The False Doctrines with OTHER key words

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about many people, and I think there are people of all descriptions. But that doesn't change what the Bible teaches, does it?
What the Bible teaches is always a problem when we express it that way. I don't believe that the Bible teaches although a person may learn something from the Bible. I express it this way because two or three or more persons can and do read the same verses from the same Bible and come up with sometimes radically different interpretations.
What I believe, practice, and teach, is that we may have through faith in Christ that abundance of life that comes with sharing God's life, through Christ.

This is eternal life, knowing God, and is ours now by faith in Christ. By that very same faith, in the completed work of Christ, our reconciliation to God, we are able to stand in God's grace, enjoying in abundance love, and joy, and peace, and self-control, and all the fruit of the Spirit. By that same faith, in our full reconciliation to God, our hearts and minds open to Him, to receive from Him all He desires for us. Much love!

If you are meaning that we should now be in that more abundant Life I agree. The question of what it takes to actually be there is where we are at... Too many I am afraid miss the Way because they are deluded for a lack of Love of Truth. Has anyone ever been in love with God and stopped loving Him? God knows!

Today is the day. Anyone who is expecting it tomorrow and later may have a problem.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are meaning that we should now be in that more abundant Life I agree. The question of what it takes to actually be there is where we are at...
Agreed!

So I look at Romans 5 as one place that gives us plain and clear teaching.

1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

We have been justified by faith, and by faith in Christ we may enter the grace in which we stand.

Be it to you according to your faith. So many think "Be it to you according to your effort", but I don't find that in Scripture myself.

For me, trusting in Jesus to have fully reconciled me to God, this seems to just open me right up to the power of the Holy Spirit, and His sanctification. Which exactly matches what I read in the Bible, that we have the righteousness of Christ by faith, not by our own efforts.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the Bible teaches is always a problem when we express it that way. I don't believe that the Bible teaches although a person may learn something from the Bible. I express it this way because two or three or more persons can and do read the same verses from the same Bible and come up with sometimes radically different interpretations.
In saying, The Bible teaches . . . yes, this is abbreviated.

I think that the Bible says a certain thing, and that we either understand or misunderstand.

I think that God supernaturally uses the Bible, as He does many things, to speak to our hearts. In the words of Scripture God finds a rich vocabulary to speak to us with. And He also gives us instruction through it.

So then God teaches us using the Bible, and the Bible says a certain thing, so I point to the Bible for authority, but truly I believe that authority is from God. The Bible is the written record so we have something objective to look to.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In saying, The Bible teaches . . . yes, this is abbreviated.

I think that the Bible says a certain thing, and that we either understand or misunderstand.

I think that God supernaturally uses the Bible, as He does many things, to speak to our hearts. In the words of Scripture God finds a rich vocabulary to speak to us with. And He also gives us instruction through it.

So then God teaches us using the Bible, and the Bible says a certain thing, so I point to the Bible for authority, but truly I believe that authority is from God. The Bible is the written record so we have something objective to look to.

Much love!
When God teaches us, using the Bible or something else, I believe, the necessary difference is in the Holy Spirit. Then the question might what is the Holy Spirit and who is being taught or led by the Holy Spirit? You do not see the Bible as I see it, but perhaps that is another communication problem rather than a real difference...?

Reactions: Nancy and marks

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walking in the light may include obedience; but it is primarily defined as being transparent before God and man.

Jhn 3:20, For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jhn 3:21, But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Jesus said this after not condemning the woman caught in adultery and told her to go and sin no more.

John 8
[12] Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God teaches us, using the Bible or something else, I believe, the necessary difference is in the Holy Spirit. Then the question might what is the Holy Spirit and who is being taught or led by the Holy Spirit? You do not see the Bible as I see it, but perhaps that is another communication problem rather than a real difference...?
God doesn't work in a vacuum and give understanding without effort on our part. A Disciple is by definition one who learns from His Master.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Acts 17:11
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Proverbs 1:5
A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

Proverbs 9:9
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

Psalm 1:2,3
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night…

Psalm 119:97,100,148
O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day…

For it is precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line. One cannot have a firm foundation without diligently studying Gods word.

Why do so many so-called Christians give so little attention to Gods word and knowing it but in other endeavors learn a trade, become an apprentice who then becomes a journeyman and an expert in their field ?

Yet the most important thing in this life God and knowing Him gets our leftovers, no time, no setting aside time for prayer and study but getting our leftovers.

