The False Doctrines with OTHER key words

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with you. I believe that it contains a specific teaching that is distinct from the whole of the eight chapters that you are referring to.

If you make a doctrine out of 4 or 5 alone, you can easily make a false doctrine. But if you see the context of 6, that PREVENTS the false teaching. See why it is dangerous to think chapter 4 is distinct?

Romans 4: justification without the law.
Romans 5: not under law, but under grace.

Romans 6:
  • 1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?
  • 15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! 16 Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?

Reactions: amigo de christo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @CharismaticLady,

It is important that we absorb the doctrines of justification by grace through faith found in Romans 4 and 5.

They have their purpose in the mind of the believer; and they are also not nullified by subsequent teachings on holiness in Romans 6 and Romans 8.

As a matter of fact, it ought to be clear that Paul's contentions that we ought not to continue in sin that grace may abound, etc. are all part of a whole teaching that does not take away the fact that grace can in fact be misapplied when it is understood correctly.

Fact is, the grace of our God is extravagant and also scandalous.

Where sin abounds, grace superabounds (Romans 5:20).

This concept is the very thing that prompts Paul to say what he says in Romans 6:1-4; but I would say to you truly that the concept that leads him to answer to how it might be misapllied in those verses is in fact sound doctrine.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If only past sins are cleansed, then nobody is going to heaven. We all fall short daily and to think oneself otherwise displays spiritual pride.

Reactions: marks

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @CharismaticLady,

It is important that we absorb the doctrines of justification by grace through faith found in Romans 4 and 5.

They have their purpose in the mind of the believer; and they are also not nullified by subsequent teachings on holiness in Romans 6 and Romans 8.

As a matter of fact, it ought to be clear that Paul's contentions that we ought not to continue in sin that grace may abound, etc. are all part of a whole teaching that does not take away the fact that grace can in fact be misapplied when it is understood correctly.

Fact is, the grace of our God is extravagant and also scandalous.

Where sin abounds, grace superabounds (Romans 5:20).

This concept is the very thing that prompts Paul to say what he says in Romans 6:1-4; but I would say to you truly that the concept that leads him to answer to how it might be misapllied in those verses is in fact sound doctrine.

That was a little confusing. So what is your definition of grace concerning sin?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was a little confusing. So what is your definition of grace concerning sin?
The definition for grace, impaho, is five-fold:

1) unmerited (simple) favour

2) getting what we don't deserve (as opposed to mercy--not getting what we do deserve)

3) G)od's R)iches A)t C)hrist's E)xpense

4) the enabling power of the Lord

5) G)oodness R)endered A)s C)hrist E)mpowers.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not outline the first 8 chapters?

Just a suggestion, I find it useful sometimes.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The definition for grace, impaho, is five-fold:

1) unmerited (simple) favour

2) getting what we don't deserve (as opposed to mercy--not getting what we do deserve)

3) G)od's R)iches A)t C)hrist's E)xpense

4) the enabling power of the Lord

5) G)oodness R)endered A)s C)hrist E)mpowers.

That is a good definition and better than most people's on here.

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not in the flesh (carnal nature)

When Jesus spoke about eating his flesh and drinking his blood, did the disciples leave because they thought Jesus taught cannibalism?

Jesus made very clear that his “literal” flesh is “bread” that must be consumed:
  • I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world. 51
  • This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever. 58
Jesus was very explicit that the “bread” you eat is truly his flesh:
  • Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.” 53
  • Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. 54
  • For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 55
  • Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him. 56
  • Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me. 57
https://truthcampaign.org/truth-campaign-5/

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus spoke about eating his flesh and drinking his blood, did the disciples leave because they thought Jesus taught cannibalism?

Jesus made very clear that his “literal” flesh is “bread” that must be consumed:
  • I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world. 51
  • This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever. 58
  • Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.” 53
  • Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. 54
  • Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me. 57
Read just a wee bit father along . HE also said my Words are SPIRIT and they are LIFE .

