The Fellowship of the Mystery

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t understand answering our call...not being confrontational,I truly don’t understand...

I don’t understand everything in God’s word, nor do I have to.
Our call is to do good works. Win the lost. Bear fruit. Fulfill the plan of God in our lives.

Not all of us will do this..

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn’t Gods word a mystery to be understood?
@Lizbeth

Where the New Testament speaks of "a mystery", this is from musterion, which refers to something that can only be known by revelation.

Where Paul wrote, for instance,

1 Corinthians 15:51 KJV
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

This isn't a puzzle to be solved like The Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew, it's something you couldn't otherwise know except now you are being told.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
See hw he twists things

Paul considered everything HERE on earth dung.

His hope was to be found the righteousness of God through faith.

again, that faith word epi hates so much.
A tree is known of its fruit. Someone who lies out of one side of their mouth and then claims to be somehow connected to Christ with the other. So obvious.

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grieved by a few comments, but enjoyed Episkopos' most gracious invitation to Koinonia through his podcast and this platform.

...and to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God

...that which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

...And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship...

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The kingdom of God is not in word but in power. only those who have entered into the empowered life of Christ understand the mystery. No words can express the heavenly gift.

"But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power." 1 Cor. 4:19,20
The Kingdom of God is in His people, as they mature in Christ through their loving walk with Him.
Rather than complicated and mysterious or riddled with plains and mountains, it is simply living out love in the world.

We find this very hard because our selfish hearts always want something else than we have and see others who have it so much better.
The richest in the world are always afraid of losing it all and being like the next guy who they always hate. The only security they want is to have twice as much again.

We live now in front of the veil, which for most is 80 years or so long.

I hear so much emphasis on better words, better songs, more miracles, more churches, better fellowships rather than just living Jesus's way in simplicity and love. Facing ourselves in the mirror is our hardest task which we hate and will run away from, because the shadow we cast we want something so much better. Let your yes be yes and your no be no.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Run to win! Paul said...

1 Cor. 9:24 Know you not that they which run in a race run all, but one receives the prize? So run, that you may obtain.
25 And every man that strives for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beats the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Paul is encouraging us to run...to attain to the higher walk...just as he did in the high calling which is to enter Into Christ and be found IN Him. In Him is no sin.

Modern church-goers have no idea what Paul was trying to obtain....what he was running to win.
You mean the walk that he didn't consider he had attained but kept pressing on in the upward call? Sorry but you're all over the place Epi. The whole point is that in humility we should never consider we have arrived but keep pressing on to what lies ahead because there's always more to attain. If we are running and growing we ARE obtaining! Nay in all these things we are more than conquerors. When did Paul ever stop running the race? He told us when....his death wrapped up his race. Not until then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible warns us over and over about the many who will accept the free stuff ...and get puffed up in their own estimation...but will be unwilling to forsake all to buy into the kingdom walk. You're on the side of the name-it claim-it crowd that denies the higher walk. There has to be these...and many of these. It's all too common in the modern world. There's a judgment coming that will sort these things out. If you have no fear of the Lord...then remain in your convictions and be an example of what you believe.
You don't know me at all Epi. But I recognize your personal attacks and insinuations are your usual deflections.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Lizbeth

Where the New Testament speaks of "a mystery", this is from musterion, which refers to something that can only be known by revelation.

Where Paul wrote, for instance,

1 Corinthians 15:51 KJV
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

This isn't a puzzle to be solved like The Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew, it's something you couldn't otherwise know except now you are being told.

Much love!
Actually, if I'm not misunderstanding, not just told but revealed. Jesus "told" everyone the same things but not all "saw" or "heard" what He was saying. It is the spiritual things of God which the natural carnal mind can't discern which the Holy Spirit reveals to us.

1Co 2:9-16

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do people ignore that only 1 of the 10 that were healed CAME BACK TO JESUS?

