The False Doctrine with key word "COVER"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But isn't this bordering on saying that we should never be tempted and that temptation is sin?

Temptation, itself, is not a sin. Everyone has things thrown in front of us called temptations. Just don't become enticed. God always provides a way of escape so that temptation does not conceive (enticed/dwelling on it) and finally give birth to sin. Resist the devil and he will flee.

14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Sin is a long way from first seeing something tempting. I remember when I was married to an abusive man, and would see a nice looking man. I would shake my head vigorously to get his image out of my thoughts and think about something else.

Even the good things I do are tainted with at least some minor degree of selfishness. I'm not always aware of it.

14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

When we walk in the Spirit, notice that the blood of Jesus continually cleanses us of all sin. And also notice we continue to have fellowship with each other. 1 John 1:7. It is because of obeying the order to love and forgive each other.

The yoke of Jesus is easy. There are basically two things we need to do.

• Obey your super-sensitized, Spirit-lead conscience where the moral laws of God are written. 1 John 3:21-24, and
  • Forgive always. Matthew 6:14-15
If you can go to bed with a clear conscience like Paul did, we are assured of being in right alighnment with God and are pleasing Him. And as a plus, all my prayers are answered and I receive what the prayer is about.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I think you are failing to see is that the blood of Jesus does not only justify, as per Romans 5:9...it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

So there is a practical holiness that will be wrought in the person who is redeemed through the blood of Jesus.

Is it possible, that, when applied, it would do one thing (justify) without also doing the other (sanctify and cleanse the believer)?

If "your" righteousness does not exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will in no wise enter into the kingdom...you had better consider that God is not lying there (in Matthew 5:20) either.

Christ is indeed the end of the law for righteousness; however the righteousness that is produced by Christ is attested to by the law and the prophets that it is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21).

The avenue by which we enter into righteousness no longer has to do with seeking to obey a set of do's and don'ts (crossing your t's and dotting your i's); but it has to do with receiving the Holy Spirit by faith (Galatians 3:14) and then bearing the fruit of the Spirit; against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

What this means is that the righteousness of the law will be fulfilled in us who do not walk after the flesh but after the Spirit (see also Romans 8:4)...

It is a righteousness of God apart from the law (Romans 3:21) because the avenue by which we obtain it is through being obedient to the leadings and promptings of the Holy Spirit (His love in our lives...Romans 5:5)...and not through attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts.

Love is the fulfilling of the law (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6; Romans 8:4 w/ Romans 5:5).

It is a very practical thing, this love (1 John 3:17-18).

Not much here that I disagree with....just as long as we don’t put the Cart before the Horse.....We do OUR Part after God does HIS Part.....He opens our Hearts to Receive the Gospel when we here it....We respond with Trust.....For that Simple Trust , God gives us Everything......He puts His Spirit in us , grants us “ eyes to see and ears to hear” and goes to work changing the “Inside Of the Cup” —— an act that ONLY HE can accomplishment.....we can change the “ outside of the cup “ and impress a lot of people but only GOD can “ Transform” a Heart.......we need to get out of the way and let God do wgatconky HE “ can” do......”Transform us into the Image Of His Son”—— the POINT of Everything! We Trust— HE Transforms.....As Paul said.....we finish our Christian walk the Same Way we Started it —- FAITH ! How are we to live, now that we are Saved? “ The Righteous shall live by FAITH”.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what are the qualifications of "Believe"? Willful sinning is not an option for those who actually believe.

Try to dig a little Deeper.....put on your Thinking Cap....EVERY Sin you commit is “Willful” to some degree.....
Your flawed , confused thinking about “ willful sin” that stems from the bad teaching you have listened to in regard to Hebrews 10 has perverted your entire “ take” on the Bible.....The Truth behind those scary verses is so Easily seen when you escape Jack- Legged , well- intentioned But Ignorant Preachers , it is almost comical to see how badly it was misunderstood.....do yourself the biggest favor that you could ever do yourself......google “ Andrew Farley Hebrews 10” ......Newbies, I BEG you to do the same......don’t let your Faith - Lives become ShipWrecked going out the gate.....God Bless...

