The experiential knowing of Him….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:8 (NASB20)
See to it that there is no one who takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception in accordance with human tradition, in accordance with the elementary principles of the world, rather than in accordance with Christ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Philosophy is put forth as that thing that can bring one under bondage if one is not careful concerning it….

That being because philosophy uses human wisdom in its understanding of the things of God… Because philosophy is human understanding trying to figure out God, this is that that brings man into captivity to one’s own understanding…… This is the warning put forth about philosophy; trying to figure God out with the human mind rather than in accordance with Christ, accordance with Christ being accordance to faith in Christ…

For one can only know Christ through an experiential knowledge of Him… This philosophy can not do for philosophy is the human mind making use of the truths of scripture the best it can make use of them… And being that that is after the traditions of man, and not after the experiential knowing of Christ, which experiential knowing can only come through the hearts faith and trust in Him…

For salvation consists of the actual life of Christ in one coming to life, nothing less but a real experience of changing the old for the new…. This philosophy can not do, for philosophy only goes as deep as the mind and can not change life itself, but this, the experiential knowledge of Christ can do for it is it’s purpose…

For the new creation formed in one in the time of this life is the work of the experiential knowing of Christ… For this work makes use of the elementary things of this world as a means to the changing but they themselves are for the forming of the new creation in one…

For this experiential knowing of Christ is the only thing that will actually bring the heart to rest in God…. This is the inheritance of all those that belong to Him, joy is the fruit of tasting the reality of this truth in the time of this life, this truth being the very life of Christ Himself coming to life in one, which is the actual experiencing of the life of the new creation being formed in one….

In the Beloved, Not me

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a fantastic post. You know i have debated in Christian forums with people who claimed to be bible scholars they had degrees yet even nthough they knew the verses even though they were well put thogether they simply could not understand simple truths about God that only comes from knowing him personally. to many know their bibles but don't know God, to many cling close to their theologies but not to his heart.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a fantastic post. You know i have debated in Christian forums with people who claimed to be bible scholars they had degrees yet even nthough they knew the verses even though they were well put thogether they simply could not understand simple truths about God that only comes from knowing him personally. to many know their bibles but don't know God, to many cling close to their theologies but not to his heart.

Thanks for your witness….

The blessing and awesomeness is that regardless of how much one knows Christ, there is still an infinity yet to know….

Be so very blessed in diving into that infinity…

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: Cross8527

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your witness….

The blessing and awesomeness is that regardless of how much one knows Christ, there is still an infinity yet to know….

Be so very blessed in diving into that infinity…

A fellow servant of His, Not me
yes he truly is an infinite mystery an enigma I long to search out if only he would let me. If there is one prayer i have it is open the doors of your heart dear Lord let me in.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes he truly is an infinite mystery an enigma I long to search out if only he would let me. If there is one prayer i have it is open the doors of your heart dear Lord let me in.

Hi, with all do respect, I think God is more then willing, it is our hearts that need the opening…

But as your heart teaches….

Be blessed, Not me

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, with all do respect, I think God is more then willing, it is our hearts that need the opening…

But as your heart teaches….

Be blessed, Not me
he is willing but only in small doses. at a time my hunger for him is never sated he gives me enough of him that i don't starve but also not so much so that i am still hungry for more and in my time with him i have come to know a lot of himbut i yearn for much more and i constantly ask for more but again small doses. I want to know him deeply i want to search the vast ocean that is his heart to truly know him to dive and sink into his waters continually sinking as i come to know more and more of him falling head over heels for him the more i sink deeper into his waters, i want to know and taste his glory and majesty, his kingship and power i want to know the presence of God to know the inner most dwellings of his being. I am after his heart and i intend to search it with a very hungry heart but on this side of heaven i am only allowed so much at a time you see and it is torture

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he is willing but only in small doses. at a time my hunger for him is never sated he gives me enough of him that i don't starve but also not so much so that i am still hungry for more and in my time with him i have come to know a lot of himbut i yearn for much more and i constantly ask for more but again small doses. I want to know him deeply i want to search the vast ocean that is his heart to truly know him to dive and sink into his waters continually sinking as i come to know more and more of him falling head over heels for him the more i sink deeper into his waters, i want to know and taste his glory and majesty, his kingship and power i want to know the presence of God to know the inner most dwellings of his being. I am after his heart and i intend to search it with a very hungry heart but on this side of heaven i am only allowed so much at a time you see and it is torture

May He answer the call of your heart….

In the Beloved, Not me

Reactions: Cross8527