The False Doctrine with key word "COVER"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless you do not live perfectly in thought word or deed and do not slip even for a nanosecond! What happens to those people which includes all believers except for about 12 folk like you who think you no longer need to learn Scriptures because you are fully sanctified and have no need for any more learning and growing.

You believe "fully sanctified" is perfection. That is the error of believing sanctification is the name of the process we go through as maturing Christians. There are three stages when we come to Christ:

Justification - All our past sins and unrighteousness has been taken away, including the desires of the old nature. This is called being born again.

Sanctification - Going forward we are set apart for good works.

Glorification - Once the desire to sin is taken away and we have been set apart for good works, the fruit of the Spirit go through a lifetime process of maturing.

Romans 8:
these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

Steps to glorification:
2 Peter 1:
5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6 and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, 7 and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.

Love is the first and most important fruit of the Spirit and is listed first. However, in the process of glorification it is the last that gets perfected.

Galatians 5:
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You believe "fully sanctified" is perfection. That is the error of believing sanctification is the name of the process we go through as maturing Christians. There are three stages when we come to Christ:

Justification - All our past sins and unrighteousness has been taken away, including the desires of the old nature. This is called being born again.

Sanctification - Going forward we are set apart for good works.

Glorification - Once the desire to sin is taken away and we have been set apart for good works, the fruit of the Spirit go through a lifetime process of maturing.

Romans 8:
these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

Steps to glorification:
2 Peter 1:
5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6 and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, 7 and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.

Love is the first and most important fruit of the Spirit and is listed first. However, in the process of glorification it is the last that gets perfected.

Galatians 5:
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

"Fully sanctified" is His perfection not ours. Inside His righteousness we learn righteousness until we attain to the full stature of Christ IN righteousness in a full maturity. It is a higher righteousness than what man can normally attain. This is the righteousness of saints.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Fully sanctified" is His perfection not ours. Inside His righteousness we learn righteousness until we attain the the full stature of Christ IN righteousness in a full maturity. It is a higher righteousness than what man can normally attain. This is the righteousness of saints.

Semantics, maybe. I would say "fully glorified" is His perfection in us. I see sanctified back to back with justification at the same time, so past tense once we are born again.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Semantics, maybe. I would say "fully glorified" is His perfection in us. I see sanctified back to back with justification at the same time, so past tense once we are born again.
Hi CL,

I'm just curious about something, I think I know your answer, but I just want to make sure. Do you see this same thing as @Episkopos of multiple "levels" of the redeemed? Like "saints", "faithful", "cast to outer darkness", like that?

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi CL,

I'm just curious about something, I think I know your answer, but I just want to make sure. Do you see this same thing as @Episkopos of multiple "levels" of the redeemed? Like "saints", "faithful", "cast to outer darkness", like that?

Much love!

No, but it may just be semantics. I've never gotten into a discussion on this with him.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but it may just be semantics. I've never gotten into a discussion on this with him.
I guess his idea is that the saints rule the faithful from the New Jerusalem, so there is a pretty clear distinction in his view I think.

I didn't think you did, I just wanted to clarify. All the different discussions one can lose track sometimes . . .

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess his idea is that the saints rule the faithful from the New Jerusalem, so there is a pretty clear distinction in his view I think.

I didn't think you did, I just wanted to clarify. All the different discussions one can lose track sometimes . . .

Much love!

I know his view on outer darkness is different than mine, and mine is not cased in cement. LOL

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 3:4, And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
Mat 3:5, Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
Mat 3:6, And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
Mat 3:7, But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Mat 3:8, Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
Mat 3:9, And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
Mat 3:10, And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 3:11, I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Mat 3:12, Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to wait for the day of judgment to find out?

What if you're wrong?

Do you really want to be condemned on your day of judgment?

Impossible....Christ took any “ Judgement” due me on the Cross 2000 years ago ....Christianity 101... if I go to Hell, God is a Liar.....God is NOT a liar....
Jesus speaking here—- “ All Those That Believe In ME, already HAVE ETERNAL LIFE and shall NEVER come under Condemnation”...... If I may be frank here, just what the Hell would it “ take” to convince you “ weak Brothers” that God means BUSINESS ! Whoever turns to Him with Faith in Jesus Christ shall becsaved to the UTTERMOST—— God could not PUT it any plainer, yet the Stiff-Necked out there will NOT take God at His Word .... And “ I” do. That is Faith......that is the ONLY reason I will be in Heaven ....My Faith in The Blood Of Jesus, PLUS NOTHING qualifies me for Grace.....you want to get “ DISqualified? PROVE that you don’t really Believe that Christ’s Blood and Out Faith are Sufficient to Save—- PROVE that you must be “ Co-Savior” by adding your worthless Works to the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing.... PROVE that you think one must have a little “ WORKS INSURANCE” just in case God does not keep His Word....SAY that “ we are Saved by Grave”, But as you keep one foot in Grace , make sure you keep the other foot in Law , even though “ Christ is the END of the Law for Righteousness” ...it’s ONLY purpose was to get you to “ shut up” about keeping it ( you can’t ) and lead you to Jesus.....
Law and Grace do NOT mix.....trying to justify yourself before God with whatever your “ Pet” Law was, and how great you kept it will cancel out and obliterate the VERY THING that saves everybody that was ever Saved—— GRACE! Plus Nothing.I;am right and I know I am right.....Dont “YOU” Find out too late that the Song had it right all along......NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD ! If THAT is wrong—- send-me to Hell —- it’s a Chance I will take......and if God sends me to Hell—— I will STILL worship,Jesus! A wise man would take special note of that........

