The Five Points of Calvinism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No freewill just assigning to Hell is not love.

They do not assign people to hell people have already done it to themselves, in other words not one single person deserves to be with God. It is out of his love that he decides to give life to whom he chooses. As far as free will is concerned you have to define the word because everybody has freewill just not the freewill to choose God.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They do not assign people to hell people have already done it to themselves, in other words not one single person deserves to be with God. It is out of his love that he decides to give life to whom he chooses. As far as free will is concerned you have to define the word because everybody has freewill just not the freewill to choose God.

Everyone born has sin nature. But everyone born can repent and be saved in free will.

There is no such limitation on free will in the Bible. Romans 8 says God for new who would love him and then predestined them all the way to glorification.

It does not say God predestines them to love him.

Calvinism denies that.

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone born has sin nature. But everyone born can repent and be saved in free will.

There is no such limitation on free will in the Bible. Romans 8 says God for new who would love him and then predestined them all the way to glorification.

It does not say God predestines them to love him.

Calvinism denies that.

Lets think about this you said everybody born has a sin nature...so now the Bible declares everybody is dead in sin, that is to say spiritual dead, the Bible also says it is the goodness of God that leads one to repentance. So where is our freewill in this. God declares it is his goodness this doesn’t sound like the God you are referring the Calvinist to have.

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets think about this you said everybody born has a sin nature...so now the Bible declares everybody is dead in sin, that is to say spiritual dead, the Bible also says it is the goodness of God that leads one to repentance. So where is our freewill in this. God declares it is his goodness this doesn’t sound like the God you are referring the Calvinist to have.

He wants everybody saved, but he requires repentance by free will.

God sees who want him and helps them to find him. But never by force.

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He wants everybody saved, but he requires repentance by free will.

God sees who want him and helps them to find him. But never by force.

They are dead so they don’t have free will. As far as force is concerned that has been grossly wrong...Jn. 6:44 disspells that notion.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not listed as a cult in any standard cult encyclopedia. Mainly the anti-trinitarians and those who do not think Jesus is God are listed.
The "anti-cult" movement is one that declares any beliefs system they don't like / disagree with to be a "cult". CoreIssue doing the same here is constant with the movement.
That being said, this methodology makes this word completely without meaning and only serves to throw mud around.

D

Dave L

The "anti-cult" movement is one that declares any beliefs system they don't like / disagree with to be a "cult". CoreIssue doing the same here is constant with the movement.
That being said, this methodology makes this word completely without meaning and only serves to throw mud around.
Being Mormon, you would naturally say this. But volumes exist defining cults as anti-trinitarian in the ecumenical creed sense. And the denial of Christ's divinity along with this.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being Mormon, you would naturally say this. But volumes exist defining cults as anti-trinitarian in the ecumenical creed sense. And the denial of Christ's divinity along with this.
You're overlooking that the anti-cult founders also declared Catholics, SDA, Orthodox, and many other Christians branches to be "cults". The term was pretty much used for any group that was not their own, relies on fear-pandering, and has no relations to dictionary definitions and/or mainstream usage of the term.

D

Dave L

You're overlooking that the anti-cult founders also declared Catholics, SDA, Orthodox, and many other Christians branches to be "cults". The term was pretty much used for any group that was not their own, relies of fear-pandering, and has no relations to dictionary defections and/or mainstream usage of the term.
Never heard of it.

D

Dave L

You don't know the history of your own movement then. For example, look up the works of Walter Martian, one of the founders of the "anti-cult" movement.
I've read Martin but I don'y think he supports your claims. It's been awhile though.....

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Completely wrong.

Of course what’ve I said is wrong according to what you have been taught but God says we are dead in Sins and Trespasses, I’m not making this up. Likewise look at the word draw and see once for yourself how it is used.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read Martin but I don'y think he supports your claims. It's been awhile though.....
He has an entire section on it in his "Kingdom of Cults" book. (Note: the entire book is completely inaccurate slander, and I no way endorse it). I'm just illustrating the foundations and methodology of this "anti cult" movement any how it can indeed be applied to Calvinism or any other group.
(In case it wasn't clear: I do *NOT* agree with anything about this movement or throwing around words like this)

D

Dave L

He has an entire section on it in his "Kingdom of Cults" book. (Note: the entire book is completely inaccurate slander, and I no way endorse it). I'm just illustrating the foundations and methodology of this "anti cult" movement any how it can indeed be applied to Calvinism or any other group.
(In case it wasn't clear: I do *NOT* agree with anything about this movement or throwing around words like this)
I've read that book but can't identify with what you are saying.