The False Doctrines with OTHER key words

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've learned a slew from you John sine being on here over 2 years now.
You are one of the most "sold out for Christ" Christian I know
And...Give God The Glory! :)
Thanks Nancy! For me God is always first in my life. Without God my wife and I would have parted many years ago. She knows she is high up on my list... about number 2 after God. We are working on the 50 years. About 1½ more years. Without Him we would have had nothing. With Him we have two lovely children, several grandchildren and now great grandchildren. What a mighty God we serve!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Nancy! For me God is always first in my life. Without God my wife and I would have parted many years ago. She knows she is high up on my list... about number 2 after God. We are working on the 50 years. About 1½ more years. Without Him we would have had nothing. With Him we have two lovely children, several grandchildren and now great grandchildren. What a mighty God we serve!
Amen brother,
"... about number 2 after God." Um, "about"?
I sure hope your stamp collection has not taken precedence over your beloved wife! :D

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother,
"... about number 2 after God." Um, "about"? I sure hope your stamp collection has not taken precedence over your beloved wife! :D
No, it is just that my memory at times is so bad I don't want to get out of God's order. Sometimes for example I will know what the scriptures read about a certain and I know that the particular verse I want is in the NT, but I cannot remember where and I cannot remember even a one or two words that I might use to find them in the concordance. I know that God is always number one. The sequence after that sometimes gets vague, but being as how my wife is the only one living with me any more she would definitely be number 2.

My really bad time with spending too much time on my stamps was in the 1990's. God was after me and I did not even know why when I backslid for about 10 years ending in 2002. Stamps were not in themselves the primary problem by any means. That 10 year period was the only time since 1976 that I stopped my daily devotions and Bible reading as well as attending church services. I was still working full time for Social Security putting in my 40 hours weekly plus overtime. I also built connections with between 30 and 40 world wide stamp collectors to trade stamps with... I think I had about a dozen in Argentina and half dozen in Spain, one in Switzerland and so forth. When I came back to the Lord all of my stamp trading partners were gone. It took me years to go through the multiple envelopes full of stamps received from most everywhere.

I had even been writing articles for one stamp magazine in Spanish put out by an emigrant from Cuba. I wrote them in Spanish and he edited my Spanish a little to improve my grammar for Spanish speaking stamp collectors. My Cuban friend died on me sometime in there and that took a little of the pressure on me because I wasn't prepared to publish a Spanish language philatelic magazine all alone. The magazine went out of business.

Now I only collect stamps that come on my snail mail, which is very little these days. When I came back to God in 2002, I shifted heavily from Social Security [retired from there in 2000] and stamp collecting to the things of God. My stamp time is only spent in preparation of books of stamps sent out for sale to diminish the size of my collection before I die. My wife threatens to throw the whole mess away otherwise. She is joking, of course, but she would get cheated if she had to try to sell them herself. This way while I live the little checks come in periodically allowing us a bit a pocket money. The stamps are out for 2-3 years so that even if I die before her the small checks would continue for quite a while.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is just that my memory at times is so bad I don't want to get out of God's order. Sometimes for example I will know what the scriptures read about a certain and I know that the particular verse I want is in the NT, but I cannot remember where and I cannot remember even a one or two words that I might use to find them in the concordance. I know that God is always number one. The sequence after that sometimes gets vague, but being as how my wife is the only one living with me any more she would definitely be number 2.

My really bad time with spending too much time on my stamps was in the 1990's. God was after me and I did not even know why when I backslid for about 10 years ending in 2002. Stamps were not in themselves the primary problem by any means. That 10 year period was the only time since 1976 that I stopped my daily devotions and Bible reading as well as attending church services. I was still working full time for Social Security putting in my 40 hours weekly plus overtime. I also built connections with between 30 and 40 world wide stamp collectors to trade stamps with... I think I had about a dozen in Argentina and half dozen in Spain, one in Switzerland and so forth. When I came back to the Lord all of my stamp trading partners were gone. It took me years to go through the multiple envelopes full of stamps received from most everywhere.

I had even been writing articles for one stamp magazine in Spanish put out by an emigrant from Cuba. I wrote them in Spanish and he edited my Spanish a little to improve my grammar for Spanish speaking stamp collectors. My Cuban friend died on me sometime in there and that took a little of the pressure on me because I wasn't prepared to publish a Spanish language philatelic magazine all alone. The magazine went out of business.

Now I only collect stamps that come on my snail mail, which is very little these days. When I came back to God in 2002, I shifted heavily from Social Security [retired from there in 2000] and stamp collecting to the things of God. My stamp time is only spent in preparation of books of stamps sent out for sale to diminish the size of my collection before I die. My wife threatens to throw the whole mess away otherwise. She is joking, of course, but she would get cheated if she had to try to sell them herself. This way while I live the little checks come in periodically allowing us a bit a pocket money. The stamps are out for 2-3 years so that even if I die before her the small checks would continue for quite a while.

Give God the glory!

You've planned well :)

Reactions: amadeus