Its the sunday christian syndrome. Its no wonder this generation is so lost just look at their parents.

hope this helps !!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't work in a vacuum and give understanding without effort on our part. A Disciple is by definition one who learns from His Master.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
That verse [II Tim 2:15] tells to study but it does not tell us that study alone will result in us knowing God's Truth. If it did then the best Bible scholars and students would be those closest to God. God is no respecter of persons. His judgment is fair. He looks at the heart of a man to determine what a man has done or is doing what he has been given. Not every man has been provided with the same things which is why no man can fairly judge another:

"These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment." Prov 24:23

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:" Acts 10:34

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

What has a man been given by God? Great material riches or extreme material poverty? High IQ or low IQ? Good education or no education? Good Christian parents or effectively devilish parents? Bible in native language or not? Ten years of natural life or 110 years of natural life? Etc.

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
Led by the Holy Spirit it goes well, but when a person studies without the Holy Spirit for whatever reason the result is as we see here:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

So then Jesus explains for the us about the Truth:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

And the Apostle Paul warns us about quenching the Spirit in us:

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

And Paul also warns us what happens when we do not love the Truth. We are to love the Truth even when we do not see it clearly:

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night…

O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day…

For it is precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line. One cannot have a firm foundation without diligently studying Gods word.

Why do so many so-called Christians give so little attention to Gods word and knowing it but in other endeavors learn a trade, become an apprentice who then becomes a journeyman and an expert in their field ?

Yet the most important thing in this life God and knowing Him gets our leftovers, no time, no setting aside time for prayer and study but getting our leftovers.

Its the sunday christian syndrome. Its no wonder this generation is so lost just look at their parents.

hope this helps !!!
Also why do some eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus so seldom or even not at all?

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

Without them what are we missing? With them what do we have?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That verse [II Tim 2:15] tells to study but it does not tell us that study alone will result in us knowing God's Truth. If it did then the best Bible scholars and students would be those closest to God. God is no respecter of persons. His judgment is fair. He looks at the heart of a man to determine what a man has done or is doing what he has been given. Not every man has been provided with the same things which is why no man can fairly judge another:

"These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment." Prov 24:23

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:" Acts 10:34

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

What has a man been given by God? Great material riches or extreme material poverty? High IQ or low IQ? Good education or no education? Good Christian parents or effectively devilish parents? Bible in native language or not? Ten years of natural life or 110 years of natural life? Etc.

Led by the Holy Spirit it goes well, but when a person studies without the Holy Spirit for whatever reason the result is as we see here:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

So then Jesus explains for the us about the Truth:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

And the Apostle Paul warns us about quenching the Spirit in us:

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

And Paul also warns us what happens when we do not love the Truth. We are to love the Truth even when we do not see it clearly:

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

Also why do some eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus so seldom or even not at all?

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

Without them what are we missing? With them what do we have?
And none of what you said has anything whatsoever to do with studying Scripture and each individual persons responsibility to know Gods word as the numerous passages I quoted in Both Testaments declare.

So please address that topic.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
noun
CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY
  1. (especially in the Roman Catholic Church) the conversion of the substance of the Eucharistic elements into the body and blood of Christ at consecration, only the appearances of bread and wine still remaining.
The wafers and the wine have been scientifically tested before and after consecration. They were exactly the same.

"It is the Spirit giving life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit and they are life."
John 6:63

John 6:57
"As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.
This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna,"

The words He spoke were "Spirit"...I don't think Jesus would want to be cannabalized. :eek:
xo
Yes indeed dear sister . JESUS said , The Words that i speak unto you are Spirit and they are life .
LET the lambs feast on those bibles . YES INDEED SISTER . AND leap up and praise the glorious KING .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And none of what you said has anything whatsoever to do with studying Scripture and each individual persons responsibility to know Gods word as the numerous passages I quoted in Both Testaments declare.

So please address that topic.
Are you then the all knowing teacher of all that God has to offer to people today? Your words in your brief response make it appear to to me that either you did not read carefully what I wrote or you did not understand what you did read. Communication is often a problem among men, but God can speak to the heart of any man.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Nancy

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you then the all knowing teacher of all that God has to offer to people today? Your words in your brief response make it appear to to me that either you did not read carefully what I wrote or you did not understand what you did read. Communication is often a problem among men, but God can speak to the heart of any man.

Give God the glory!
try responding to the scriptures instead of ad hominem attacks.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night

O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day

hope this helps !!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
try responding to the scriptures instead of ad hominem attacks.
I really did not attack you personally. I asked questions and doubted your understanding because according to what I wrote your responses made no sense to me. Instead responding to any of my questions you simply quoted the same verses you had already quoted in a previous post as if that clarified. I am familiar with the verses, but I still don't understand what you are saying or what you beliefs are here. Since you also don't understand me I presumed and still presume that there was/is a communication problem.