Reactions: Nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Besides "cover" there are other key phrases of the false doctrine which brings death of the Church age of Sardis in Revelation 3.

False Doctrine phrases
  • Cover: the blood of Jesus covers our sin, and hides our sin from the Father who cannot look upon sin.
  • Past, present and future sins are all forgiven
  • Imputed righteousness, that covers your unrighteousness, but doesn't make you righteous.
  • Jesus freed us from the law and the consequences of sin, so you can sin and remain saved.
  • We will always sin until our bodies of flesh die and are changed.
Truth
  • Our born again nature does righteousness, making us righteous. 1 John 3:7
  • We are not in the flesh (carnal nature), but in the Spirit (divine nature), if the Spirit of God dwells within. (Reason for Paul's command to not quench the Spirit)
Justification frees us from guilt and gives us spiritual rebirth. Sanctification (the daily cross) removes sin from our soul. Glorification will happen when we are caught up in the clouds, are given new bodies, and will be with Jesus forever. THE problem with the church today is the lack of the daily cross. Hence the church in a large part is a baby-sitter for adult spiritual infants. "There is no one as blind as the blind one who believes they see." Shalom.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a good definition and better than most people's on here.
Actually also we have the very biblical defintion of what Grace does .
And i bet you arleady know it .
But let us read what paul once wrote to titus . Many , many moons ago , go back days , months , years , decades
centuries , almost two millinia . Paul wrote this
For the grace of GOD which Brings Salvation has appeared to all , TEACHING US
Teaching us to deny ungodliness and wordly lusts and to be living soberly , righteously and godly in this world
as we await the coming of our LORD .
YES Indeed sister . The grace that comes from GOD , is not hyper grace at all . ITS REAL .
As you already know . Feast on that BIBLE sister . Feast every day and love every WORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now its TIME to PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
So let all the hands fly up and let the praises coupled with much thanksgiving be given UNTO HE who alone
has saved us , changed us , and IN HIM we have all hope .
ALL HOPE . no matter what comes against us . whether we live or die , suffer , are beaten , persecuted and even killed , we have
ALL HOPE . FOR WE HAVE THE GLORIOUS HOPE OF OUR KING . LET the praises FLY TO THE LORD my friends .

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, they thought it was literal, rather than spiritual.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justification frees us from guilt and gives us spiritual rebirth. Sanctification (the daily cross) removes sin from our soul. Glorification will happen when we are caught up in the clouds, are given new bodies, and will be with Jesus forever. THE problem with the church today is the lack of the daily cross. Hence the church in a large part is a baby-sitter for adult spiritual infants. "There is no one as blind as the blind one who believes they see." Shalom.

We have different views. I already stated mine. We are being glorified now. It is part of the divine nature of God that we are partakers of, perfecting us more and more into Christ's image and nature.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We have different views. I already stated mine. We are being glorified now. It is part of the divine nature of God that we are partakers of, perfecting us more and more into Christ's image and nature.
"and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death." Hebrews 2:15 NIV. I'll leave it at that. Shalom.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually also we have the very biblical defintion of what Grace does .
And i bet you arleady know it .
But let us read what paul once wrote to titus . Many , many moons ago , go back days , months , years , decades
centuries , almost two millinia . Paul wrote this
For the grace of GOD which Brings Salvation has appeared to all , TEACHING US
Teaching us to deny ungodliness and wordly lusts and to be living soberly , righteously and godly in this world
as we await the coming of our LORD .
YES Indeed sister . The grace that comes from GOD , is not hyper grace at all . ITS REAL .
As you already know . Feast on that BIBLE sister . Feast every day and love every WORD .

The Grace of God is His power to become like Him and have no desire to sin. One of the Semitic writing styles is parallelisms. Saying one thing two different ways. One confirms the other.

Acts of the Apostles 4:33 " And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

Confirmed by 2 Peter 1:2-4 "Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.