Reactions: ChristisGod

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to dig a little Deeper.....put on your Thinking Cap....EVERY Sin you commit is “Willful” to some degree.....
Your flawed , confused thinking about “ willful sin” that stems from the bad teaching you have listened to in regard to Hebrews 10 has perverted your entire “ take” on the Bible.....The Truth behind those scary verses is so Easily seen when you escape Jack- Legged , well- intentioned But Ignorant Preachers , it is almost comical to see how badly it was misunderstood.....do yourself the biggest favor that you could ever do yourself......google “ Andrew Farley Hebrews 10” ......Newbies, I BEG you to do the same......don’t let your Faith - Lives become ShipWrecked going out the gate.....God Bless...
And what are the qualifications of "Believe"?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was sanctified 43 years ago.

I was sanctified (set apart) forty six years ago!

Since that day, I am being sanctified (being made holy) by God.

YOu have declared yourself not only set apart but finished in holiness by your declaration you never sin in anything anymore!

I will not let you try to hyper parse words to try to make them mean something different than they are used.

If you do not sin- you are perfect. If you do not sin- You are practically fully holy! To disagree with these accepted definitions is to lie which ends you r no sin and practical holy run!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is just playing word games by you!

Perfection means no sin in thought word or deed. all your thoughts are sinless, all your words are sinless and all your deeds are sinless. So you are perfectednow!

Sorry, but there is a difference, whether you think so or not.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu have declared yourself not only set apart but finished in holiness by your declaration you never sin in anything anymore!

I will not let you try to hyper parse words to try to make them mean something different than they are used.

If you do not sin- you are perfect. If you do not sin- You are practically fully holy! To disagree with these accepted definitions is to lie which ends you r no sin and practical holy run!

I'm only obeying Christ's words of "Be perfect, as my Father in heaven is perfect." Would Jesus give such a command if He didn't equip our new nature to accomplish what He set out for us to do? You seem to think it is bad to be righteous or holy. Don't you know only the righteous or holy will enter heaven? Revelation 22:11

I was sanctified (set apart) forty six years ago!

Since that day, I am being sanctified (being made holy) by God.

For many decades I always heard about sanctification, but not really anything in Scripture that coincided with the teaching. I always was it as in the past tense. And you are right, you were sanctified 46 years ago if that is when you received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. You are not becoming more set apart. That's done.

Since my baptism I was given the ability to hear His voice, and any question I asked like 'if sanctification is being set apart, and that was accomplished when I was justified (cleansed of all past sins), then what is the name of the process of maturity we go through during our lives to become perfect?" He answered immediately, and said, "Glorification." It has been thought erroneously that we have to wait until after we are dead to be glorified, but that isn't the case. Glorification is the process of becoming more and more like Christ (who is God.) It is partaking of the divine nature. 2 Peter 1:2-4

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm only obeying Christ's words of "Be perfect, as my Father in heaven is perfect." Would Jesus give such a command if He didn't equip our new nature to accomplish what He set out for us to do? You seem to think it is bad to be righteous or holy. Don't you know only the righteous or holy will enter heaven? Revelation 22:11

For many decades I always heard about sanctification, but not really anything in Scripture that coincided with the teaching. I always was it as in the past tense. And you are right, you were sanctified 46 years ago if that is when you received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. You are not becoming more set apart. That's done.

Since my baptism I was given the ability to hear His voice, and any question I asked like 'if sanctification is being set apart, and that was accomplished when I was justified (cleansed of all past sins), then what is the name of the process of maturity we go through during our lives to become perfect?" He answered immediately, and said, "Glorification." It has been thought erroneously that we have to wait until after we are dead to be glorified, but that isn't the case. Glorification is the process of becoming more and more like Christ (who is God.) It is partaking of the divine nature. 2 Peter 1:2-4

Two different greek words are used for being sanctified! One I believe of you, the second ? In you rposition yes- but in your life? NO!

