The Gate of Heaven שַׁעַר הַשָּׁמָיִם

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The hidden word in the text you provided is emounah....faith.

Can’t complain over that. Faith. What about Isaiah 66:7-13 is this where nurse comes from to suck? Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. [8] Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. [9] Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord : shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb ? saith thy God. [10] Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her: [11] That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory. [12] For thus saith the Lord , Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees. [13] As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Still seeing nursing children. Ruth 4:14-17 And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the Lord , which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name (Christ’s our kinsman)may be famous in Israel. [15] And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him. [16] And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom(what Israel above does for the children born of God)and became nurse unto it. [17] And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed: he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a final scriptural challenge to post on this thread.

When the author of Hebrews gives examples of faith, he uses the case of Enoch who was translated to God because he pleased the Lord.

Heb. 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Enoch was taken up to be with God....physically.

But in Christ the same thing happens....but spiritually. By FAITH. Jesus is pleasing to God. Those who abide in Christ are therefore also pleasing to God. Our testimony is that that pleasing brings us into God's presence through being translated to His dwelling place....in Zion which is above. (His kingdom)

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Can anyone see the parallel here?

Romans 12:2
[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed(translated) by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I checked the Hebrew and it still means "on it". After all it was a ladder.

Hi Enoch,

I understand that the Hebrew nouns all have gender, some feminine and some masculine. And of course they would use the matching pronouns.

For instance, 1 Kings 7, describing some of the making of the temple artifacts, check out the genders on the nouns and pronouns here. Some of the components are girls, some are boys.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/1kg7.pdf

We could make much of this, I imagine. But at the end of the day, I think it's talking about the building of ornate temple washing basins.

Much love!
mark

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can’t complain over that. Faith. What about Isaiah 66:7-13 is this where nurse comes from to suck? Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. [8] Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. [9] Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord : shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb ? saith thy God. [10] Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her: [11] That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory. [12] For thus saith the Lord , Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees. [13] As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Still seeing nursing children. Ruth 4:14-17 And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the Lord , which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name (Christ’s our kinsman)may be famous in Israel. [15] And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him. [16] And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom(what Israel above does for the children born of God)and became nurse unto it. [17] And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed: he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.

Even though the translation is the same...borne upon her sides... The Hebrew actually is clearly that....with no hidden meanings apparent.

I always look for words that stick out as if they were put there to be noticeable in the out of context placement. But in the case of the above verses I don't see anything at first glance.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point to me is that Jesus is that ladder. If Jacob saw those going up and down on it, it is still Jesus. He is the way from earth to heavenly places.

Hi stunnedbygrace,

This to me is the beauty of simplicity. We know of a certainty this thing because of Jesus' words to Nathaniel. It is through Jesus that we have access to the life we had, but lost to sin, and regain in Him.

Much love!
Mark

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it was a prophecy of the birth of Jesus.

When the book of Psalm was written, there was no New Jerusalem. It did not exist until the bridegroom Jesus went to heaven to prepare a place for his bride.

There was no bride in the Old Testament.
Me
Melchizedek was the king of Salem, which is Jeru Salem. We enter in after this order?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is. 28:16 So this is what the Lord GOD says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; the one who believes will never be shaken.

i Pet. 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

The New Jerusalem is the building of God with Jesus as the cornerstone and foundation. The will of God is to fit us, as living stones, (alive in the Spirit) together for His holy habitation.

Psalm 48:12 Walk about Zion, go around her, count her towers,

Is. 28:16 Is the earthly Jerusalem and Jesus is the cornerstone of the church. Clearly stated in the New Testament.

Ephesians 2
18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household,
20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.
22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

i Pet. 2:5 The church is the temple of Christ.

There is no temple in the New Jerusalem.

Revelation 21:22
22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

The New Jerusalem, per the wedding custom, is the dwelling place the bridegroom, Jesus, prepares for his bride, the church.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me
Jesus is compared to was the king of Salem, which is Jeru Salem. We enter in after this order?

He was the king priest of Salem. Jesus is the king of Israel of the line of David on the throne of David and our high priest in the Ezekiel Temple in the MK.

Jesus was of the order of this great king who blessed Abraham. And as the Bible says to bless someone you have to be greater than the someone.

Salem means peace. Jesus is our peace.