They all wanted something from Jesus (healing), they ALL got healing, 9 went their way and ONLY 1 came back to Jesus. Why do people ignore this???
Well speaking for myself I don't ignore that verse and have even made mention of it myself, as well as other things. But just that I can't link arms and come into agreement when that and other things are used to back up and lead to what is false. Some here essentially are denying that all ten of the those lepers were "healed". Not to mention other serious problems. It's always deceptive when there are some truths that are conflated with error. It's the truth bit that draws people into the error that it comes wrapped in, or maybe it is error wrapped up with some truth. It's how the devil works....he is utterly without scruples and tries to exploit our love of the of truth and seeking righteousness. We so need to be careful and discerning, and rightly DIVIDE the truth from the error.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well speaking for myself I don't ignore that verse and have even made mention of it myself, as well as other things. But just that I can't link arms and come into agreement when that and other things are used to back up and lead to what is false.

So you are saying that God doesn't want us to seek Him or His kingdom?
Some here essentially are denying that all ten of the those lepers were "healed".

God is a giver. The carnal man is a taker. 9 lepers took the benefit and left. Only one returned to Jesus. Just like the vast majority of modern believers. Most will walk away with the free stuff and never learn the purpose of God. Instead, these will continue to scrounge for what they want.
Not to mention other serious problems. It's always deceptive when there are some truths that are conflated with error.

The deeper errors are ignored...ignoring the purpose of God. The carnal mind filters out God's purpose.
It's the truth bit that draws people into the error that it comes wrapped in, or maybe it is error wrapped up with some truth. It's how the devil works....he is utterly without scruples and tries to exploit our love of the of truth and seeking righteousness. We so need to be careful and discerning, and rightly DIVIDE the truth from the error.
I pray you will be able to sort yourself out.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God is a giver. The carnal man is a taker. 9 took and left. Only one returned to God. Most will walk away with the free stuff and never learn the purpose of God. Instead, these will continue to scrounge for what they want.

The deeper errors are ignored...ignoring the purpose of God. The carnal mind filters out God's purpose.

Unfortunately Epi, when truth is just used as bait to lead the flock to a great deception, well I just wouldn't want to be in the shoes of those who do that.

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ah no Epi. She is a harlot/adulteress remember? Her sin is that of friendship with the world, being in bed with the world, all and sundry....unequally yoked with unbelievers. She welcomes any and all into unity in her embrace and thus is badly compromised. Babylon = Babel. (Which also means confusion.....confusing doctrine is not of God, since HE is not the author of confusion.)
Mystery Babylon. Now who here resembles that?

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You well know that is not what I'm saying. Insincerity and sarcasm are bad fruit.

God is a giver. The carnal man is a taker. 9 lepers took the benefit and left. Only one returned to Jesus. Just like the vast majority of modern believers. Most will walk away with the free stuff and never learn the purpose of God. Instead, these will continue to scrounge for what they want.
Here you contradict yourself. Elsewhere you teach that we didn't really receive any free stuff to begin with, saying that the free stuff is only for those who walk in a higher walk.

God's purpose is not to unite the body of Christ with the world, that's for sure. Those that like to talk about holiness better learn that holy means to be separated and set apart for His purposes.

This sarcasm is on display for all to see. Not good fruit for someone who purports to be a man of God. Ye shall know them by their fruits.

I understand the meaning now of where it talks about Rachel weeping for her children. Herod coming after the little ones. Those who are not yet matured - ie, still depending on and trusting in men- are easily led astray by them. Except for a remnant who get secreted out of harm's way. The very elect. Lord have mercy.

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Unfortunately Epi, when truth is just used as bait to lead the flock to a great deception, well I just wouldn't want to be in the shoes of those who do that.
You can't understand what I'm saying because you are self-confirmed...like so many. Those who understand the sacrificial nature of God's kingdom understand what I'm saying. Otherwise the very selfless nature of the upward calling INTO Christ is seen as a threat...to the carnal mind.