The Eternal Security Heresy: A Comprehensive Refutation of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not refused to acknowledge the incarnation .. just at a different stage of life. .. and have danced around none of your questions ... I believe in the soul and the resurrection of the soul ... and hence the soul of Jesus was also resurrected .. and is not dead.

The question of whether Jesus came as God - is a separate question . I don't believe that Jesus and the Father are the same .. I believe one is subordinate to the other.

The question of whether or not Jesus was made divine is a different question yet .. and when is another question. I believe the story of Mark - that the spark of the divine descended on Jesus at his Baptism .. upon which .. he went for testing. Satan did not ask God "The Father" his Father according to Scripture .. to bow down to him.

So in this story .. Jesus is not divine .. but made divine at his baptism .. upon which he had to go through testing to complete the ritual.
So Jesus is a Son of God .. but Jesus is not "God The Father" distinct personages - united in Spirit.

Did Jesus have some spark of the Divine at at Birth ? .. hey .. why not .. but it was not actualized until his baptism ..

now .. what of your questions have I not answered ?

What you think about Jesus determines your Eternal Destiny .If you Believe that Jesus was NOT “THE” Son Of God- God in the Flesh and the Savior Of ALL that will simply come to Him in Faith—- and that He was not Devine , merely “ a” Son Of God like Anybody else in the world—— you ain’t Saved.Sorry .
As Jesus asked Peter..... “ and who do “ you” say that I am?” ..... Peter said,” You are the Christ, THE SON Of The Living God” ......Only those that have had their hearts opened by a Visit from the Holy Spirit can give the proper response that Peter did.....( “Flesh and Blood did not reveal this to you”, Jesus told Peter ) I suspect that you have not had that visit....

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you think about Jesus determines your Eternal Destiny .If you Believe that Jesus was NOT “THE” Son Of God- God in the Flesh and the Savior Of ALL that will simply come to Him in Faith—- and that He was not Devine , merely “ a” Son Of God like Anybody else in the world—— you ain’t Saved.Sorry .
As Jesus asked Peter..... “ and who do “ you” say that I am?” ..... Peter said,” You are the Christ, THE SON Of The Living God” ......Only those that have had their hearts opened by a Visit from the Holy Spirit can give the proper response that Peter did.....( Flesh and Blood did not reveal this to you ) I suspect that you have not had that visit....
Bingo we have a winner !

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As Jesus asked Peter..... “ and who do “ you” say that I am?” ..... Peter said,” You are the Christ, THE SON Of The Living God” ......Only those that have had their hearts opened by a Visit from the Holy Spirit can give the proper response that Peter did.....( “Flesh and Blood did not reveal this to you”, Jesus told Peter ) I suspect that you have not had that visit....

What is this silliness you speak of .. I have never stated that the son of God was not divine.. you must be confusing me with someone else.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Really? It's not the position of the majority?
Perhaps if you add all the cults to the mix, but it's certainly the historical position.

You are very confused .. Not Catholics ..Not Orthodox (which you already have a majority) Not Lutherans and other non fundamentalist - which are the majority of Protestants ..

This leaves you with the fundamentalist Evangelical and Pentecostals in the US bible belt ..

They are the only ones that believe every word of the bible is to be taken literally ... as the literal word of God - without error .. inerrancy.

Your version of literalism is loop te doop to most of us .. but hey .. perhaps you are correct.. Just don't pretend you are the majority perspective.

Do you believe every word out of the mouth of the Popes was Inspired as well ? .. Gods Inspired Word ? His ordained servants on earth .. Pontifex Maximus . !?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They say exactly that. How else can one interpret leaving the faith? If it's impossible it would not have to be warned against.
If a person falls away from the faith they were never saved. They were what Jesus called stoney heart hearers. Lk 8:13

They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away

Reactions: ChristisGod

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.....and so that means we don't have to keep the set of laws! Since we are not made righteous by laws (justified by law), that means we don't have to obey them! Hallelujah, praise the Lord! That's where the church's thinking is today. But all that will get them is a fast exit to the left to the lake of fire when Jesus comes back. Many will have no works to save them from the lake of fire when Jesus comes back, but they sure will be confessing Christ with their mouth, lol! "But I have faith in you. I was active in my church!", they will say. If you really had faith in Jesus you wouldn't be standing there with no works to show for it.