It is no wonder Jesus spoke highly of him.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hebrew says....Al-tsad te-amanah.....which means ...until they side with your faith. (or your faithfulness)

I don't see where they get borne on the side...

So I read it like this....Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: they all are gathered together, and come to thee; Your sons come from far (and daughters) until they side with your faith.

That is quite a spin on the verse and its meaning.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Ok? No temple because He IS the temple of God built up of lively stones which is His body with Him as the Head. This is the Revelation of Jesus Christ given to the Son by the Father in what God was going to do. 1 Timothy 6:13-15
[13] I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; [14] That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: [15] Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was the king priest of Salem. Jesus is the king of Israel of the line of David on the throne of David and our high priest in the Ezekiel Temple in the MK.

Jesus was of the order of this great king who blessed Abraham. And as the Bible says to bless someone you have to be greater than the someone.

You said the New City; Jerusalem which is above and the mother of us all is not in the OT and not until Jesus told them He went to prepare a place. But New Jerusalem is there; in what God said He will do. Home IS Spirit. The Spirit of God is outside of man’s time. Is not fading or passing away. Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

This is the New Jerusalem: Spirit. It is the Spirit that gives light and we walk in His (the Lambs)steps. Revelation 21:23-24 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Jerusalem was flesh. She is resurrected Spirit. Glorified. A new creation. Yet above. not of this world. Same as a child born of God is resurrected... a new creature...belonging to that Jerusalem which is above and Spirit, the child of God also seated there. Not of this world but tastes of the powers of the world to come. Can’t force Jerusalem to go back to what has passed away and has been made (created)new in Christ. Same as can’t force a new creature created in Christ, a child of God ...to return to dead flesh and what has passed away to walk in newness of life. It is better, as promised. Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Can’t put the new in old skins.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said the New City; Jerusalem which is above and the mother of us all is not in the OT and not until Jesus told them He went to prepare a place. But she is; in what God will do. The Spirit of God is outside of man’s time? Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

This is the New Jerusalem: Spirit. It is the Spirit that gives light and we walk in His steps. Revelation 21:23-24 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. [24] And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Jerusalem was flesh. She is resurrected Spirit. Glorified. A new creation. Yet above. not of this world. Same as a child born of God is resurrected... a new creature...belonging to that Jerusalem which is above...the child of God is also seated there. Can’t force Jerusalem to go back to what has passed away and has been made (created)new in Christ. Same as we can’t force a new creature created in Christ, a child of God ...to return to dead flesh and what has passed away. It is better, as promised.
Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Can’t put the new in old skins.

No, the new Jerusalem is clearly defined as a physical place on a physical new earth.

Jerusalem is not resurrected. The new Jerusalem already exists in heaven at the same time the earthly Jerusalem still exists and will exist for at least 1000 years.

And we have new minds and hearts and spirits existing in our still here flesh bodies.

At the resurrection these old bodies will be glorified just as Christ's body was glorified in his resurrection.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He had no beginning of days or end

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, it was a prophecy of the birth of Jesus.

When the book of Psalm was written, there was no New Jerusalem. It did not exist until the bridegroom Jesus went to heaven to prepare a place for his bride.

There was no bride in the Old Testament.

Lord...Open his eyes that he may SEE!! Wonderful things in your Word.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the new Jerusalem is clearly defined as a physical place on a physical new earth.

Jerusalem is not resurrected. The new Jerusalem already exists in heaven at the same time the earthly Jerusalem still exists and will exist for at least 1000 years.

And we have new minds and hearts and spirits existing in our still here flesh bodies.

At the resurrection these old bodies will be glorified just as Christ's body was glorified in his resurrection.

Isaiah 40:22
[22] It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

As Paul mentions folding up a temporary tent (this body)and then the spoken of the corruptible putting on the incorruptible ...the incorruptible doesn’t inherit the corruption. You said ‘new creation’ but New Jerusalem also is created in Him as are the children of promise ...promised to Israel. The promise of rebuilding and restoring the temple made to David; fulfilled in a temple made without hands that remains and will not be thrown down. Restored.

As decaying and aging flesh(the tent) is removed and clothed with a new garment(permanent) so also is the earth. The tent God stretches out and ‘rent’ removed for a better garment. John 19:23 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.

Same earth but no longer under a tent but under Christ. Proverbs 10:30
[30] The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.—Hebrews 12:27-29
[27] And this word , Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. [28] Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: [29] For our God is a consuming fire.

Last edited: