The Fire is Now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all others pay cash!
lol

Might mention: Matthew 16:18-19
[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. [19] And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Daniel 3:25
[25] He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Might mention: Matthew 16:18-19
[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. [19] And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Daniel 3:25
[25] He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
nice. A reiteration to keep our dealings to "three" in there too imo, "two or three"
the etymologies of those three become important, and two etys for each of course
bc they were given new names

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one could draw such a conclusion from your random collection of Scriptures. Time for you to invest in Nave's Topical Bible.

So blunt. Don’t know what a Nave’s Topical Bible is?

Caution another random verse but have a question to ask: Numbers 11:1-3
[1] And when the people complained, it displeased the Lord : and the Lord heard it ; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the Lord burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp. [2] And the people cried unto Moses; and when Moses prayed unto the Lord , the fire was quenched. [3] And he called the name of the place Taberah: because the fire of the Lord burnt among them.

The exodus out ...the complainers angered God and fire consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp. They cried unto Moses to quench the fire. The children are told to not quench the fire that destroys sin. Paul instructed to pull others from the fire which is the wrath of God against the garment spotted of flesh, into Christ. From death into Life. Consider the dry tree. God gives Living water for thirst. All I’m suggesting is the same fire against sin burns and consumes the outward man as any sinner and I’ve heard many say this is good to not quench the Spirit in His work of sanctification. Why? We don’t cry because His judgments are good and Holy. Though the outward man perishes, the inward man is renewed daily. So...not trying to imply God’s wrath is upon his children but chastisement that they may live. Those perishing curse God and complain as those in the wilderness. Yes I can see what you are saying about reserved but He also says so that we are not condemned with the world at His appearing. Is that so horrible to say or even consider? If so please explain why?

Taberah - Wikipedia

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Raptured = 'Caught up...' (1 Thessalonians 4.17).
'Then we which are alive and remain
shall be caught up together with them in the clouds,
to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord.'

(1Thessalonians 4:17)

Thank you @farouk

Yes 'caught up', G726 - harpazō - meaning to seize, translated:- catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).

* This company will be saved from a great time of tribulation.

* Thank you for your response, @Waiting on him.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: farouk

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So blunt. Don’t know what a Nave’s Topical Bible is?
iu

https://www.amazon.com/naves-topical-bible
Yes I can see what you are saying about reserved but He also says so that we are not condemned with the world at His appearing. Is that so horrible to say or even consider? If so please explain why?
This is not very clear. However, when the Gospel is preached the reality of an eternal Hell of fire and brimstone must also be presented. At the same time, the unsaved must be warned that God's impending fiery judgments will be coming upon this earth in the relatively near future. At the same time Christians must be assured that God has not appointed them to wrath but to obtain salvation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only, intresting post. but there are several kinds of fire.
example, your Isaiah 33:10-14 you posted.

1 Corinthians 3:11 "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:12 "Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1 Corinthians 3:13 "Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1 Corinthians 3:14 "If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1 Corinthians 3:15 "If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire".

also in reference to the above verse, it was with the two witness as to how if, "any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed", meaning, "fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies". but this is not natural fire, but the word of God. scripture,
Jeremiah 5:13 "And the prophets shall become wind, and the word is not in them: thus shall it be done unto them.
Jeremiah 5:14 "Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them".

for God id a refining fire. Malachi 3:2 "But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap".

not saying that you're right or wrong here, but not all fire is a destroying fire, of sin, yes. but the same fire that burn the wicked can save. just an oponion.

PICJAG.
More than one kind of fire... or only one fire which works more than one way, [perhaps like a two edged sword]? On the one hand it burns up that which is dried up and dead with no good in it. On the other hand it cleans up and purifies that which has good [only one is Good, that is God] within it trimming off or burning off the filthiness which hides or hinders the good:

"For our God is a consuming fire." Heb 12:29

It was the same God that flamed in the burning bush without consuming it. It was the same God that killed the soldiers of Nebuchadnezzar with the heat of His fire while only burning off the binding ropes of the three Hebrews thrown into the furnace...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
'Then we which are alive and remain
shall be caught up together with them in the clouds,
to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord.'

(1Thessalonians 4:17)

Thank you @farouk

Yes 'caught up', G726 - harpazō - meaning to seize, translated:- catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).

* This company will be saved from a great time of tribulation.

* Thank you for your response, @Waiting on him.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Ok, go with that for now if you like, but maybe note "caught up" has another meaning to, note "taken by force" even, note that the term "rapture" as used elsewhere is suspiciously absent, note the "company that will be saved from great tribulation" is an addition not a Quote
note, note, note ok.
You can read what you like, and you can stop reading when you like, so you will be responsible for your declarations right

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC to all.
yes, our God is a wall of protection, Zec 2:4 "And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:
Zec 2:5 "For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her".

PICJAG.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 48:10-11
[10] Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. [11] For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it : for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

‘Furnace of affliction’? Only for Israel and OT? How many could relate to this passage? Or beauty for ashes? (Isaiah 61:3) Although the definition of beauty might be warped by what the world considers beauty. (Isaiah 53:2-4)

Consider (Isaiah 40:5-7)in all flesh is grass, and all goodliness as the flower in a field. the grass withers and the flower fades ...when the Spirit of the Lord blows upon it. Same grass of the field God says is today and tomorrow cast into the oven. (Matthew 6:30)

1 Peter 1:23-24
[23] Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. [24] For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

Hasn’t God been working all along or only waiting for one generation for a (the)great tribulation? Is it odd then Paul said (inspired by the Holy Spirit)to not think it strange when you were illuminated...blown on by the Spirit...that man’s glory —the grass and flower—suffered in the heat? Is it perculiar then for Paul to refer to this as a fiery trail or the parables Jesus spoke of seed cast Mark 4:6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.

James 1:11-12
[11] For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways. [12] Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Revelation 7:16-17
[16] They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. [17] For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

James 1:2-4
[2] My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; [3] Knowing this , that the trying of your faith worketh patience. [4] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC to all.
yes, our God is a wall of protection, Zec 2:4 "And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:
Zec 2:5 "For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her".

PICJAG.

Encouraging!

Thank you