When you see that the purpose of the Law was to show you that you could not keep it , Perhaps you will Understand that it was given to get people to “ Shut Up” about their delusional thinking in regard to it.The Law could only point out sin and your need for a Savior....
The Law served its purpose in my life.....The Holy Spirit, using the Law in the way that it was intended, lead me to Jesus. I traded in my reliance on the Law to show me how to live for something that was much better ....a thing that was hidden for Millenia , until God decided that it was time to reveal this “ Mystery”.He used Paul to reveal it —- “Christ IN Us”. THAT is our “ Hope for Glory” now—- the Indwelling Holy Spirit. Without that “ Holy Spirit” you are “ NONE of His”
Paul said that the Law was “ weak and useless” due to the fact that it had “ no Power” to Save.On the other hand ......Paul said that the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 “ DID” have the Power to Save . I’m going to put my Faith in that thing that can save —- not the thing that can only point me to it.

God Commands us to REST in His Gospel Of Grace......if you Refuse to Rest in the Finished Work Of The Cross, God will declare you Guilty Of Disobedience and UNBELIEF— SERIOUS STUFF! Stop “ TRYING” to be Saved by Laws that we’re never meant to save and start “TRUSTING” in the Remedy For Sin That WILL SAVE —- to the UTTERMOST! The “ remedy” is Grace. Plus Nothing. Exemplified by the Gospel That has the Power to actually CHANgE LIVES — from the INSIDE OUT....The Law was “ Outside In” and remember what Paul said , “ It had no power to save.It STILL has none.
Newbies and those still “ babes in the Faith” May not understand the following—- yet! But here is the Truth ......wanna do a better job keeping the Law? Wanna be “ more obedient” in regard to the things that God that God is “Really” Concerned about? A Contrite Heart....a Lover Of Mercy.....Kindness....Empathy.....Forgiveness.....A person who truly Loves God and their Brothers and Sisters? Take the Law—- pass it forward to somebody that needs it To see the NEED FOR JESUS... and “ YOU” That benefited from its True Purpose, “ Trade Up” to something that is much better—- Trusting in The Holy Spirit to Work “ IN and THROUGH” you.....
The Bible contains many Paradoxes.......if you want to be First— Be Last. If you went to Go Upward— Go Downward.Wanna be Obedient ? Wanna be a better Law Keeper, even though it does not save you? Quit worrying about either of theses things .The less I worry about the Law, the better job I do with it.....If you give God the Trust He wants, proven by your RESTING in His Gospel Of Grace , you will “FIND YOURSELF” doing those things that please God......” The man that finds LIFE will Find it by Trusting God”.......Let go and Let God......Trust Him to do what you can’t .We can use the Commandments to become more “ Moral” .We can Most certainly “ Turn over a New Leaf” , but only God can TRANSFORM US from the INSIDE OUT...... God Bless.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is this silliness you speak of .. I have never stated that the son of God was not divine.. you must be confusing me with someone else.

I don’t really post to you—- I use your posts and the posts of a few others at this Site that are confused and have been poorly taught as a “ Springboard” to get the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing out there for those New to the Faith that have not been ruined yet by Legalists , Religionists and Tares....I don’t post to those that are “ stiffed - Necked” or Biblically Ignorant.....please feel free to ignore me....we will both be happier.....

Reactions: HisLife

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in Seminaries

...cemeteries...

I realize your position... and it is an extreme one - one not shared by the majority of Christianity - Theology and so on.

Really depends on what you define Christianity as...

I define it as a narrower path than perhaps you do...

That if anyone does not ascribe to the truth of 2 Timothy 3:16, he is not a Christian.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your version of literalism is loop te doop to most of us .. but hey .. perhaps you are correct.. Just don't pretend you are the majority perspective.

Of course not...my perspective is not of the majority...but it is the right perspective (Matthew 7:13-14).

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is not sin the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4)?

