The Eternal Security Heresy: A Comprehensive Refutation of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only the deceived think that the literalist point of view is a deception.

Deceived is the fellow who thinks the Most High is a flip flopping, xenophobic genocidal maniac with the most petty and nasty of human characteristics..

James 1 - scripture you run from 16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Your God is a flip flopper - and irrational God who can't make up its mind from one generation to the next.. This is not "The Father" of Jesus. - and you have been deceived.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deceived is the fellow who thinks the Most High is a flip flopping, xenophobic genocidal maniac with the most petty and nasty of human characteristics..

James 1 - scripture you run from 16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Your God is a flip flopper - and irrational God who can't make up its mind from one generation to the next.. This is not "The Father" of Jesus. - and you have been deceived.

Here is something that I have never seen God “ flip- flop” about......I’d say you could take this one to the bank.... “ The Gospel is Foolishness to those that Perish”

Reactions: HisLife

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know of nobody here that stresses the Role Of The Law in leading Lost sinners to Jesus than I do.....
I am with Paul.....” The Law is Only Good if you know how to use it”..... I learned how to use it and try to pass it in.......people ain’t getting many if these vital truths in their churches.....its “ Why,SURE Jesus Saves ! BUT! Once you know “ that” you must KEEP the Law to “ STAY” Saved........a Doctrine straight from Hell.....
You mentioned somewhere that the blood of Jesus and the grace of Christ is the Remedy for Sin...

My question to you is, is not sin the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4)?

Therefore is it not the result of being saved by grace that we will not violate the standard of the law?

Because we have received the remedy for sin; which is the transgression of the law.

Did not God say that Jesus would save His people from their sins in Matthew 1:21?

Is it not written that those who work iniquity will be cast into the furnace of fire (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 7:23)?

Reactions: amigo de christo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I happened to be reading the following passage in my devotions tonight; and @Blood Bought 1953, I think that it applies to your doctrine in a very profound way (especially what I have placed in larger letters):

Eze 33:1, Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Eze 33:2, Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:
Eze 33:3, If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;
Eze 33:4, Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.
Eze 33:5, He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.
Eze 33:6, But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.
Eze 33:7, So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.
Eze 33:8, When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Eze 33:9, Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
Eze 33:10, Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?
Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

In verse 13, I consider that trusting to his own righteousness can be referring to trusting that I have righteousness imputed to me and then going and sinning because "I have imputed righteousness" and therefore "I cannot lose my salvation".

Reactions: amigo de christo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 36:14, Thus saith the king, Let not Hezekiah deceive you: for he shall not be able to deliver you.
Isa 36:15, Neither let Hezekiah make you trust in the LORD, saying, The LORD will surely deliver us: this city shall not be delivered into the hand of the king of Assyria.
Isa 36:16, Hearken not to Hezekiah: for thus saith the king of Assyria, Make an agreement with me by a present, and come out to me: and eat ye every one of his vine, and every one of his fig tree, and drink ye every one the waters of his own cistern;
Isa 36:17, Until I come and take you away to a land like your own land, a land of corn and wine, a land of bread and vineyards.
Isa 36:18, Beware lest Hezekiah persuade you, saying, The LORD will deliver us. Hath any of the gods of the nations delivered his land out of the hand of the king of Assyria?
Isa 36:19, Where are the gods of Hamath and Arphad? where are the gods of Sepharvaim? and have they delivered Samaria out of my hand?
Isa 36:20, Who are they among all the gods of these lands, that have delivered their land out of my hand, that the LORD should deliver Jerusalem out of my hand?
Isa 36:21, But they held their peace, and answered him not a word: for the king's commandment was, saying, Answer him not.

re #1062.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I swear....it’s like shooting fish in a barrel with this guy.....

2 Tim 3:16-17.......” ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God” ......

Yes I know .. Repetition of premise is not proof of claim .. yet some figure repeating the same thing over and over again - done properly .. with hands over ears, eyes nose and any other orifice that might let the bad news in --- while twirling around in a circle - will make a falsehood true ... it is as unfortunate as a fish in a barrel to watch.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ took the Judgement due to me upon Himself at the Cross.....again, Christianity 101..... do you not have “any” sense of embarrassment ?

Embarrassment ? I am not the one usurping the position of Jesus - You on the other than think it is you who gets to pick and choose who makes it through the pearly gates .. think that you have a free pass ... "Do not Pass Judgement" card ... but the path you are on - may not be through the pearly gates my friend.