Whoever spoke to you about glorification was no teh Lord. for this voice contradicts His Word.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two different greek words are used for being sanctified! One I believe of you, the second ? In you rposition yes- but in your life? NO!

Whoever spoke to you about glorification was no teh Lord. for this voice contradicts His Word.

You really need to study His word more to say I don't know what I'm talking about. Romans 8:29-30. And I know His voice very well.

Reactions: Nancy

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The CROSS changed many, many things.....here is a BIG thing that changed.....Jesus left us with only Two Commandments.....read 1 John3:23..... “ BELIEVE and LOVE”....... concentrate on those two alone and watch how everything else you are forced to worry about just kinda take care of themselves....
One MUST be both “ Righteous and Holy” as you say. These two items-are IMPUTED to All Of Those That “ Turn to God with Faith in Jesus Christ”.....are you EVER going to “ GET” that? As I have said. Previously —— allow me to speak to your husband or the people who know you best....THEN we will see how “ Holy” you are......people like you are a Walking Joke.....all of us out here know what it is to be Human—- we SIN every damned hour of every damned day! You are Delusional if you think you don’t......we ALL know that ! But not you.....

Reactions: Nancy

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly sin is willful rebellion against God. Sin is caving to self instead of pleasing God and putting Him first or others as more important than ourselves.

If Christians actually lived as if God were really present with them 24/7 we would sin less. With our lips we say we believe that but in our action/sin we really deny His presence both as Omnipresent and the Indwelling Spirit.

I love this quote:

“The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.”

― Brennan Manning

hope this helps !!!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The CROSS changed many, many things.....here is a BIG thing that changed.....Jesus left us with only Two Commandments.....read 1 John3:23..... “ BELIEVE and LOVE”....... concentrate on those two alone and watch how everything else you are forced to worry about just kinda take care of themselves....
One MUST be both “ Righteous and Holy” as you say. These two items-are IMPUTED to All Of Those That “ Turn to God with Faith in Jesus Christ”.....are you EVER going to “ GET” that? As I have said. Previously —— allow me to speak to your husband or the people who know you best....THEN we will see how “ Holy” you are......people like you are a Walking Joke.....all of us out here know what it is to be Human—- we SIN every damned hour of every damned day! You are Delusional if you think you don’t......we ALL know that ! But not you.....

Hello B.B.,
First off, I must speak up for our sister, @CharismaticLady
I believe there is a huge disconnect when it comes to the different "kinds" of offences. There is not 100% agreement on several things between her and I. But, I HAVE learned from her. Her and I think we have become true sisters in Christ and I love her as God commanded us to love one another. It is up to US to divide the scriptures rightly. EVERYONE on here it seems has all kinds of differing beliefs. And, if you are of a thought to say something like "what if a newbie came on here and read her posts, and, and ..."
If that newbie is truly seeking, they WILL find God despite all the other teachings we might find erroneous on this site and, man o man, there is much of that IMHO.
On a lighter note :) I LOVE Andrew Farley, had to be a good 8 or so years now since I came home from work and heard him speaking on a Christian station (I leave talk radio on for the dogs when not home) At the time, I was seeking God in a way I did not realize...kind of gave up really! But when I walked through that door that day, I was amazed not only by what I heard him speak but the fact that the station I ALWAYS had on was a whole different station! I NEVER had the Christian one on so...i am still so very amazed at that! Anyhow, I started listening to him ALL THE TIME! bought his books and such as well. He is an awesome grace teacher. You also probably know that he gave up his tenure ship at Texas State (I think it was T.S.) ...he is a professor of linguistics...he left to go full force into ministry. I have not listened to him in a bit but, every so often I will tune in on Sunday afternoons to his q and a...it is call in live. Since that day I came home and heard him, it has been God or bust with me so, I attribute my peaked hope and hunger for ALL things of God to hearing Andrew Farley that day. Now, saying all of that, there are still some things I do not quite agree on with him, but his core teachings are solid.
God Bless!