Pro 28:9, He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

“ All things are Lawful”....
“Christians are DEAD to the Law”
Why do you want to see an increase in Sin? Don’t you know that God says “ The Law was given so that Sin might INCREASE!”
The Nastiest churches all have the same thing in common.....They Preach and Stress the Law That is “ weak and USELESS” according to Paul and never teach about the Grace Of God that is the True Engine that drives Obedience.....the ONLY Obedience that God is interested in....an obedience that stems from the Love formed in your heart when you awaken to the fact that all of your sins are Forgiven and you are a Member Of The Body Of Christ—- the place where “ it is FINISHED” .....and as far as your Salvation is concerned—— you are UNTOUCHABLE ! God bless ...l

Reactions: Debp and HisLife

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Nastiest churches all have the same thing in common.....They Preach and Stress the Law That is “ weak and USELESS”

The law is weak and useless to be able to impart life (Galatians 3:21)...

It is not weak and useless as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ (Galatians 3:24-25) showing them that they are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20) from sins (Matthew 1:21) and thus converting their souls (Psalms 19:7 (kjv)).

Psa 19:7, The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

See also Isaiah 55:10-11.

God bless ...l

Thank you...God bless you too!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Christians are DEAD to the Law”

Also, that Christians are dead to the law, refers to the fact that there is no more condemnation for the believer (Romans 8:1-a, John 5:24 (kjv)).

That New Covenant believers are governed by the law is evident from scriptures such as Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6.

More specifically, that we are governed by the love of Christ which is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 john 1:6, Romans 8:4).

That we bear the fruit of the Spirit against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23) and that this is a righteousness of God apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21).

Therefore the law declares that the righteousness of faith (Philippians 3:9) is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21).

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like I said before, if you don't believe all the Bible is inspired, you can make up any doctrine you want.. and all you seem to have is a lot of " maybe". Not anything there that offers any hope of salvation.

I do believe some of the Bible is inspired -- only a literalist believes all of the Bible is inspired .. and this is an extremist position which has brought horrible evil to the world - a narrative of Satan spun by the decieved.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe some of the Bible is inspired -- only a literalist believes all of the Bible is inspired .. and this is an extremist position which has brought horrible evil to the world - a narrative of Satan spun by the decieved.
Only the deceived think that the literalist point of view is a deception.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not weak and useless as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ (Galatians 3:24-25) showing them that they are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20) from sins (Matthew 1:21) and thus converting their souls (Psalms 19:7 (kjv)).

I know of nobody here that stresses the Role Of The Law in leading Lost sinners to Jesus than I do.....
I am with Paul.....” The Law is Only Good if you know how to use it”..... I learned how to use it and try to pass it in.......people ain’t getting many if these vital truths in their churches.....its “ Why,SURE Jesus Saves ! BUT! Once you know “ that” you must KEEP the Law to “ STAY” Saved........a Doctrine straight from Hell.....

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But you are the one pressing the issue by claiming that there are contradictions in the Bible, and accusing God of being schizophrenic and some kind of xenophobic genocidalist.

I will stand by the contention that there are no contradictions therein and that God will also be justified when He is judged (Romans 3:4).

I didn't accuse God of anything - You are the one that has put those monikers onto God. I categorically reject that God is a xenophobic genocidal maniac with the most petty and nasty of human characteristics .. a flip flopping God who makes a rule stating children should not be killed for the sins of their parents .. then turns around and has children killed because their parents worship idols .. the sin of the parents.

This is Your God .. the one YOU profess to believe in.. as that is how the God YHWH is depicted during the time of the Israelites.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...cemeteries...
Really depends on what you define Christianity as...

I define it as a narrower path than perhaps you do...

That if anyone does not ascribe to the truth of 2 Timothy 3:16, he is not a Christian.

You are on the Broad path .. one which many sheep are travelling .. thinking you have a free pass - and can avoid judgement.
you usurp the position of the Logos -- declaring who is a Christian and who is not - like you are the Judge.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I swear....it’s like shooting fish in a barrel with this guy.....

2 Tim 3:16-17.......” ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God” ......