So in reality, churches simply serve as social clubs that would otherwise be off limits to all the half educated ,looking for a little status.

Then how would you explain what Jesus said?

Matthew 16:17-18 (KJV)
[sup]17 [/sup]And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
[sup]18 [/sup]And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

falconduler

Aug 31, 2011
While I am sure there are plenty of cases to support your position I personally find this idea offensive, as a pastor who knows and works closely with hundreds of other pastors most of whom work 50+ hours a week trying to care for the needs of their church communities and live on less than a teacher's salary I can tell you that in many cases you opinion is wrong. Are their greedy people in ministry? Absolutely. However, there are many wonderful pastors who labor and toil thanklessly to care for the people God has entrusted to them.

Keep in mind as you say the church age is over that the church remains the bride of Christ and His love for her has not changed. The church may have some issues but like any marriage the issues are worth fighting through as the bride of Christ is worth fighting for, she is not beyond saving.

There is no pleasing everyone. Any pastor worth their weight in salt wont try. Pastors care for the flock by working for Jesus. Our job is to teach His Word and share His love even when it is unpopular. What really has been killing the church is not pastors being disconnected but the American consumerism mentality of the church.

The church is more than just a social club though, some are reduced to that, it is the theater in which God chooses to display His awesome power.

Basically ,the clergy consider themselves as part of the professional caste in society. Just like dentists ,lawyers, diplomats, doctors,teachers and so on.

And as such they follow the timeless custom of never bashing the category or profession . It's called professional courtesy.

This means a minister will never criticize another pastor or clergyman ,no matter what his failings may be.

Remember that the Rev. Billy graham never attacked Jimbo Swaggart ,or Jim Bakker ,or the clever charlatan ORAL ROBERTS.

The only exception i can think of was when swaggart outed rev. gorman ,i think his name was , and he in turn outed jimbo!

This doesn't do a bit of good for God's people,the rank and file sitting in the pews. The apostles called down the wrath of God on those that cheated the faithful!

So all the good work you may or may not do must be examined within that context.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Be clear ,what do you mean exactly by TRUE ZION?? Were there nazis clowns when the gates of Auschwitz opened? not exactly a bunch of happy CAMPERS camping out. in fact no one was hardly laughing at all the clowns.
Zion is Heavenly regarded as the City of God and the final abode of his elect.

The radical part of the mob that call them selves Zionist are very much just like worst of the Nazi trash..

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I see temptations upon Christian pastors and preachers coming mostly from their mainstream organizational leadership. To become a pastor or evangelist in one of the mainstream denominations, it means first and foremost following the doctrines of the organization that's in control. In many cases, a retirement pension is involved. So in that sense, those who refuse to go outside the organization's doctrinal line to preserve their pension, that is the idea of treating it as a job type profession.

In that type of situation, Jesus called one who does that a "hireling" (John 10). He said when the wolves creep in, the hireling will run, and leave the flock to the wolves.

I think one of the main reasons our Lord Jesus with The New Covenant freed us from the Old Covenant style 'religion' ritual and total reliance on an earthly priesthood, was because of man's tendency to create the organizational system. The organizational system provides an easy target for Satan and his workers, but not so much with Christ's Church of The Spirit. I feel this is why one of the coming tribulation's purposes by Satan is especially to try and eradicate each separate 'individual' member of Christ's Body, since so many Christian brethren refuse to be chained down by the religious organizations of men.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Good comment veteran.

I am one that believes that what we see is but the flesh mimicing the spiritual body. And it does not see how it is being used to undermine the spiritual body. It is the war between the spirit and the flesh, both claiming to be the body of Christ.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Good comment veteran.

I am one that believes that what we see is but the flesh mimicing the spiritual body. And it does not see how it is being used to undermine the spiritual body. It is the war between the spirit and the flesh, both claiming to be the body of Christ.

Yep. And I thank our Heavenly Father that He freed us from the religious practices of men according to the way of flesh.