Not all who call Lord Lord will make it through the Pearly Gates Thar Matey - but only the one who does the "Will of the Father"

Thus sayeth the Lord - but, you want to follow the foolish doctrines of men - "Sola Fide" - introduced to the dogma section of Christianity around the 14th century by Martin Luther - who then became your new Prophet . whom you follow.

So I thought to myself - perhaps this is something I should check out this new Prophet and I found out that he has some writings that perhaps should be entered into the Protestant Canon.

The Gospel of this new Prophet of yours is quite something ... a small excerpt is below:

"....Jewish synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness,[2] afforded no legal protection,[3] and "these poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time.[4] "We are at fault in not slaying them".

The Chapter of this Gospel is called "On the Jews and their Lies" - On the Jews and Their Lies - Wikipedia

All Scripture is God Breathed - right ? :)

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No; for that is in the Old testament; which is passing away (2 Corinthians 3:12-15, Hebrews 8:13).

No, they should not be killed; for those things were spoken before the Cross.

After the Cross, there is a remedy for such sins (Acts of the Apostles 13:39).

1) Jesus believed in everything in God's word.

2) see above as to the reason why we are not required to kill the children of idolaters in this day and age.

The OT is God's Word .. now you are saying it doesn't apply - because Jesus said so .. but Jesus is God - so he can change his mind right :)

Jesus is not the flip flopping Divinity you make him out to be.. one day "Kill those babies - they are evil because their some people in the town in which they live had a Bonfire and were chanting to Baal" .. the next day "Love Neighbor as Self"

Oh this theory of yours is so much fun .. Bet Jesus had a whole bunch of fun having his minions kill babies and fetuses.. and of course the pregnant women of these evil children - polluted by the sin of others in their midst... according to you.

Ahh .. but this explains scripture .. perhaps you are correct.. when on the Cross - in the self induced masochistic delerium - Jesus is so ashamed of his previous actions that he forget's who he is .. and starts calling out to himself "My God - My God - why have you forsaken me"

but good that this baby killer got his just reward .. I do not think the God he is calling to should have rescued him either .. and Glad we no longer have to follow the word of that other God that was strung up and killed

Now that this God was punished for his sin .. and has gone from this world - I agree with you that we should not follow This God's word - and follow the God that punished this God for these evil deeds.

That is quite the story you have .. and especially what follows from your logic.. where do I sign up :)

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It’s pride, it’s against human nature to believe you can be saved without any help from yourself, it’s called pride

And contrary to the teachings of Jesus. We all must pass Judgement. There is no free pass through the pearly gates .. not according to Paul - not according to Jesus, Not according to his Brother James..

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Not all who call Lord Lord will make it through the Pearly Gates Thar Matey - but only the one who does the "Will of the Father"

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The work of God is that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. His sheep hear his voice, and he knows them, and they follow him
And he give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of his hand.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The work of God is that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. His sheep hear his voice, and he knows them, and they follow him
And he give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of his hand.

Try quoting from the Sermon in which this directive was given .. rather than jumping off script to a different page. Matt 5-7 tells you all you need to know about the will of the Father... now get to "work" .. as in "works" :)

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no debate.

end of the so-called debate.

hope this helps !!!

No I am afraid - the debate is very real - despite your desperate attempts to shut ears, mouth, nose - and anything else that might let the bad news in.

Jesus said a spirit does not have FLESH and BONES as you see that I have. Touch Me, put your hand into My side. Look at My hands and My feet. Jesus still retains His Crucifixion marks.

We all know of the stories of Jesus wandering around in the Flesh after death starting with Matt -- 80-100AD
The problem is - that no one seems to know about the Physical resurrection unto after this time period.

Jesus word TRUMPS your false teaching and beliefs.

Everything I have said is True - just because you can not deal with the Truth - does not mean that the teachings in Scripture are false.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know of nobody here that stresses the Role Of The Law in leading Lost sinners to Jesus than I do.....
I am with Paul.....” The Law is Only Good if you know how to use it”..... I learned how to use it and try to pass it in.......people ain’t getting many if these vital truths in their churches.....its “ Why,SURE Jesus Saves ! BUT! Once you know “ that” you must KEEP the Law to “ STAY” Saved........a Doctrine straight from Hell.....
Abiding requires abiding of some kind.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t really post to you—- I use your posts and the posts of a few others at this Site that are confused and have been poorly taught as a “ Springboard” to get the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing out there for those New to the Faith that have not been ruined yet by Legalists , Religionists and Tares....I don’t post to those that are “ stiffed - Necked” or Biblically Ignorant.....please feel free to ignore me....we will both be happier.....
What is grace?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How do you know James 1 is reliable?