If there is some statement I have which you do not understand, simply ask me. If I can I will try to explain.

hope this helps !!!
As I did point out, study alone will not accomplish what you say it will. The foundation is as per Paul's words here:

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." I Cor 3:11

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really did not attack you personally. I asked questions and doubted your understanding because according to what I wrote your responses made no sense to me. Instead responding to any of my questions you simply quoted the same verses you had already quoted in a previous post as if that clarified. I am familiar with the verses, but I still don't understand what you are saying or what you beliefs are here. Since you also don't understand me I presumed and still presume that there was/is a communication problem.

If there is some statement I have which you do not understand, simply ask me. If I can I will try to explain.

As I did point out, study alone will not accomplish what you say it will. The foundation is as per Paul's words here:

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." I Cor 3:11
And how can one know the foundation of Christ if they do not know who He is ?

like I said earlier can a false christ save ?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how can one know the foundation of Christ if they do not know who He is ?
Many people and devils know, or think they know, who Jesus is and perhaps many of them do in a measure... but how many of them know Him?

like I said earlier can a false christ save ?
I already answered that question for you on another thread:

He is YHWH but why does he speak so?!

Did you disagree with my answer?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people and devils know, or think they know, who Jesus is and perhaps many of them do in a measure... but how many of them know Him?

I already answered that question for you on another thread:

He is YHWH but why does he speak so?!

Did you disagree with my answer?
You didn't answer the question.

Why all the warnings from Jesus and the Apostles about false christs ?

What is a false christ ?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer the question.
My answer was, no, there is no salvation in any other "name" as per:

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Why all the warnings from Jesus and the Apostles about false christs ?
So that we will always know to follow Him rather than any other? If we are His sheep, we will know His voice!

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:4-5

What is a false christ ?
Any of those "strangers" whose voices, we are not to know!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer was, no, there is no salvation in any other "name" as per:

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

So that we will always know to follow Him rather than any other? If we are His sheep, we will know His voice!

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:4-5

Any of those "strangers" whose voices, we are not to know!
So you sure quote allot of scripture, ask allot of questions and make allot of comments about scripture.

Are you a learner , a disciple ?

If you are then why are you disagreeing to these scriptures ?

Study to shew thyself approved unto God
, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you sure quote allot of scripture, ask allot of questions and make allot of comments about scripture.

Are you a learner , a disciple ?
I grew up as a devout young Catholic fully intending to become a priest. I never made it that far. When I graduated from high school [1961] things changed and I pulled away from God until 1976. That year at age 32 I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost for the first time in my life began reading a Bible and striving to serve God. From 1978 a friend bought me two more Bibles I began reading the scriptures in three languages [English, German and Spanish]. Daily now I commune with God each morning and read and study and listen and talk. Seven days a week and 24 hours per day I belong to him. I strive to surrender more completely to Him, "to pray without ceasing", "to rejoice in the Lord always" to do those impossible things to allow Him to overcome in me all that stands between me and Him.

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

If you are then why are you disagreeing to these scriptures ?
I did not disagree with any verses you quoted including these.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God
, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Study is done to obey God and be approved by Him. To learn all things, consider Jesus' words here:

Without the Holy Ghost leading us, no amount of Bible study will not build that 'firm foundation'. We need to "eat His flesh" and have it brought to Life within us by the quickening Spirit:

"[God] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up as a devout young Catholic fully intending to become a priest. I never made it that far. When I graduated from high school [1961] things changed and I pulled away from God until 1976. That year at age 32 I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost for the first time in my life began reading a Bible and striving to serve God. From 1978 a friend bought me two more Bibles I began reading the scriptures in three languages [English, German and Spanish]. Daily now I commune with God each morning and read and study and listen and talk. Seven days a week and 24 hours per day I belong to him. I strive to surrender more completely to Him, "to pray without ceasing", "to rejoice in the Lord always" to do those impossible things to allow Him to overcome in me all that stands between me and Him.

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

Study is done to obey God and be approved by Him. To learn all things, consider Jesus' words here:

Without the Holy Ghost leading us, no amount of Bible study will not build that 'firm foundation'. We need to "eat His flesh" and have it brought to Life within us by the quickening Spirit:

"[God] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6
Amen thank you for sharing and we agree !

And I'm glad we worked through this and just so you know I believe all the other scriptures you quoted in our exchange. I just wanted to focus on being a disciple, a learner. Once again thank you for sharing your story.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've learned a slew from you John sine being on here over 2 years now.
You are one of the most "sold out for Christ" Christian I know
And...Give God The Glory! :)

Reactions: amadeus