The False Doctrine with key word "COVER"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @CharismaticLady,

Would you please explain why you say, (quote) ' ... and are cleansed by our Advocate when we forgive others their trespasses against us.' Am I right in thinking that you believe that we are only 'cleansed' when we ourselves forgive others ?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

After we are born again and cleansed of all unrighteousness, yes.

We are already dead to sins of lawlessness. In other words, I'm born again and feel no desire to murder, commit adultery, fornicate or steal. My born again nature just doesn't do those things. But I'm not perfect, and can still become hurt and get angry at someone for some trespass against me. Matthew 6:14-15 tells me I have to forgive them, otherwise my own sins of omission or trespasses will not be forgiven me. But when I do forgive them, that burden is lifted and Jesus advocates on my behalf. It is for the purpose of reconciliation among the brethren. 1 John 1:7 shows a person walking in the Spirit, and having fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus is cleansing them of all sins. Trespasses are sins, but not unto death.

1 John 2:1 has no mention of our repenting of some major sin, so Jesus is not automatically our Advocate for sins of lawlessness; otherwise He would never say to some who called Him Lord, and cast out demons in His name and prophesied by the Holy Spirit, "Depart from Me, I never knew you, you workers of iniquity!"

C, you know we are forgiven of our past sins. 2 Peter 1:9. But no where does the word say we are forgiven of our present or future sins of willful lawlessness. 1 John 5:16-17; Hebrews 10:26-31.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what do you prefer? Commit or practice and why?

If a person is identified as a hypocrite after being born again for a particular sin they committed is that person lost ?

For acting one way around a certain group and another way around a different group, hence a hypocrite.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person is identified as a hypocrite after being born again for a particular sin they committed is that person lost ?

For acting one way around a certain group and another way around a different group, hence a hypocrite.

Can you answer my question, instead of changing subjects? Do you prefer "commit" or "practice"? And why?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will answer it after my last question is answered regarding a hypocrite.

I have no idea what the circumstances are, I'm not God. But, no, I bet whoever is calling them a hypocrite is judging them falsely and doing the same thing themselves, like Paul accusing Peter of being a hypocrite when Paul did the same thing to save those he's with. And actually, Paul committed the more damaging accusation, and was more of a hypocrite than Peter. You don't see where Peter could defend himself to us, do you? Those are trespasses, not willful sins of lawlessness. So tell me. Which do you prefer? Commit or practice. And what is the difference in our actions.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what the circumstances are, I'm not God. But, no, I bet whoever is calling them a hypocrite is judging them falsely and doing the same thing themselves, like Paul accusing Peter of being a hypocrite when Paul did the same thing to save those he's with. And actually, Paul committed the more damaging accusation, and was more of a hypocrite than Peter. You don't see where Peter could defend himself to us, do you? Those are trespasses, not willful sins of lawlessness. So tell me. Which do you prefer? Commit or practice. And what is the difference in our actions.

What is interesting is that Peter called Paul "our beloved brother." So obviously they reconciled; we just don't see where Paul apologized to Peter. Reconciliation is the purpose of forgiveness.
So you are calling Paul a liar since he confronted Peter on his hypocrisy. You are allowing your own bias to dictate what scripture is teaching because its in opposition to your own personal belief system. The fact is Peter was being a hypocrite and Paul addressed that face to face with Peter.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are calling Paul a liar since he confronted Peter on his hypocrisy. You are allowing your own bias to dictate what scripture is teaching because its in opposition to your own personal belief system. The fact is Peter was being a hypocrite and Paul addressed that face to face with Peter.

Peter called Paul "our beloved brother." So obviously they reconciled; we just don't see where Paul apologized to Peter. And if Paul didn't; then Peter forgave him anyway and was the bigger man. Reconciliation is the purpose of forgiveness.

Answer my question!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter called Paul "our beloved brother." So obviously they reconciled; we just don't see where Paul apologized to Peter. And if Paul didn't; then Peter forgave him anyway and was the bigger man. Reconciliation is the purpose of forgiveness.

Answer my question!
Paul didn't need to apologize to Peter, where did Paul sin against Peter ?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it has to be an error in Strong's as
"commit" is once
"practice" is mostly hit, but sometimes miss. This is why you want to argue to have your loophole. Talk about hypocrisy.
talk about self righteousness and judging others with the plank/splinter analogy.

I bet you walk on water too.........................

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I will cast any more pearls this morning. You should change the title of the thread to the leaven of the pharisees and outward perfectionism, self righteousness and sinless perfection heresy.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem so...

Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

Where's the grace? Not one NT scripture n sight.

"It would seem so..."

"Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby."

To me, it would seem not.

Oh how the apple of God's eye sinned! (David, a man after God's own heart!) He turned around (repented) and was again trusting in God, and was again blessed. So...if what he did, which was totally breaking the law he was living under, how did he get back in God's good graces?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
talk about self righteousness and judging others with the plank/splinter analogy.

I bet you walk on water too.........................

@Nancy, I see you like Christophany's post. Do you really not see that "he cannot sin" means not even once??? It cannot be "practices," mostly. William Tyndale translated the first Greek to English New Testament, and he translated "committeth." Practices twists the meaning to less than perfect. Is God's seed less than perfect???

KJV
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

NASB
No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This is why it is so important to read the whole verse, and other verses for context. That is if you are a servant of God and want to know what His Word actually means without looking for loopholes. And this is also a prime example of the world hating us and mocking us because of Jesus.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I will cast any more pearls this morning. You should change the title of the thread to the leaven of the pharisees and outward perfectionism, self righteousness and sinless perfection heresy.

KJV
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.