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is Faith......that is the ONLY reason I will be in Heaven ....My Faith in The Blood Of Jesus, PLUS NOTHING qualifies me for Grace

What I think you are failing to see is that the blood of Jesus does not only justify, as per Romans 5:9...it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

So there is a practical holiness that will be wrought in the person who is redeemed through the blood of Jesus.

Is it possible, that, when applied, it would do one thing (justify) without also doing the other (sanctify and cleanse the believer)?

Impossible....Christ took any “ Judgement” due me on the Cross 2000 years ago ....Christianity 101... if I go to Hell, God is a Liar.....God is NOT a liar....

If "your" righteousness does not exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will in no wise enter into the kingdom...you had better consider that God is not lying there (in Matthew 5:20) either.

PROVE that you think one must have a little “ WORKS INSURANCE” just in case God does not keep His Word....SAY that “ we are Saved by Grave”, But as you keep one foot in Grace , make sure you keep the other foot in Law , even though “ Christ is the END of the Law for Righteousness”

Christ is indeed the end of the law for righteousness; however the righteousness that is produced by Christ is attested to by the law and the prophets that it is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21).

The avenue by which we enter into righteousness no longer has to do with seeking to obey a set of do's and don'ts (crossing your t's and dotting your i's); but it has to do with receiving the Holy Spirit by faith (Galatians 3:14) and then bearing the fruit of the Spirit; against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

What this means is that the righteousness of the law will be fulfilled in us who do not walk after the flesh but after the Spirit (see also Romans 8:4)...

It is a righteousness of God apart from the law (Romans 3:21) because the avenue by which we obtain it is through being obedient to the leadings and promptings of the Holy Spirit (His love in our lives...Romans 5:5)...and not through attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts.

Love is the fulfilling of the law (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6; Romans 8:4 w/ Romans 5:5).

It is a very practical thing, this love (1 John 3:17-18).

Last edited:
Reactions: CharismaticLady

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are the one who has said you are perfect and no longer sin, thus fully sanctified! Everything you do is set apart for God according to you!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you have places that are still not set apart for God? That is called sin! You can't be perfect and not fully mature! that is just a falshood on your part!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should be concerned that your poor spelling does not set forth a message that is contrary to the message that God would have you set forth in your posts here.

A few extra seconds can make sure that someone does not stumble or be led astray.

If you have the love of the Lord in your heart, would you not take those extra seconds to make certain that you are not projecting the wrong kind of message?

Golly Gee, I guess you had a problem with Jesus then that He chose as a majority of His apostles semi-literate lower class men!

What you are doing is straining at gnats and swallowing camels. YOu worry about words I miss that I have spelled wrong and swallow the lie that you have ceased from sin for however long you think you have!

Of course I still need to read the Bible.

How else can we abide in Christ unless we draw up nourishment from the vine? Do we not do this by staying in the word?

But you are perfect in thought, word and deed according to you and CL. YO have a direct vein to the living Word and His Spirit and the Word is for the rest of us still growing in grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ! YOu are perfect , fully justified ( as I am) fully sanctified and fully holy with no errors or places that are not yielded in any tiny speck to the Lord- that is what perfection is and that is what you claim for yourself! So th ebible is something you do not need, for your knowledge has been perfected. It has to be so that you can avoid any sin at all. YOu have to have perfect knowledge of good and evil so you can always live in godliness and avoid evil as you say you do!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, no, once you truly repent, you shouldn't have to repent again and again as in the weak doctrine of covering our sin. You have no desire to do anything to repent of. Those desires have been TAKEN AWAY.
But isn't this bordering on saying that we should never be tempted and that temptation is sin? You know I basically agree with your view of holiness and that we should be steadily advancing in it. How can one advance if there is no room for improvement? I believe the spotless bride is the people who would rather die than accept the final deception, which leads to receiving the mark of the beast. Perhaps we shouldn't have to repent over and over, but who can say they go an entire hour without committing some sin of ommission? Even the good things I do are tainted with at least some minor degree of selfishness. I'm not always aware of it. But the Holy Spirit convicts at least once a day I need to ask forgiveness for the good I do not do as well as the bad I do. Even if I don't know exactly what it is I'm guilty of. I say the Lord's Prayer every night before I go to sleep, just in case my prayer thoughout the day is amiss or insufficient in some way. "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors." Is it just vain, heathen repitition?
Good thread, btw, Sis. :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Golly Gee, I guess you had a problem with Jesus then that He chose as a majority of His apostles semi-literate lower class men!

What you are doing is straining at gnats and swallowing camels. YOu worry about words I miss that I have spelled wrong and swallow the lie that you have ceased from sin for however long you think you have!

But you are perfect in thought, word and deed according to you and CL. YO have a direct vein to the living Word and His Spirit and the Word is for the rest of us still growing in grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ! YOu are perfect , fully justified ( as I am) fully sanctified and fully holy with no errors or places that are not yielded in any tiny speck to the Lord- that is what perfection is and that is what you claim for yourself! So th ebible is something you do not need, for your knowledge has been perfected. It has to be so that you can avoid any sin at all. YOu have to have perfect knowledge of good and evil so you can always live in godliness and avoid evil as you say you do!

My position is not that I have personally reached the goal of perfection but that perfection is a reachable goal (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv)).

Because if I am indeed perfect, I cannot take the position that I have obtained the goal of perfection...for the attitude of the perfect is that we have room to grow (Philippians 3:12-15).